Everyone who vowed to quit.

The product was bad , worse than any time in history, they lost a home opener to GA ST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, lost to BYU at home, got embarrassed by FL and GA, clobbered again by AL , so don't be so high and mighty Mr. UT, I bet you rooted for Dereck Doolittle and BUTCH

I doubt your accusation is true... he obviously stood with the team all year, yes, even after the early bad losses.... the players proved they did not quit, even though I bet they were very disappointed after the start, they did not attack other players or coaches, they did not miss tackles, drop passes, refuse to go in the game, or any other equivalent to many of the low class expressions of lack of support, that fans with more guts, players and family, and especially prospects and their support folks, who most certainly have reasonable cause to gauge fan bases by visiting all the boards out there for all the schools they are considering had to wade through..... dismiss this if wish, but I know I would be checking out all the free boards I could find.... bad form to take shots, bad form to justify such actions, and even worse to LIKE said posts where the head count of this group of fans is more easily quantified, even if it is HOPEFULLY a distortion of the character and resolve of the overall fan base.

I did not check out his profile, but I bet if you do you will not find posts that cross the line he and others have drawn and within their rights as fans to do so. Bottom line this is not a board solely for the purpose of evaluating coaches, but as a FAN board we need to support the kids as the highest priority. You want to impact the staff, send some communications to the AD, tie it to your contributions if you like, but don't amplify the issues they have to deal with to win the next game...

The guy with the Washington state logo, flat out said he was done with the Vols after UTC. I remember his post. He may not have meant it but a few have said they were done etc. That's fine most of the time they are just blowing off steam. But no matter how bad a year or years go, I will never say I am done with the Vols. I am VFL, period. GBO!!!!!
I went back through my posts and couldn't find any that said I was done before or after UTC...by the way, UTC was the only win we had at that time...so not sure why I would have quit then.

Reactions: volinbham
The haters refused to settle for crap. They helped motivate Pruitt and company, you should thank them.

So out of a sense of equality and fair play I suppose you would support that folks that believe you are wrong should be able to take cheap shots at you parents or guardians for their failure to train you to meet expectations of class required to be a VOL fan as established by each fan. After all this is just a fan board and that is what we do (or some other paraphrased justification). Maybe your old or current influences could motivate you to be a better fan and you could thank us for refusing to settle and help you to go undefeated in the game of life. Just post the note of thanks on this board.... Only seems fair...

Anyone who was still convinced that Pruitt was the guy after the Georgia State and BYU loses were a little delusional because they had no facts to back them up just like those who still are saying Pruitt is the worst coach ever are delusional and ignoring the improvement this season.

Reactions: Alto1
Anyone who was still convinced that Pruitt was the guy after the Georgia State and BYU loses were a little delusional because they had no facts to back them up just like those who still are saying Pruitt is the worst coach ever are delusional and ignoring the improvement this season.

Exactly!

That is all.....

So out of a sense of equality and fair play I suppose you would support that folks that believe you are wrong should be able to take cheap shots at you parents or guardians for their failure to train you to meet expectations of class required to be a VOL fan as established by each fan. After all this is just a fan board and that is what we do (or some other paraphrased justification). Maybe your old or current influences could motivate you to be a better fan and you could thank us for refusing to settle and help you to go undefeated in the game of life. Just post the note of thanks on this board.... Only seems fair...
Butch? Lyle? That you? The Champions of Life garbage has run its course thankfully...making us the laughing stock of NCAA football

Butch? Lyle? That you? The Champions of Life garbage has run its course thankfully...making us the laughing stock of NCAA football

Ha ha ha. Wow how funny. You may not value character and integrity but I think the majority of hard core Vol fans do. Nobody calls for sugar coating shortcomings. But discretion in methods should be standard issue.

Ha ha ha. Wow how funny. You may not value character and integrity but I think the majority of hard core Vol fans do. Nobody calls for sugar coating shortcomings. But discretion in methods should be standard issue.
I value wins and excellence on the field. I value going into EVERY game knowing we have a real shot. I do not value moral victories, excuses, or not qualifying for bowl games.

I value wins and excellence on the field. I value going into EVERY game knowing we have a real shot. I do not value moral victories, excuses, or not qualifying for bowl games.

What does that have to do with how one addresses issues with staff or squad in a public forum? Way too many concepts and expressions you would expect in a Jr High hallway. How do you justify putting that in front of recruits and their support folks? Mom may not see that in other teams boards.

It's a message board. Recruits may or may not look at this board, but their decision on where to play is based on one of 2 things:
1) if NFL bound, which school/opportunity gets me there fastest.
2) if not NFL bound, which school/opportunity gives me the best chance to play soonest and possibly become NFL bound.

This.

Baseless Orange tinted optimism: 1

History based prediction of the future: 572,483,201

It's a message board. Recruits may or may not look at this board, but their decision on where to play is based on one of 2 things:
1) if NFL bound, which school/opportunity gets me there fastest.
2) if not NFL bound, which school/opportunity gives me the best chance to play soonest and possibly become NFL bound.

Then why do family members visit all the facilities and comment on academic support and staff members etc? You think they are not impacted by their experiences in the stands during games, especially boo birds and cat calls?

Have to believe LOTS of family members research everything they can.

The haters refused to settle for crap. They helped motivate Pruitt and company, you should thank them.
I'm sure Pruitt didn't get serious until he got on the message board and saw how mad nameless posters were. Then he took his job seriously.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
They have played much better in the second half of the season. I won’t be satisfied until the win column is two digits.

When we get good enough for that, we won't be satisfied with that either. It's human nature.

I went back through my posts and couldn't find any that said I was done before or after UTC...by the way, UTC was the only win we had at that time...so not sure why I would have quit then.
It was byu or sometime after we were 0-2 not utc, that was my mistake. Look I don't care one way or the other. I wouldn't make it up and single you out if I didn't remember it. The wash st logo is why I even remembered in the first place. You pretty much said you were done with them for now. I can't remember word for word, I should have saved it. I'm sure your a fan, my apologies for bringing it up without having the exact quote but you did say something to that effect. But it's over as far as I am concerned, many more have said similar things in the heat of the moment. GBO!

Lmao negativity helping a program...said no coach ever. Go ask Pruitt if he wants off-field distractions, grown manchildren tweeting at players from their parents' basement, hate mail, death threats to his qb, movements to "empty the stadium", etc. Smdh man

And "not settling" means what? Did you donate millions to hire a new coach or just complain from your keyboard and sow discontent? Way to stand up lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
I may not have been totally convinced at 0-2 but I wasn't one of them saying he was absolutely done either. Call me delusional if you want but I still thought that there was a good chance we would improve as the season went. Now I won't say I was sure we would get to a bowl at 0-2 for sure, I myself at that point was thinking 6 was going to be very tough even with some improvement. But after we beat South Carolina I was very confident. You could see us slowly improving in the Miss St game, actually I think we started in the Georgia game even though the final score did not reflect it. Then the bama game even in the loss you could see we were improving in a lot of areas. After we took care of UAB I was confident going into South Carolina and was able to go to that game, we totally whipped them in the 2nd half to win big. After that game I told my friend I thought we got a real shot at winning out now. GBO!

What is your new team moving forward, that was the thread were there was some saying they were done with UT. Sept 7th thread, my apologies to wsu guy he wasn't in that thread. There were a few saying Washington st was there new team but that was it. Most were fully behind UT, but justinvolfan was the most anti-UT vocal but there were others. You can go back and look back on the 7th under the new team moving forward thread. It was kinda silly no doubt, 11 pages of it. GBO!

VN Store

Back