Fake Injury rule change

Fake injuries for extra timeouts is the worse than corrupting players with cash before NIL. It’s an attack on the integrity of the game between the lines with no consequence.

I’d like to see a montage of obvious flops for context.

When a player is injured the team stopping play should only be able to sub for that one player while the other team can sub at will. When a player is injured the team stopping play should remain on the field, while the other team can go to the sidelines with their coaches. When it’s determined by the medical staff that an injured player is safe to move(Cramps can be addressed on the sidelines.), get them off the field even if it’s on a stretcher to avoid a lengthy interruption of play.

The last thing I want to happen is for an injured player to be treated like a cheat, but for the cheat that fakes an injury, I’ve got nothing for them but distain.

Reactions: 24/7vol and Vol524
Don't think it will happen. Giving a truly injured play an incentive to play hurt rather than penalize his team is not a good recipe. Has to be a better way.

If a player is hurt, but can still play to keep his team from getting a penalty, he can certainly get off the field without stopping the clock to keep his team from getting a penalty! The new rule will have to address these marginal situations!

Reactions: 24/7vol
If you want a new rule, then make it a safety issue. Player has to sit out just to be safe.

If you want a new rule, then make it a safety issue. Player has to sit out just to be safe.
That won’t deter players that want to sit out from faking an injury that results in them having to sit out, it actually gives them exactly what they want, a chance to get off the field without costing their team a timeout, a penalty, or playing short handed.

VN Store

Back