Fact vs Fiction on UF/LSU from SEC Country

After reviewing this situation, I find that Florida caused the problem. Therefore, I award a victory to LSU & a loss to da Gators.

Attachments

• foley.png
    foley.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
while probably not entirely accurate depiction of events, you get a like for comedic value...lol.

Reactions: 3 people
Here is my question. How the hell did Tennessee play at Lsu on Monday night after one of the most devastating hurricanes of all time?

Katrina was in the last weekend in August, and our game was in the last weekend in September. We were playing right after Hurricane Rita, not Hurricane Katrina.

The SEC commissioner stepped in at UT's behest and made LSU move the game to Monday night. LSU was insistent that the game be played on Saturday (or Sunday), after having to move the location of their first game and reschedule the second game, claiming the logistics of moving the date of yet another home game was going to be too difficult.

UT was honestly (on record) at the point that they were about ready to just forfeit the game were it not rescheduled (with the athletic department saying it would be unfair and unsafe to our student-athletes to make them travel there in the upcoming unsafe conditions) before Slive and the SEC offices stepped in (again, at UT's asking) and ordered the date to be rescheduled.

What other college or pro football games were flat cancelled in the states of Florida and north/South Carolina this past weekend?

From SEC COUNTRY...more food for thought...mods can merge if they choose or delete if it's already been posted. As I've stated in other discussions, there's plenty of blame to go around and Sankey looks like the emperor without clothes.

If you do not know the conditions of the roads and airports, it does not matter the size of team travelling, so the fact the volleyball and soccer team does not add up to size of football team is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
From SEC COUNTRY...more food for thought...mods can merge if they choose or delete if it's already been posted. As I've stated in other discussions, there's plenty of blame to go around and Sankey looks like the emperor without clothes.

Just saying, Gainesville and St. Augustine is over an hour and half away. That's big in hurricane country. You guys act like you were on the coast. You were close, but don't compare yourself to st. Augustine.

Why should LSU give up a home game when Florida decided not to play on a partly cloudy day?

There is no incentive for Florida to even play LSU in Gainesville on November 18th anyway.

1. They would be losing the revenue from at least one game and have to buyout their opponent for that date.
2. Why would they want to play LSU, their plan work perfectly... why risk losing at that point?

It is unlikely that there will be a game and it doesn't matter what date LSU gives and where. The only incentive I can see Florida wanting to play the game is if they can't file an insurance claim for this last weekend.

There is no incentive for Florida to even play LSU in Gainesville on November 18th anyway.

1. They would be losing the revenue from at least one game and have to buyout their opponent for that date.
2. Why would they want to play LSU, their plan work perfectly... why risk losing at that point?

It is unlikely that there will be a game and it doesn't matter what date LSU gives and where. The only incentive I can see Florida wanting to play the game is if they can't file an insurance claim for this last weekend.

Hearing that Foley has offered to play Kentucky again...

Attachments

• gator_pepe.png
    gator_pepe.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 194

I agree with all of this and once again I do not think this is LSU's fault. I do not think the game will be played. Therefore the only question in my mind is when "Gutless Sankey" decides to only count divisional games to determine the division winners for this year. That is the only ? I have at this point. The game isn't getting played and I don't blame LSU for not giving up a home game. JMO

I agree with all of this and once again I do not think this is LSU's fault. I do not think the game will be played. Therefore the only question in my mind is when "Gutless Sankey" decides to only count divisional games to determine the division winners for this year. That is the only ? I have at this point. The game isn't getting played and I don't blame LSU for not giving up a home game. JMO

I don't take it personal if someone blames LSU, I really don't... I said even last week just hang the forfeit on LSU and let them move on. With that said, I have asked a few posters to explain how LSU could have handled it differently and the answers were kind of bizarre.

I agree, it was a bush league thing to do but strategy wise if you have limited morals it was brilliant, and yes this one is on Stinkey.

LSU could agree to play on 11/18 in Chickenville and also agree that each LSU player will drink a six pack of beer before the game, and I still see no reason for Florida to take the chance and play the game unless they already out of the running in the East. The plan went perfectly and Stinkey fell into the trap.

Can you do the Fact/Fiction thing on why the game was not scheduled on the following Monday?

In the situation at hand, wherein a scheduled game between two conference member teams has been canceled, if the parties are unable to reach arrangement to reschedule the game such that it may be completed within the time frame allowed for the regular season, then the two schools' should announce their forfeiture. Both schools' team records should reflect the game not played as a conference game loss. This should impact their qualification for participation in post-season contests.

Who cares? You both can play the blame game. Just freaking play and stop pussing out.

Tl,dnr

I don't care if there's anything factual in the post, I just love bashing the gators.

fact
/fakt/
noun
a thing that is indisputably the case.

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

bi·as
/ˈbīəs/
noun
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

VN Store

Back