EVIDENCE OF DELUSION

What about 5 straight loses to an unranked Alabama Team that had NEVER beaten us until she walked the sidelines. We should never ever be in position to loose by 1 point on our home court to an unranked team, we should be prepared. That is the problem she can't prepare a team, and sure can not make an adjustment during a game. The announcers say it best without being blunt. She is worse than awful and every question she answers in a post interview is "I don't know". That just about says it all. When you have one of the more athletic teams in the SEC and the country, year after year, that should tell you everything you need to know.
You know, you really should take the trouble to read what I typed and what I was responding to before you decide to respond. Your response is the answer to a question more like: "Why are you dissatisfied with Holly?"

Reactions: T.J.
You know, you really should take the trouble to read what I typed and what I was responding to before you decide to respond. Your response is the answer to a question more like: "Why are you dissatisfied with Holly?"

Yes and no. On one hand...yes, she lost games narrowly that could have gone either way. On the other hand, Tennessee has much more heralded talent compared to teams like Georgia, Arkansas, Missouri and Kentucky (the less said about Alabama, the better). Being "right there" with teams like these isn't exactly a ringing endorsement that they are on the right track. Like the previous poster said, none of these teams had any any business staying with Tennessee, so Holly's response...as if she's talking about teams like ND, UConn or Baylor...shows that she's completely oblivious and off the mark.

No matter how much you might dislike or love Holly's coaching you have to feel for her. After all the negative records and bad losses and the team's decline, Holly still believes she is the answer. She may be way past delusional.

“We’re right there, and I’m not going to give up on this basketball team.” HOLLY
RIGHT THERE? what are you talking about?

40 L's in 119 games - will be 41 of 120 after ND
30-24 SEC record 3+ years

EVIDENCE OF DELUSION

“I think Pat would be proud of us and how we fought,” Warlick said. “We’re in a tough situation today. I told the kids that what I’ve learned from Pat is in tough times, you lean on each other. I thought we did that today.
THE TEAM ONLY HAS EACH OTHER - THEY HAVE NO COACH TO LEAN ON
PAT WOULD HAVE BEEN APOPLECTIC - the performance was abysmal including effort. But much of it was due to incompetence in the coaching staff. Tough times? Pat personally went through a tough time at the end but her teams never had a "tough time" like this.

HER TEAM hasn’t been listening to all the negativity.
“I have confidence in them and confidence in my staff,” Warlick said. “All the noise that we’re hearing, those kids have blocked everything out, and they’re playing with a lot of heart. That’s all I can ask."
THE NEGATIVITY ISN'T AROUND THE TEAM - IT'S ALL AROUND HOLLY WARLICK
and "CONFIDENCE"? your confidence in them is immaterial - THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOU.

We just haven’t gotten it done,” Warlick stated. “We’re not supposed to beat Notre Dame (Thurs), but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to prepare and fight and put our kids in the best opportunity to win.
Like Missouri, Ky, UGA, Bama, and Arkansas? Is she saying she put the team in the 'best opportunity to win"? REALLY? That was her best?

TEAM RECORDS before this season
MISSOURI 8-2
KENTUCKY 55 - 11
UGA 51-16
BAMA 49 - 6
ARKANSAS 30 -3

Since HOLLY FOLLY took over we are 29 - 16 vs these 5
Lady Vols had a combined 26 losses over 30 plus years to these teams. Now we have 16 losses more with Holly Folly.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP. After reading these comments and recalling why I quit listening early in the Folly's HC career, I've come to the conclusion the stress has had a detrimental effect on her mind. I think she is actually delusional and needs some professional help.
View attachment 190632
IN MEMORIUM - LADY VOLS BASKETBALL
1972-2012
Now the WALKING DEAD
Holly is living in a "fools paradise". A state of deceptive happiness, based on illusions or delusions. This definition from Webster's New World Dictionary.

Reactions: T.J.
In fairness I believe Holly was saying that no one expects us to beat ND. And she's right. I don't think she was saying the LV don't have a chance. That being said....she is a complete and utter disaster and Is one of...if not THE worst coach in basketball. At any level. Absolutely clueless. What she has done to this once proud program is criminal. Everyone is laughing at the LV and in shock that the powers that be are still allowing her to coach this team. This is Tennessee for gawd sake. 8 national championships. A blueblood program like this still allowing that clueless clown to coach a program with this pedigree is shocking to the entire basketball world. A team oozing with all Americans being allowed to be coached by an obviously delusional and inept and clueless fool who has absolutely no idea what she is doing is an insult to not only a once legendary program...but to the game of basketball itself. This is nothing short of a tragedy.

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. :-( The idea of questioning that hire landed anyone in LV hell and brimstone back when it was happening. THAT cannot be laid at the feet of Holly Warlick. That is at the feet of our administration and power fans. Can you imagine Alabama at Saban's retirement, hiring an assistant w/o a single HC win under his belt. And not 1 single interview? Can you see Duke doing the same after K retires? Summitt built to that same elite level in this sport. It's one of the most unbelievable decisions that I have ever seen from an organization honestly.

Has that core problem been properly purged / corrected? Hmmmmmmm?

I mean I know it's football, but OU did it with Riley. FSU with Jimbo. OSU sort of did it with Day, though technically he was the interim HC while Meyer was suspended.

Now, obviously, those guys were up and coming coaches and not university lifers, but they were all named coach in waiting and didn't have HC experience before being handed the job.

Not dissing your rant at all, and not saying it's not all on Holly; but on this point what she's talking about is one loss by one, two by two, and one by four. A few more free throws, a couple more made layups, one more closeout on a shooter and we're 16-2. Obviously she says a lot of head-scratching stuff that deserves to be questioned, but it doesn't automatically deserve to be questioned just because it was her who said it.

Yes, but she also seems to conveniently ignore the early-season sloppiness that had her team down big to the likes of Stetson. A few wrong bounces and some of those wins could easily have been losses. Most of us saw the potential for a disaster right then...just not one of epic proportion.

IMO, the worst part of her statement, whether born of delusion, poor communication skills, or a failure to assume responsibility coupled with a tendency to shift blame, was saying that she won't "give up on this basketball team."

The real question Warlick should be asking is whether this basketball team has given up on her.

I mean I know it's football, but OU did it with Riley. FSU with Jimbo. OSU sort of did it with Day, though technically he was the interim HC while Meyer was suspended.

Now, obviously, those guys were up and coming coaches and not university lifers, but they were all named coach in waiting and didn't have HC experience before being handed the job.

Good examples. And yes, they went out and found the best they thought they could find. I like smooth transitions, but not to a wrong direction. One similar would be UNC after Smith retired. His assistant did OK, but they had to move on eventually.

End of this season will most likely be her end as well......It seems logical she will retire for an unknown reason, such as a phantom health issue, or some other made up excuse to let Phil save face, by not firing this train wreck of a coach....

In fairness I believe Holly was saying that no one expects us to beat ND. And she's right. I don't think she was saying the LV don't have a chance. That being said....she is a complete and utter disaster and Is one of...if not THE worst coach in basketball. At any level. Absolutely clueless. What she has done to this once proud program is criminal. Everyone is laughing at the LV and in shock that the powers that be are still allowing her to coach this team. This is Tennessee for gawd sake. 8 national championships. A blueblood program like this still allowing that clueless clown to coach a program with this pedigree is shocking to the entire basketball world. A team oozing with all Americans being allowed to be coached by an obviously delusional and inept and clueless fool who has absolutely no idea what she is doing is an insult to not only a once legendary program...but to the game of basketball itself. This is nothing short of a tragedy.
AMEN 1000 TIMES - except for the first 3 sentences. Fairness to Holly is beyond my ability to forgive at the moment. When she resigns in disgrace I will be amenable to fairness. As you say what she is doing is CRIMINAL

Not dissing your rant at all, and not saying it's not all on Holly; but on this point what she's talking about is one loss by one, two by two, and one by four. A few more free throws, a couple more made layups, one more closeout on a shooter and we're 16-2. Obviously she says a lot of head-scratching stuff that deserves to be questioned, but it doesn't automatically deserve to be questioned just because it was her who said it.
OH PLEASE: Yes, at this point "who said it" is of primary importance. Her first presser was filled with stunning statements of ineptitude. Many fans excused her for an 'inability to communicate under pressure'.
But isn't that a primary need in a Head Coach of any program? Isn't clear communication a serious requirement.
If anyone had interviewed her (as UNC did), they would run from the idea of hiring her *as UNC did.
I have no idea what her I.Q might be - maybe she's like Peter Sellers in BEING THERE. i seriously wonder about her mental capacity.
Evidently, nobody in the AD's office bothered to interview her. Did they take the word of a very ill Pat maybe? Maybe Holly told them it was Pat's desire?
I have a hard time believing it was. Maybe Pat hoped she would be replaced by Tyler.
But there is no doubt of Nikki Caldwell's intelligence, but now I have to question everything about Holly.
If she's sick - mentally incapacitated - or simply slow, she needs help - not a head coaching job.

Last edited:
I couldnt remeber the exact timing...was Holly a Currie hire or Hamilton? Not that it really matters which nimrod is responsible though....

OH PLEASE: Yes, at this point "who said it" is of primary importance. Her first presser was filled with stunning statements of ineptitude. Many fans excused her for an 'inability to communicate under pressure'.
But isn't that a primary need in a Head Coach of any program? Isn't clear communication a serious requirement.
If anyone had interviewed her (as UNC did), they would run from the idea of hiring her *as UNC did.
I have no idea what her I.Q might be - maybe she's like Peter Sellers in BEING THERE. i seriously wonder about her mental capacity.
Evidently, nobody in the AD's office bothered to interview her. Did they take the word of a very ill Pat maybe? Maybe Holly told them it was Pat's desire?
I have a hard time believing it was. Maybe Pat hoped she would be replaced by Tyler.
But there is no doubt of Nikki Caldwell's intelligence, but now I have to question everything about Holly.
If she's sick - mentally incapacitated - or simply slow, she needs help - not a head coaching job.

I think Tyler was being groomed as a possible coach for the LV's. However, sad to say, he self destructed.

Reactions: T.J. and aurabass
“We’re right there, and I’m not going to give up on this basketball team.” HOLLY
RIGHT THERE? what are you talking about?

40 L's in 119 games - will be 41 of 120 after ND
30-24 SEC record 3+ years

EVIDENCE OF DELUSION

“I think Pat would be proud of us and how we fought,” Warlick said. “We’re in a tough situation today. I told the kids that what I’ve learned from Pat is in tough times, you lean on each other. I thought we did that today.
THE TEAM ONLY HAS EACH OTHER - THEY HAVE NO COACH TO LEAN ON
PAT WOULD HAVE BEEN APOPLECTIC - the performance was abysmal including effort. But much of it was due to incompetence in the coaching staff. Tough times? Pat personally went through a tough time at the end but her teams never had a "tough time" like this.

HER TEAM hasn’t been listening to all the negativity.
“I have confidence in them and confidence in my staff,” Warlick said. “All the noise that we’re hearing, those kids have blocked everything out, and they’re playing with a lot of heart. That’s all I can ask."
THE NEGATIVITY ISN'T AROUND THE TEAM - IT'S ALL AROUND HOLLY WARLICK
and "CONFIDENCE"? your confidence in them is immaterial - THEY HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOU.

We just haven’t gotten it done,” Warlick stated. “We’re not supposed to beat Notre Dame (Thurs), but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to prepare and fight and put our kids in the best opportunity to win.
Like Missouri, Ky, UGA, Bama, and Arkansas? Is she saying she put the team in the 'best opportunity to win"? REALLY? That was her best?

TEAM RECORDS before this season
MISSOURI 8-2
KENTUCKY 55 - 11
UGA 51-16
BAMA 49 - 6
ARKANSAS 30 -3

Since HOLLY FOLLY took over we are 29 - 16 vs these 5
Lady Vols had a combined 26 losses over 30 plus years to these teams. Now we have 16 losses more with Holly Folly.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP. After reading these comments and recalling why I quit listening early in the Folly's HC career, I've come to the conclusion the stress has had a detrimental effect on her mind. I think she is actually delusional and needs some professional help.
View attachment 190632
IN MEMORIUM - LADY VOLS BASKETBALL
1972-2012
Now the WALKING DEAD
Yep I'm with you. Holly is delusional. Will not take responsibility for the state of the team.

A good read and we'll stated. Thanks!

And your rant in no way shows that every statement is automatically wrong simply because Holly said it. Which is what I said.

What about 5 straight loses to an unranked Alabama Team that had NEVER beaten us until she walked the sidelines. We should never ever be in position to loose by 1 point on our home court to an unranked team, we should be prepared. That is the problem she can't prepare a team, and sure can not make an adjustment during a game. The announcers say it best without being blunt. She is worse than awful and every question she answers in a post interview is "I don't know". That just about says it all. When you have one of the more athletic teams in the SEC and the country, year after year, that should tell you everything you need to know.
So Muffet's lousy? Just lost to UNRANKED North Carolina. Despite the fact that the women's game has an excessive number of blowouts, there are still close games played by teams who, by all acounts, shouldn't be in the game. UCONN would have a few more of those if they played in the SEC or ACC. The other thing that some of you don't seem to get is that we're very very young. 6 McDonald's All-Americans in the women's game isn't the same as 6 in the men's game. 27 of the top 50 scorers in the country are seniors, and 16 are juniors. That's 43 of 50. 19 of the top 50 in assists are seniors, and 21 are juniors. That's 40 of 50. 22 of the top 50 rebounders are seniors, 20 are juniors. That's 42 of 50. When our main players are all sophomores and freshmen, it would actually be very unusual for this to be the year we compete for anything. The next two years are when we really see.

So Muffet's lousy? Just lost to UNRANKED North Carolina. Despite the fact that the women's game has an excessive number of blowouts, there are still close games played by teams who, by all acounts, shouldn't be in the game. UCONN would have a few more of those if they played in the SEC or ACC. The other thing that some of you don't seem to get is that we're very very young. 6 McDonald's All-Americans in the women's game isn't the same as 6 in the men's game. 27 of the top 50 scorers in the country are seniors, and 16 are juniors. That's 43 of 50. 19 of the top 50 in assists are seniors, and 21 are juniors. That's 40 of 50. 22 of the top 50 rebounders are seniors, 20 are juniors. That's 42 of 50. When our main players are all sophomores and freshmen, it would actually be very unusual for this to be the year we compete for anything. The next two years are when we really see.

not the same as in the men's game? that's a pi$$ poor excuse...besides, I thought that there is no difference between men and women....at least that's what the snowflakes & women's lib faction says

Reactions: feathersax
Holly’s had several teams filled with upperclassmen in the past that severely underperformed. She didn’t just learn how not to coach this year. She’s known that all along.

VN Store

Back