Face it, we still don't know if we are good or bad.

We have a 5 star quarterback sitting on the bench and our brain dead coach is too stupid to play him!

I have to assume that Bailey chose a place his skills didn’t fit. Even though most people are skeptical about our current and previous coaching staffs, they have both passed on Bailey.

Reactions: TnVolz
Guess you didn't watch the game.
Yes, I watched the game. Bailey saw the field for two series and threw a beautiful deep pass that was on the money, but it was dropped. He has the arm that we need in the game. The other two quarterbacks certainly doesn’t.

I have to assume that Bailey chose a place his skills didn’t fit. Even though most people are skeptical about our current and previous coaching staffs, they have both passed on Bailey.
I can’t hold last year against Bailey. He got little to no reps in practice due to the Covid restrictions. He didn’t get a normal opportunity to prove himself. But he did look better than JG when he finally got a chance.

We will see merciless brutality inflicted upon the gentlemen in orange this season.

We have half of our win total for the season I fear.

Frankly given what I've seen on the field so far this season from us and our opponents I see one more solid win in that column. The rest are decided losses with 2 of those being 65/35 we lose. Unless I miss my guess, we'll underdogs for every game from here on out except for Vandy.

Reactions: tbones0711
I can’t hold last year against Bailey. He got little to no reps in practice due to the Covid restrictions. He didn’t get a normal opportunity to prove himself. But he did look better than JG when he finally got a chance.

I’ll give you that. But honestly, it doesn’t matter. Because even he doesn’t do anything to actually make us significantly more competitive. Need guys to block and actually catch the ball as well

I won't say he's not any good. He's just not the savior many here think he is.
Pruitt also probably stunt his growth as a QB as well.
Pruitt and Fulmer really really hurt this program

I think you are right. I was listening to the volquest podcast and Austin Price said the worst thing that could have happened to Bailey was he got his fifth star late in the process. That added extra pressure. And I agree. I also agree with you. I mean Pruitt and Weinke? He literally took a step down in coaching from his HS team imo. Who knows what will happen?

I would love nothing more than Bailey to somehow flip the switch and start lighting it up.

Milton has had several great passes dropped as well. We don’t have a good QB on the roster.
I think we have some suspect WR also.

It funny how Bailey had an over throw down the field and threw the ball over the guys head on the side line and yet he doesn't get called on it here but the other guys do.
If Hooker can just stop spinning, take what he gets and go down/OB. I think he's serviceable and at least give us time to get Jackson ready if he's the next up

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.

If you dont know by end of week 3 its not good. Just fyi. Thats common sense

Frankly given what I've seen on the field so far this season from us and our opponents I see one more solid win in that column. The rest are decided losses with 2 of those being 65/35 we lose. Unless I miss my guess, we'll underdogs for every game from here on out except for Vandy.

We will be favored against Vandy, SA and SC. SC is in Neyland.

I think we have some suspect WR also.

It funny how Bailey had an over throw down the field and threw the ball over the guys head on the side line and yet he doesn't get called on it here but the other guys do.
If Hooker can just stop spinning, take what he gets and go down/OB. I think he's serviceable and at least give us time to get Jackson ready if he's the next up

Yes!! Stop the spinning!!

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
I think you are right. I was listening to the volquest podcast and Austin Price said the worst thing that could have happened to Bailey was he got his fifth star late in the process. That added extra pressure. And I agree. I also agree with you. I mean Pruitt and Weinke? He literally took a step down in coaching from his HS team imo. Who knows what will happen?

I would love nothing more than Bailey to somehow flip the switch and start lighting it up.
Agreed. He's got a pretty ball and it's still not too late for him to turn that light but yeah last year really hurt him. and it shows and why he's QB3...
I want all our guys to perform at QB I mean you can see the potential in all 3 but right now. I think we just need to continue growing as a team and hopeful recruit good in the off season and I think we need to hit that JUCO and D1 transfers hard need to bring in more players with playing experience and ready to go.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It doesn’t help we’ve lost half our OL in the first three games. I’m still hopeful that Hooker will learn to protect the ball. I think he has more upside than the rest. We’re just so overdue for a QB to really have the light to come on.
CJH needs to really beat it into Hookers head this week. NO SPIN moves...if he does it in practice make him do some burpees or something but he needs to take what he gets. I don't mind his fighting for the first with a forward push but no more spinning...

Reactions: Vol737
We are just not very good. Florida is much better and did very well in the transfer portal - they should win the East.

Georgia will go into melt down if they lose to Florida and don’t make the SECCG…so at least one good thing would come out of the Gators running the table

Reactions: Jaws
On course for a 6-6 season, 7-5 tops which is about what was expected by most.

Wins: BG, TTU, Vandy, S Alabama, South Carolina

Losses: Pitt, Florida, Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss

Kentucky and Missouri determine whether we go bowling or not.

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.
We know that we are not a good team.The question is how bad are we will be. We will likely finish about 2-6 against Sec competition give or take a game.

We will be favored against Vandy, SA and SC. SC is in Neyland.
Vandy may have figured something out, they're hanging with Stanford and won last week. SC looks rough. Very possible there could only be 3 or 4 wins this year with a very difficult schedule. Need to take an Arkansas-like improvement in Heupel year 2.

At least whenever we lose to the good SEC teams now it will be something like 49-31 instead of the regular throttling we get. Somehow whenever you score 30+ points it looks better.

We are neither good nor bad. Most reasonable people had us winning between 5 and 7 regular season games. That’s still the likely range of performance.

VN Store

Back