Fake Injury rule change

Did NCAA finally pass the rule to eliminate the kiffin fake Injury play?
I guess you missed it but a few people were speaking on this topic just yesterday. Is complete BS, IMO! We're moving at a smooth Fast Pace, fixing to score, then down goes Frazier LOL. Hopefully they'll make them rule changes after this coming season!

Disagree. They stay out for the remainder of the series.
I thought they just had to stay out one play and then could return. I also remember coaches being allowed to take a timeout to prevent the player from having to sit out a play.

Sooner or later they’ll have to fix this or football will turn into soccer (with everyone soccer flopping to get a refs favorable call).

Just make all injured players sit until the next 1st down. I don’t see how anybody could disagree with 1-3 plays.
This. Make it that all "injured players" are out until the next first down or the series is over, which ever comes first.

The NCAA is overthinking the rule. The rule should be be like the helmet coming off rule. Any player, offense or defense, delaying play by more than X seconds regardless of reason (injury or no injury - does not matter) automatically sits out the next play current series.

fify

the rule should be simple and clear! The offense controls the clock. If the defense usurps that control for any reason, it's a penalty. Carry the injured player off the field! It's a penalty! Carry the player faking an injury off the field, it's a penalty! If the player with a broken leg wants to come back in the next play, fine! BUT ONLY AFTER THE PENALTY IS STEPPED OFF! THE DEFENSE CANNOT TAKE CONTROL OF THE CLOCK WITHOUT SUFFERING A PENALTY!

Don't think it will happen. Giving a truly injured play an incentive to play hurt rather than penalize his team is not a good recipe. Has to be a better way.

Yes. If the injury is bad enough to stop play then you must be evaluated until the next timeout. (ie..team, official, media, quarter etc.)

Also like 3 plays minimum or end of series.

If obvious, maybe some fines or scholarship reduction for reoccurring stoppages.

The NCAA is overthinking the rule. The rule should be be like the helmet coming off rule. Any player, offense or defense, delaying play by more than X seconds regardless of reason (injury or no injury - does not matter) automatically sits out the next play. Refs would not need to make a judgement about motivation (like the change from the old face mask rule). What is right number seconds for triggering the rule? I'll throw out a delay of 2 seconds from the offense being set for the next play for discussion. Is this the right number of seconds for triggering the rule?

That’s already the rule. An injured player (that causes an official t.o.) can’t come back in until 1 play has passed unless the team elects to burn a t.o. The rule should be that they come back until either the next series or preferably until the start of the next quarter. That would absolutely negate the faking issue.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If you are faking the injury against the real UT, you must sit out the rest of the game, Against any other SEC school you can come back the next play. i think this would work best for my viewing pleasure.

Reactions: greenbacknative
Just having to set out a full series would do, you would put a ton of pressure on the backups. I believe a entire quarter is too drastic. You got to think about the defensive player that gets a quick stinger and gets breathe knocked out of him. Or maybe just gets a quick dinger. Them are legit injuries and that player should not have to sit a entire quarter for having a legit minor injury. The Ole miss was obvious flopping. I watched players just fall to the ground for no reason all night. That isn’t even natural looking, it was very obvious.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Just having to set out a full series would do, you would put a ton of pressure on the backups. I believe a entire quarter is too drastic. You got to think about the defensive player that gets a quick stinger and gets breathe knocked out of him. Or maybe just gets a quick dinger. Them are legit injuries and that player should not have to sit a entire quarter for having a legit minor injury. The Ole miss was obvious flopping. I watched players just fall to the ground for no reason all night. That isn’t even natural looking, it was very obvious.

you forgot the ol’Piss players looking to the bench before the injury fall…

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They should make a limit on injury timeouts, after 4 used injury timeouts you lose one of your own timeouts for every injury timeout starting with the 5th. Just a wild thought!😆

Just make all injured players sit until the next 1st down. I don’t see how anybody could disagree with 1-3 plays.
Make any injured player sit out the rest of the drive. If they're really hurt, they probably wouldn't have come back in the next play anyway. You'd have a lot less of the fake injuries, but the drawback is that you might also have kids playing hurt.

In the interest of safety, the player should be rushed to the hospital for a complete physical, including a prostate exam. Safety #1 priority :eek:
EXACTLY..!! Player Safety trumps EVERYTHING, doesn't it..???
Not just me being a homer. . . the rule would've been changed mid-season if bammer or UGA ran our style offense and complained about the flops.
OOPs....my mistake..!! Bama and Georgia trump everything. Until THEY are affected....the NCAA ain't gonna do squat.

The NCAA is overthinking the rule. The rule should be be like the helmet coming off rule. Any player, offense or defense, delaying play by more than X seconds regardless of reason (injury or no injury - does not matter) automatically sits out the next play. Refs would not need to make a judgement about motivation (like the change from the old face mask rule). What is right number seconds for triggering the rule? I'll throw out a delay of 2 seconds from the offense being set for the next play for discussion. Is this the right number of seconds for triggering the rule?
It needs to be much stiffer than 1 play. Why not make it a 5-10 yard penalty?

VN Store

Back