Eva Westbrook's comment on facebook

Dude, get a grip. There is no justification for such a punishing, "cut off your nose to spite your face" attitude. Yeah, let's teach Holly a real lesson by completel destroying the program beyond all repair. That will show her!

I mean show her what?

Holly is not doing any of this out of bad intent. I am sure she believes she can turn things around and wants as badly as anyone to return LV b-ball to the pantheon of the sport

She just does not realize that she is in over her head.

She tried her best and failed but the failure has really been a gradual decline. Her first 3 years were not bad but it has steadily slipping since.

That outcome is not cause for punitive measures or public shaming.

The right (and yeah, I am being very judgmental here) is to let Holly have a graceful exit in respect of her 30 plus years of loyal service and then start repairing the damage done as soon as possible.

I say it from the standpoint that this is baggage that whatever incoming coach should not have to deal with. You think any coach wants to come into a program where they know that the notoriety of breaking the most impressive streak in WCBB will go under their name?

If a new coach is to come in, give them a clean slate instead of having that anvil hanging over their head. Holly might as well finish the job of what she put in motion.

People worried about Westbrook possibly leaving.

If Holly is not the coach for next season, do those same people believe no other players will transfer?

If there are players that are so loyal to Holly that they would leave with her, then they probably aren't the right players for the program. It's better to find a way to keep the players that want to leave because they know that they are not reaching their potential if they stay under Holly.

If there are players that are so loyal to Holly that they would leave with her, then they probably aren't the right players for the program. It's better to find a way to keep the players that want to leave because they know that they are not reaching their potential if they stay under Holly.

Does that also mean that if Westbrook transfers out, that she is probably not the right player for the UT basketball team?

Does that also mean that if Westbrook transfers out, that she is probably not the right player for the UT basketball team?
If Evina is already contemplating a transfer, it's probably because she knows that she's wasting her time playing for a coach/in a program where she's not growing as a player. Maybe she's already made up her mind and it doesn't matter to her if Holly stays or goes, but no reasonable person would blame her if she's already decided to move on.

If Evina is already contemplating a transfer, it's probably because she knows that she's wasting her time playing for a coach/in a program where she's not growing as a player. Maybe she's already made up her mind and it doesn't matter to her if Holly stays or goes, but no reasonable person would blame her if she's already decided to move on.

Then no other player should be blamed if they decide to transfer because Holly is no longer their coach?

If they had ANY sense whatsoever... they'd ALL leave. Holly is doing ZERO for these girls besides giving them something to do between classes.

Several could possibly transfer, including Horston.

Could possibly be in store for a rebuilding year that would make this season look like a good year.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Several could possibly transfer, including Horston.

Could possibly be in store for a rebuilding year that would make this season look like a good year.
That wouldn't surprise me. My best case scenario is Holly isn't let go this season, Evina and Rennia wisen up and transfer at the end of the season (leaving along with Meme and Cheridene), Tennessee misses the NCAAT next season, Holly is let go at the end of next season, and the whichever new coach is hired can start from the ground up. If I'm lucky, then Tennessee loses the next two games and misses the tournament and Holly is let go this season, but the best chance was for them to lose to Auburn and Missouri and unfortunately they pulled those games out. Oh well, if not this year then next year. And yes, I'm actively rooting against the LVs this final week because that's the only way things will get better from here.

That's a stretch of your imagination. Evina and other players would leave because of Holly. Alexa Middleton & Tea Cooper who transfered are starters on Top 20 teams. The players that stayed are currently being coached out of the NCAA tournament. Holly has damaged The Lady Vols reputation & tradition beyond repair.
Te’a Cooper was dismissed/kicked out. She didn’t “transfer”

People worried about Westbrook possibly leaving.

If Holly is not the coach for next season, do those same people believe no other players will transfer?
I’ve been saying the same thing...if Holly goes this will probably be a drastically different looking team, hell from this response by Mrs. Westbrook, it’ll probably be drastically different either way it goes

I would love for Bridgette Gordon to take over, She is your no nonsense in your face type of coach and that `s what this team needs.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
That wouldn't surprise me. My best case scenario is Holly isn't let go this season, Evina and Rennia wisen up and transfer at the end of the season (leaving along with Meme and Cheridene), Tennessee misses the NCAAT next season, Holly is let go at the end of next season, and the whichever new coach is hired can start from the ground up. If I'm lucky, then Tennessee loses the next two games and misses the tournament and Holly is let go this season, but the best chance was for them to lose to Auburn and Missouri and unfortunately they pulled those games out. Oh well, if not this year then next year. And yes, I'm actively rooting against the LVs this final week because that's the only way things will get better from here.

At least you admit that you hope the Lady Vols LOSE!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
No fears! None of these kids are leaving! They came here yes to be a lady Vol but more because they knew they would not be pushed or challenged on a daily basis to get better! Holly told these kids in recruiting that I won't change you or your game! Our practices won't be hard or challenging because I don't know what I am doing! You will play early even if you are not good enough to play! No consequences for bad performance or bad attitude! They did not come to UT blind! This program has been in blowup mode for awhile! I am sure previous players told these kids you will have it made here! So no frets they chose the easy path! Besides athleticism none of these kids have what it takes to play for any of the proven Coaches in WBB!
Sad, sad, sad if your comments are true.

I say it from the standpoint that this is baggage that whatever incoming coach should not have to deal with. You think any coach wants to come into a program where they know that the notoriety of breaking the most impressive streak in WCBB will go under their name?

If a new coach is to come in, give them a clean slate instead of having that anvil hanging over their head. Holly might as well finish the job of what she put in motion.

Sorry, I just don't follow your reasoning. If the LVs miss the NCAAT under Holly, that would not be on the new incoming coach at all. I mean coaches are replaced all the time and in most cases, it is because the program is not doing well. That is the standard condition facing a new coach. Unlike the pro ranks, where a new coach can trade players and make new signings, a new college coach has to work with players who are on the roster or who have been recruited by the former coach. Any right minded coach, would rather work with a roster of McDonald's AA and teach them a new system than start from the ground up with, under your scenarios, a team of walk-ons.

Why you want Evina and Rennia (the teams best players) to transfer is hard to fathom except you want to extract some metaphoric pound of flesh because you ARE JUST SO ANGRY that Holly has been coach.

You are entitled to feel that way but don't couch it as somehow losing the teams players is an asset for a new coach.

Like I said, you have a very punitive attitude but what positive outcomes do you think would actually be accomplished if all this punishment comes to fruition?

Reactions: Nickid1975
And so do you by your unabashed support of Holly.

I am not an "unabashed" Holly supporter.

All I try to say in my posts regarding UT, is that all of the Holly Haters who want her immediately fired, are putting none of the blame on the players for the dismal season, and that there will definitely be CONSEQUENCES if Holly is fired. Some players are very likely to transfer.

Also, just because a new coach takes over a program, more often than not, it leads to just about the same results in the win/loss column as the previous coach, no matter the sport.

I wouldn't blame any player for leaving, but I particularly wouldn't blame Evina for wanting to leave. She was the surprise commit from that #1 class, coming all the way from Oregon to take a chance on an unproven coach and a program much needing of rebirth. She took a chance, and it hasn't really worked out. She should find a coach who can help her get even better, because she has the most pro potential of all these players.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Evina Westbrook has made some major improvements from her Fresh to Soph years. Her stats speak for themselves. There is no room for calling her out because she is a better player today than she was a year ago. We are actually seeing DEVELOPMENT from Evina. Scroll to the very bottom and it will show her season stats.
Evina Westbrook - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Evina Westbrook has made some major improvements from her Fresh to Soph years. Her stats speak for themselves. There is no room for calling her out because she is a better player today than she was a year ago. We are actually seeing DEVELOPMENT from Evina. Scroll to the very bottom and it will show her season stats.
Evina Westbrook - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Westbrook has played 40 Fewer minutes than Davis, but has 20 more Turnovers. She continues to lead the team with 85 Turnovers.

VN Store

Back