Everyone Knew ND Didnt Belong

Or we could go back to the original BCS. 1 vs 2. It was uncomplicated
No it should be a 8 team field. #1 seed is likely undefeated. #2-#5 are conference champs and seeding based on conference record and such. Seeds 6-8 are at large bids. Likely scenario for these seeds would be conference runner ups or teams with great FPI or SOS...

I’d bet if Tennessee had Clemson players, coaches....everything, we would not be in the playoffs this year. We would have at least 1 if not 2 losses, maybe more.

As it stands, we aren’t even close to being Clemson level. I really don’t see Tenn in the playoffs anytime soon, or even in the next 10 years. It is what it is.

I’d bet if Tennessee had Clemson players, coaches....everything, we would not be in the playoffs this year. We would have at least 1 if not 2 losses, maybe more.

You are probably right given that Tennessee is still in the SEC and would have to play an SEC schedule.

You are probably right given that Tennessee is still in the SEC and would have to play an SEC schedule.

Not only that we are only one of two SEC teams that have to play UGA and Bama every year.

We have a long way to go.

I agree with ND not belonging but really wish the Georgia talk would stop. They lost 2 games. They didn’t win their conference. They had a few good wins but nothing close to a great one. In fact, they lost to the 2 best teams they played (one by a blowout). If they were one of the 4 best teams, they did a terrible job of showing it.
Georgia would destroy Clemson.

Didn't say anything about UGA, but if not Notre Dame you take a team with a 29 pt loss to Purdue? Late season 1 point win over Maryland. After Bama and Clemson, it's not easy picking the next two. But do I think UGA would beat OSU or Notre Dame? Yes.

At some point the committee need to decide what is the philosophy. The best 4 teams or the best 4 resumes.
Their hands were tied this year... they prolly knew uga was better than nd but if you just ignore the results of the season why even have a season?

Personally I would have hoped UCF took the last spot until their QB went down.

I think they would’ve lost but with better class than ND.

Notre dame has lost 8 straight Major bowl games. ( rose, sugar, orange cotton)...they have LOST 13 out of the last 18!! Bowl games before yesterdays loss...now 14 losses out of 19 bowls....

I will wait while we ponder that for a minute.

What does that tell you? That they are ALWAYS ALWAYS over rated. Always. I remember many times back in the 90s and early 00s.... ND could have 2 losses and always be ranked ahead of good, P5 schools with only 1 loss...
Lose 3 games and be in the top 10 or 15 in the polls. Back then, polls determined everything, including championships. Also controlled the bowl matchups...thats why ND got dirtnapped every stinkin year....

Crooked, homer catholics always voting their school way, way higher than they should ever be ranked. Its a sham, has always been a sham...and it has hurt UT before several times. I hate em...love it when they get beat and their bandwagon fans cry and switch to somebody else for a few years. Anybody who was honest knew that UGA and OSU were far better than ND this year, and they had no business being in the playoffs. They didnt evem come close to scoring a TD...against a Clemson defense that is good, but not great. A defense that gave up 35 points to south carolina, 23 to syracuse, 21 to Gtech....and they held ND to 3 points. What a joke...i wish ND would have drawn the Gumps or Sooners...either of them would have put half a hundred on ND....

Sadly, this dirtnap yesterday will change nothing...the catholics will vote them ranked top 10 or so preseason next year...they will play nobody all year long, since stanford and USCw are both down....they will still drop a game somewhere, and be in the discussion for a playoff spot again. Hopefully the playoff committee at least learned something....but I doubt it.

Except the anti SEC liberals. Clemson just showed the nation that. I am not surprised one bit. Expected the beat down. NO WAY that would have happened if Georgia had played Clemson. The committee didnt pick the four best teams.
UGA lost 2 games this season...One was a blowout...They didn't belong in the playoffs...Period

Except the anti SEC liberals. Clemson just showed the nation that. I am not surprised one bit. Expected the beat down. NO WAY that would have happened if Georgia had played Clemson. The committee didnt pick the four best teams.
Please explain SEC liberals because I don't understand. I'll agree that ND didn't belong there.

Everything that is wrong.......liberals are for. I guess that's your input. Sad that it's a really stupid comment. Hope you're not as stupid as the comment. But.......

Reactions: VolNExile
I mean you can go to the politics forum and see what my political beliefs are if you want. I’ll play spoiler for you, they’re not liberal. I just don’t understand the narrative that you’re trying to push. Anti-sec automatically equates to liberal? No offense, but that’s just dumber than hell.

ND was more in this game than in 2012 against Bama. Trouble is that some teams are going to struggle with matchups. As far as the score, the same stuff was happening when the BCS selected only 2 teams.

VN Store

Back