ETSU - two questions

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
So scrolling through the tv this morning and happen upon ESPN+ and they are in a holding pattern for the ETSU football game and it precipitated (see what I did there) two questions:

For schools like ETSU that are playing a spring schedule, will they also plan on playing a fall schedule this year as well?

Has UT ever played ETSU in football and do you think it would be beneficial to have a regular series?

Reactions: coachjp6
So scrolling through the tv this morning and happen upon ESPN+ and they are in a holding pattern for the ETSU football game and it precipitated (see what I did there) two questions:

For schools like ETSU that are playing a spring schedule, will they also plan on playing a fall schedule this year as well?

Has UT ever played ETSU in football and do you think it would be beneficial to have a regular series?
They played a couple of years ago...

Not sure about prior to that

They did play a few years ago. It would be beneficial to ETSU to get the money from UT from a frequent series, but there’s no other benefit.

Reactions: KptVFL

There really is no benefit for UT playing ETSU every year. The games would never be competitive so the only reason UT would do that is in order to help out a local university’s football program. If they were to go that route they might as well play UTC or UT Martin which are under the “UT” umbrella.

Reactions: onevol74

For ETSU yeah it would; for UT no. They get nothing out of it except an automatic W which doesn't really mean much.

we play Tennessee Tech who is playing this spring too
6DBBBCB6-00CD-4B2F-B5F2-0993642390A6.jpeg46F4F116-06D9-43A1-AD06-EF8156CF0712.jpeg

Ah yes 2018...forgot about the Fulmer on two payrolls and throwing his old OC a free check game.

Seems UT plays these in state teams on a somewhat regular basis. Should they just go ahead and setup a rotating schedule of some sorts...ETSU, UTC, UTM, MTSU would be a nice four year pattern...?

I think the benefit is kind of two way also...gives the smaller schools a nice paycheck and helps UT get more attention with in state recruits I think.

I heard a rumor, without a big discussion, that some SoCon players may "opt out" of the Spring schedule "en masse" and from different teams to attempt to shutdown the idea of playing back-to-back seasons. I'm not a fan of "player strikes" and I'm not sure all of the schools are exactly onboard either with playing in the Spring. Strictly, TIFWIW rumor.

I heard a rumor, without a big discussion, that some SoCon players may "opt out" of the Spring schedule "en masse" and from different teams to attempt to shutdown the idea of playing back-to-back seasons. I'm not a fan of "player strikes" and I'm not sure all of the schools are exactly onboard either with playing in the Spring. Strictly, TIFWIW rumor.
Not sure where that's coming from or what they'd have to gain. They've all 5 games in to an 8 week schedule.

UT should rotate all state schools annually for the OOC schedule: AP, the Mocs, Tech, Memphis, and ETSU. Then beat Vandy and there'd be no doubt who is the best in the state.

Ah yes 2018...forgot about the Fulmer on two payrolls and throwing his old OC a free check game.

Seems UT plays these in state teams on a somewhat regular basis. Should they just go ahead and setup a rotating schedule of some sorts...ETSU, UTC, UTM, MTSU would be a nice four year pattern...?

I think the benefit is kind of two way also...gives the smaller schools a nice paycheck and helps UT get more attention with in state recruits I think.
Man, I hope not. I remember how embarrassing it was for Vandy back in the late 90’s or so when MTSU beat them. Seems MTSU was still in the OVC.

VN Store

Back