Everything Josh Heupel said Wednesday on SEC Coaches Teleconference (9/15/21)

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
If that turns out to be the case, I'm curious to see if they dial up any deep plays for him. See if he is capable of stretching the field some.
Lord help us if he can't, it's Tennessee Tech. They're currently 6th in the OVC, and have given up 846 yards of offense in their first two games against Samford and Furman.

GTBATV

Lord help us if he can't, it's Tennessee Tech. They're currently 6th in the OVC, and have given up 846 yards of offense in their first two games against Samford and Furman.
I'm not worried about Hooker running up yards or points. Just want to know if he is able to open up more of the playbook. See what his arm is beyond 15-20 yards.

VolBricks

No Fly Zone
I'm not worried about Hooker running up yards or points. Just want to know if he is able to open up more of the playbook. See what his arm is beyond 15-20 yards.
So is it better to have a QB (Hooker) that is more shifty and can get you yards running the RPO but maybe not hit the long passes. Or is it better to have a Qb (Milton) who is not as shifty running the ball and will definitely miss the deep passes?

jarnol32

To be the man you gotta beat the man.
If that turns out to be the case, I'm curious to see if they dial up any deep plays for him. See if he is capable of stretching the field some.
They didn’t believe he could throw outside the hash marks other than a bubble screen last week..

See I’m worried about the other side of the equation.

If Milton goes out and lights it up he’ll cement himself in the position no matter his play. Which begs the question: Will Hooker only play if Milton can’t?

OldVolMan

Not Well Known Member
So is it better to have a QB (Hooker) that is more shifty and can get you yards running the RPO but maybe not hit the long passes. Or is it better to have a Qb (Milton) who is not as shifty running the ball and will definitely miss the deep passes?
looks like that is where we are at, but in today’s college football you must to have a QB that does both

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
See I’m worried about the other side of the equation.

If Milton goes out and lights it up he’ll cement himself in the position no matter his play. Which begs the question: Will Hooker only play if Milton can’t?
Shouldn't that be expected though? If Milton doesn't light it up, it's not going to be because of Tech's play, it will be because he's still overthrowing wide open receivers. If he's hitting actually them, then that would indicate, at least to some degree, an improvement over the last two weeks, when he was overthrowing against BG just as bad as he was Pitt.

VN Store

Sponsors