Fall-2005

surrealvol

Okay gang, who is your pick for this year's Utah?

In other words, which team do you think will be the surprise of the upcoming season?

Why do you think so? :question:

Without much thought and even fewer facts to back it up --- I'll go with a team from the MAC.

They've consistently had some high talent teams for the last several years and a string of outstanding QB's (Leftwich, Grabowski(? - Toledo), Roethlisberger, Jacobs, Pennington, and a couple others I've left out).

You've heard it from me before but I have NIU connections and their win over Bama at Tuscaloosa was so sweet! In the mid 90's they were the worst team in college football with a losing streak that stretched over 3 years! I wear my NIU gear around Birmingham whenever I get the chance! :neener:

That is a tough one!

I really dont put alot of thought into it, usualy just shocked when a team from out of no where does so well.

It may not be odd? but miami O really stepped up, i know big ben is gone but still wasnt as bad as id thought. Louisville and Boise St really suprised me! That was a great Bowl game. But besides that just they was both top 20 teams. And what about Fresno.

This year wow i really couldnt say? But i'll pull one from the hat and go with Hawaii, i also dont have anything to back it up or even care to. Now im not calling them Utah' just maybe improved enough to steal a little attention?

I believe Bowling Green and Boise State will be the big mid-majors this season. Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs put up phenomenal numbers last season, and should be doing the same. Boise State is slated to continue their domination of the WAC, and if they can upset the Dawgs, should get a pretty high bowl bid.

Keep an eye on Louisville this year. They moved to the Big East this year and are now "offically" BCS eligable. Petrino has the Cards pumped. They're only loss last year came to the Hurricanes, in Miami, and they should have won that one. They beat Boise St. in the Liberty Bowl, a team most everyone is looking at to take it to the dawgs. They are returning nearly everyone on defense. Michael Bush will get a majority of the carries after Eric Shelton and Lionel Gates head into the NFL. Bush was second in rushing on the team last year. Brian Brohm will replace Stefan LeFors at QB. Given that most of Louisville's wins were blow outs, Brohm saw a considerable amount of time. They got a tough schedule, but could have another top 10 year.

Originally posted by KentuckyVolFan@Jun 9, 2005 6:07 AM
Keep an eye on Louisville this year. They moved to the Big East this year and are now "offically" BCS eligable. Petrino has the Cards pumped. They're only loss last year came to the Hurricanes, in Miami, and they should have won that one. They beat Boise St. in the Liberty Bowl, a team most everyone is looking at to take it to the dawgs. They are returning nearly everyone on defense. Michael Bush will get a majority of the carries after Eric Shelton and Lionel Gates head into the NFL. Bush was second in rushing on the team last year. Brian Brohm will replace Stefan LeFors at QB. Given that most of Louisville's wins were blow outs, Brohm saw a considerable amount of time. They got a tough schedule, but could have another top 10 year.
[snapback]102153[/snapback]​

I agree that Lousiville will be a good team again, but I don't think they will be able to fly under the radar this year. I am sure someone from wth MAC or WAC will be a suprise again this year

They are and even some have them as being Top 5 but I am not sure many believe it.....I know that sounds weird.

I think Fresno State will resume their status as near-but-not-quite-top in the WAC and more importantly as a giant-killer. They go quietly through the season in the lower top 25 to beat out a team they should have no chance against come bowl season.

I would say Iowa would be top 5, except I also believe the Big Ten will be the toughest conference to play in next season. Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State (Should all be top 15 IMO) in the same conference, and even the lesser teams will not be gimmes next season.

Memphis is an interesting choice as well. This year's big offering from C-USA, perhaps.

VT is gonna be loaded but that's a given
Bammers maybe,but not due to injuries
I just have a hard time with the west coast teams 'cept maybe Cal
maybe I need to think more on this T A&M , ok goooing wAAYY OUT ON A limb ....USC drops 2 Maybe it's the hate,but i'm usually close!!!! :D

I could see USC potentially dropping one this season. ASU or Oregon if the Ducks can finally live up to their potential.

VN Store

Back