Exactly how lame is the NIT?

So lame it is played on a Tues. and very few on the board care to comment.

....and in a very ironic twist of fate, the Womens Elite 8 contests will pull higher ratings.

Absolutley no chance of that. I'll personally go from house to house and turn on vacationing people's tvs if I have to prevent that embarrassment!

It's very lame until you're in it...then you make the most of it.

:yes: It must really suck to be a Gator these days.

You aren't going to win many games if you shoot 8-21 from the free throw line.

this UF team gave up so many good leads this season that they might not recover. losing mentality is hard to overcome.

It's so lame you won't even be able to have the distinction as the only National Title winner to win the NIT the next year. I mean, if you lose in the NIT what was the point in even playing in it? I can understand losing in the NCAA, it's the big dance, but you could have turned the NIT down and no one would have cared.

this UF team gave up so many good leads this season that they might not recover. losing mentality is hard to overcome.

I agree they gave up a lot of leads. That's a function of lack of depth and lack of experience, two things that hopefully another 7 months will help with.

As to "losing mentality," I don't think that's the issue. They won three to get where they were and responded well to Donoovan's efforts to get them out of their "sense of entitlement" funk.

I have no illusions. This team doesn't have the talent of the 06-07 squad. But I do think they are going to be better next season than this and should make the tournament, maybe even make a little noise on the way.

It's so lame you won't even be able to have the distinction as the only National Title winner to win the NIT the next year. I mean, if you lose in the NIT what was the point in even playing in it? I can understand losing in the NCAA, it's the big dance, but you could have turned the NIT down and no one would have cared.

I wouldn't have.

I expect the Gators to really search the state of Tennessee for 'game breaker' b-ball players again.:)

VN Store

Back