Expect another Dooley....

Tennessee football is dead and buried at this point I mean it already was but yesterday just confirmed it. They will end up hiring some google coach you have never heard of like John Macintosh or Kevin Malone from the NAIA or a division 3 Poly Tech school. Tennessee would be better served to just leave the SEC or shut the program down at this point to avoid anymore future embarrassment.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
Do you think our leadership would step up to the mic and cameras to announce Hugh Freeze as our next coach after the presser yesterday? No way they're going to be doing that. Impossible.
No they won’t even though they should. It will be another bargain bin dollar general coach you have never heard of.

My list is as followed and all would take the job
1. Obrien
2. Kiffin
3. Chadwell
4. Marrone
The more I step back from a dream state and consider who is the most realistic, solid hire this time around, I see Obrien being the most likely choice. UT might...might...take a shot with Chadwell knowing they can get him cheap plus they've got Steele and maybe Garner on board who can guide him. Not sure I'm wild about the influence those two would bring, but it's possible. Obrien is strong enough that he'd be able to keep those guys in check. Obrien, Steel and Garner sounds like the way this thing will start. Likely to keep Graham, too. Tee can move on. No interest.

We just need a really strong leader right now. Not somebody that doesnt have a clue what they're doing. I feel like experience is what is needed more than anything right now.

My list is as followed and all would take the job
1. Obrien
2. Kiffin
3. Chadwell
4. Marrone

1. Does O'Brien really want back in the college game? Set to become Bama's OC, but nothing finalized yet.
2. Do we really want him back and watch him do the same thing he did to us to Ole Miss? He's a great coach, but do we want that, especially with the climate he left us with the first time? Fool me twice?
3. Not saying Chadwell couldn't win or wouldn't win, but if you are him, do you want to come to an almost impossible situation with how things are currently? My guess is he waits for something else and doesn't get burned by UT.
4. Same thing as O'Brien, does Marrone really want back in college?

I don't know who the possible choice is, but we have sure let someone run us into the ground even further, making this job even less attractive, even with our tradition and facilities.

1. Does O'Brien really want back in the college game? Set to become Bama's OC, but nothing finalized yet.
2. Do we really want him back and watch him do the same thing he did to us to Ole Miss? He's a great coach, but do we want that, especially with the climate he left us with the first time? Fool me twice?
3. Not saying Chadwell couldn't win or wouldn't win, but if you are him, do you want to come to an almost impossible situation with how things are currently? My guess is he waits for something else and doesn't get burned by UT.
4. Same thing as O'Brien, does Marrone really want back in college?

I don't know who the possible choice is, but we have sure let someone run us into the ground even further, making this job even less attractive, even with our tradition and facilities.
1. Bill is flirting with Bama to become OC so I assume he would take the head job if offered, he's a guy who likes control
2. Kiffin is a roll of the dice sure but he'd win big here
3. I think Chadwell wants the job and I think all of the risk is on the UT side, you would have to give him an incentive based contract
4. Marrone is flirting with becoming the OL coach at Bama, so yeah I'd say so

The more I step back from a dream state and consider who is the most realistic, solid hire this time around, I see Obrien being the most likely choice. UT might...might...take a shot with Chadwell knowing they can get him cheap plus they've got Steele and maybe Garner on board who can guide him. Not sure I'm wild about the influence those two would bring, but it's possible. Obrien is strong enough that he'd be able to keep those guys in check. Obrien, Steel and Garner sounds like the way this thing will start. Likely to keep Graham, too. Tee can move on. No interest.
Yeah, I'm firmly in the Obrien camp

Freeze and Chadwell wont be considered because of their past problems with the NCAA.
We'll just see about that.

Chadwell is going to be a hot pick next off-season after he leads Coastal to a Big 6 Bowl game.

Freeze will be right there too.

Mullen might finally leave and then Florida will not hesitate.

Well, if it’s Kiffen, better hide the cheer leaders.

Go VOLS

We'll just see about that.

Chadwell is going to be a hot pick next off-season after he leads Coastal to a Big 6 Bowl game.

Freeze will be right there too.

Mullen might finally leave and then Florida will not hesitate.
The UT Chancellor and President yesterday talked about hiring people with integrity and that would seem to shut out Freeze and Chadwell.

Reactions: OldLofter
Tennessee football is dead and buried at this point I mean it already was but yesterday just confirmed it. They will end up hiring some google coach you have never heard of like John Macintosh or Kevin Malone from the NAIA or a division 3 Poly Tech school. Tennessee would be better served to just leave the SEC or shut the program down at this point to avoid anymore future embarrassment.
I agree. All yesterday was picking out the appropriate tombstone.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
I haven't seen anything from the powers to be in Knoxville that makes me think otherwise. I'm expecting a Sunbelt coach or a coordinator with no HC experience for about 2.5 million a year. Going to find that diamond in the rough.
in full expectation.

I expect us to have Steele for a HC for a while. I am not sure we will be playing football this year. The NCAA will bury us. If we don't get the death penalty it will be a miracle. Our luck is not good enough to get away with a slap on the wrist. When you get on national TV and confess, the NCAA will make an example out of you.

Upset probably that UT is going to get harsh punishment over their numerous serious recruiting violations. This may rank right up there with Ole Miss and Billy Brewer in the 1990s.
I would hope that UT would have the cahones to fight that outcome considering what has happened at LSU basketball, North Carolina, and many other places with little to no penalties.

Reactions: Border Vol
I expect us to have Steele for a HC for a while. I am not sure we will be playing football this year. The NCAA will bury us. If we don't get the death penalty it will be a miracle. Our luck is not good enough to get away with a slap on the wrist. When you get on national TV and confess, the NCAA will make an example out of you.
Step away from the ledge and take a deep breath

Reactions: savannahfan
No they won’t even though they should. It will be another bargain bin dollar general coach you have never heard of.
If you watched the presser, she said more than once "We will hire a AD and Coach with integrity." That eliminates Freeze with his history. I still can't believe we confessed on national TV. SMDH Just keep your mouth shut. The money we save by not paying all of Pruitt's buy out will be a drop in the bucket compared to what this cluster ends up costing us. We just became a basketball school.

Step away from the ledge and take a deep breath
Remember I said it. There is no way the NCAA looks the other way. They have no choice but drop the hammer on us. If they don't they would never be able to enforce the rules or penalties on anyone else.

I can't see huge loser Steele coaching beyond this season. He's the very definition of interim head football coach.

Me either. But, IF we play this year, he will probably be coaching here. I just hope they don't hire T as the HC. I would stop watching football if that happens. He sucked at USC. I wish I wasn't in this funky mood but, I don't see this ending well.

VN Store

Back