Fan Initiative to Improve/Increase Value of Fanbase?

If you were recruiting more fans, I'd be all for it, but recruiting players, I'm not about that. It could inevitably turn into a negative. All it takes is one bad apple.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
If you were recruiting more fans, I'd be all for it, but recruiting players, I'm not about that. It could inevitably turn into a negative. All it takes is one bad apple.
Well it was more about creating some expectations and standards among our fans, something that may stand out among fan bases to recruits and have an indirect impact on recruiting while having a more direct impact on our culture. If it were formalized and supported by a large number of people it could influence others’ behavior who despite their questionable online antics actually offer a lot of positives and would only help if they decided it was a good idea as well. Power in numbers sort of thing. Otherwise we look like our nation right now. Squabbling like children while passionate for the same country. People notice. Kids notice. Just like they would notice an especially positive, classy fan base... win or lose. That said, such a movement may even be appreciated by the Coaches and University and create a better relationship between our fan base and coaches.

Lot of people dogging OP, but he is just using Power Speak to suggest a secondary network of financing our recruiting efforts. It is the most important route to winning in CFB. Let's get this bizz goin. $500 per VN member and we have an annual top 3 recruiting class.

Seriously OP, like GV said, sounds like good intentions but it's a zebra/stripes thing. Some of those guys live to get up, talk shat every free moment and go back to bed dreaming of doing it again tomorrow.
May as well ask all Ga fans to admit losing a recruit..or all Florida fans to stop smelling funny, just not gonna happen.

Lot of people dogging OP, but he is just using Power Speak to suggest a secondary network of financing our recruiting efforts. It is the most important route to winning in CFB. Let's get this bizz goin. $500 per VN member and we have an annual top 3 recruiting class.
We would never cheat like that. 🤥

I think your idea far surpasses that of a University and is more of a social issue you are trying to tackle. More power to you but I don’t think this is the place to do it, however I appreciate you testing the waters... it’s the offseason better now then ever.

I think your idea far surpasses that of a University and is more of a social issue you are trying to tackle. More power to you but I don’t think this is the place to do it, however I appreciate you testing the waters... it’s the offseason better now then ever.
Yes that is an accurate assessment. I am curuous when you say you dint feel this is the place do you mean VN or UT?

Yes that is an accurate assessment. I am curuous when you say you dint feel this is the place do you mean VN or UT?
Definitely VN..... most definitely VN... and don’t take the comments like “this is terrible” or any other negative comment personal they are probably just saying it for “likes” anyway and there has been some people on here that go wayyyy too far so whenever you mention anything about anything revolving around recruits then peoples “red flags” go up... but I do appreciate your “try” never let that flame out...

Just stay away from Vol Twitter. I’ve been told by many many opposing fans that their experience with UT fans when visiting Neyland /Knoxville was nothing but cordial and respectful in wins and losses. We have a great fan base. Just don’t listen to the guy yelling the loudest.

I am way to Libertarian for this. Not to mention we only have badly behaved fans in a very small segment of the fan base.

VN Store

Back