Ex-Vol Watson wont renew tickets

U-T

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/ut/archiv...ent_ID=50616489

Ashame :bad:

KNOXVILLE — Former Tennessee fullback Curt Watson is peeved at his alma mater over its new policy on grandfathered season tickets and doesn't mind saying so.

''My intent is not to embarrass the university,'' said Watson, a three-time All-Southeastern Conference selection. ''I just think they're making a huge mistake. There's no way they can convince me what they're doing is right. They can justify it any way they want, but it's not right.

''The sad thing is that it's just about money. I hate to see longtime fans being dislodged from their seats.''

I hate to say it, but let 'em whine. What makes some folks so special that they don't have to donate, and yet others do?

I agree in that I don't think what the University is doing is that bad. These people are still getting a great deal for the type of seats that most of them have.

From the complaints I have heard form some people, it's just another reason for them to dog Hamilton, whom they already didn't like for some other reason.

My folks have bought the same seats, about 20 rows up the T section (60 up from the field?) for about 30 years. The cost has gone up astronomically over the years, but, being Vol fans they not only wanted to keep the tickets they also knew that if they ever gave them up they'd never get any again considering the demand for even the worst student seats.

Now, supposedly anybody who complains about a sudden $1000 "protection racket" fee is a whiner?!

Just because somebody who has something you don't is complaining doesn't mean that their complaints aren't legitimate. The virtue of being poor isn't that anybody who has more than you who complains is inferior. The virtue-so called- of being poor is not caring about about not having more things.

It's because they are no better than some of these other folks who have to pay that same donation yearly. It's not the fact that I am "poor" and saying the rich are whining.

VN Store

Back