Excited about the win

Knox Town Vol, you may think you can express opinions on this topic based on a general understanding of how this works but there are several experts on this site who know much more than you and will not allow statements on topics, although highly subjective, that are in opposition to their own.

So no team with less than 20 wins has made the tourney? Pretty sure there are quite a few examples, pretty much every season actually, and that’s not an opinion.

Yea, I am always surprised by some opinions during tournament time. I have gone through every conference, and there are roughly 73-74 teams that could be tournament worthy, and I was very conservative. I took 11 from the Big Ten, 5 from ACC (1 of NC State or Syracuse but not locks), 5 from Big 12 (1 of OU and Texas but not locks), 6 from Big East, 5 from Pac 12 (1 of ASU and USC but not locks), 3 from A10, 3 from American, 3 from WCC. I even took 2 from the Southern because those numbers are decent, and I took 2 from Mountain West. Everyone else is a 1 bid league.

I believe I took 6 from the SEC in this scenario. This breaks down the last few teams and how winning just 3 more games can definitely put us in the conversation.

Most making these statement have no idea what the bubble looks like and it’s obvious, when 14-13(7-9) Purdue is projected in the field it’s foolish to think you gotta win 20 to get in.

Most making these statement have no idea what the bubble looks like and it’s obvious, when 14-13(7-9) Purdue is projected in the field it’s foolish to think you gotta win 20 to get in.
Purdue has played double the Q1 games we have and had triple the Q1 wins. And it’s still highly improbable they’ll be on the bubble at the end of the year. I haven’t seen anyone say 20 wins is required, but with how we have played so far, we’ll need 20 after the SEC tourney to not have to sweat out selection Sunday.

Purdue has played double the Q1 games we have and had triple the Q1 wins. And it’s still highly improbable they’ll be on the bubble at the end of the year. I haven’t seen anyone say 20 wins is required, but with how we have played so far, we’ll need 20 after the SEC tourney to not have to sweat out selection Sunday.

They are a Q1&2 combined 7-11 with 4 games remaining, Tennessee is 6-13 with 5 games remaining...we will have nearly identical total Q1 & Q2 games by seasons end.

So no team with less than 20 wins has made the tourney? Pretty sure there are quite a few examples, pretty much every season actually, and that’s not an opinion.
Pretty sure no one ever said no team with less than 20 wins has made the tourney. Maybe you can quote that post and show it to me. Or maybe you are putting words in people’s mouths again

Pretty sure no one ever said no team with less than 20 wins has made the tourney. Maybe you can quote that post and show it to me. Or maybe you are putting words in people’s mouths again

To be fair, he originally responded to a post that said 20 is our magic number. Our SOS will be pretty darn good, so it would compare well if other teams who won less than 20 and got in.

To be fair, he originally responded to a post that said 20 is our magic number. Our SOS will be pretty darn good, so it would compare well if other teams who won less than 20 and got in.
I get that but there is a big difference between someone saying they think we need 20 wins to make the tourney to bro saying no team with less than 20 wins can make the tournament.

I get that but there is a big difference between someone saying they think we need 20 wins to make the tourney to bro saying no team with less than 20 wins can make the tournament.

Yea, like I said, we are on the end where we could get in with less than 20 wins because of our schedule. If we had a weak schedule, I might agree.

BTO was just saying that plenty of teams with less than 20 wins has gotten in. In this case, the argument is kind of over semantics.

Funny thing is tonight’s game was the exact same game Kentucky has played with Vandy twice(other than the last minute debacle).

I’m calling it right now. We win at rupp. They played their absolute best game at our place and we still had a shot when we couldn’t make anything. We beat them at rupp

boom

Mother ****ers !!!

VN Store

Back