Fake injury situation needs to change

Vol865

My suggestion is if a player goes down there are no huddles on the sideline. The personnel on the field has to stay on the field unless the offense subs. Then possibly look into putting a limit on the number of injuries you can have before you have to sit out a certain amount of time.

it should be that you are given maybe three injury stoppages per game. then after three it is a charged timeout each time. if you have no timeouts, 5 yard delay of game. the injured player must sit out the remainder of the series

I kinda liked the announcers take on it...make a player that goes down sit for the whole drive. Hard to do that though because there are times when players do just get a cramp or something.

Reactions: Fatman Photos
Does anyone know how many flops Ole Miss had? Seems like every third down they did it to change personnel

In fairness, Heupel told Spraggins to drop late in the game too
Spraggins is an offensive player who wasn't trying to get a free substitution or slow down the game. They told him to go down so he wouldn't bother trying to rush off the field. That happens in games and it's no big deal. Systematically dropping the same players who just happen to be the ones you want to sub out of each defensive package is a different thing.

Reactions: BartW
In fairness, Heupel told Spraggins to drop late in the game too
Spraggins helmet had come off so he was being forced to come out of the game. We werent sure which 4th string lineman to put in so he had him go down to buy them time on figuring out who to put in. Plus, they had 22 “injuries” last night. It’s ok if we had a couple too.

Spraggins helmet had come off so he was being forced to come out of the game. We werent sure which 4th string lineman to put in so he had him go down to buy them time on figuring out who to put in. Plus, they had 22 “injuries” last night. It’s ok if we had a couple too.

Ole Miss did it much more, like 40-1 so I agree

Reactions: TMvol10

VN Store

Back