Eternal Optimist - Florida Game

With 2 full weeks to prepare and with Bailey at QB, this may be the game that the Vols pull an upset. Florida can be scored on as is shown in their previous games. Maybe with no serious mistakes, some turnovers and a dedicated effort, the Vols pull off an upset. Who knows?
Fllroda 65-10 be prepared for a beat down.

Reactions: 08Vol
I’m usually an optimist too OP, but not gonna happen. They will easily put up 50 on us and we can’t compete with that even with HB as QB.

Rumor: A friend of mine’s daughter dates Cimaglia, and he said most of the players dislike Pruitt and don’t want to perform for him bc he’s an a$$****
As to your rumor, that's what I've always worried about with Pruitt if the wins and results didn't materialize. That Sabanish attitude is all fun and games if you are winning but a-holes that don't produce are the kind of guys who in the history of warfare have ended up getting shot by their own troops.

Agree, but I hope the Vols win also.
Where are all the orange goggled stargazers that swear we have talent on par with Florida?
The game will be history by the half.
We do not have a roster capable of being competitive in the SEC. Swapping coaches every few years is what you do to keep fans hopeful for improvement and buying tickets.
Teams with the best players win the championships.
The best coaches are the ones that have the best players.
No coach can "coach up, develop or whatever cliché you spew" a mule into a racehorse.

Well according to the recruiting services tn does have close to the same talent...

Reactions: Orange931
With 2 full weeks to prepare and with Bailey at QB, this may be the game that the Vols pull an upset. Florida can be scored on as is shown in their previous games. Maybe with no serious mistakes, some turnovers and a dedicated effort, the Vols pull off an upset. Who knows?

But not by our offense.... AND most definitely with the way our pass coverage plays, not likely. It will make no difference how good our offense plays.

I’m usually an optimist too OP, but not gonna happen. They will easily put up 50 on us and we can’t compete with that even with HB as QB.

Rumor: A friend of mine’s daughter dates Cimaglia, and he said most of the players dislike Pruitt and don’t want to perform for him bc he’s an a$$****

Hummmmmmmm!!!

I don't pretend to KNOW who will start at QB. My bet would be JG since it is Senior night. I think Bailey gets a bunch of playing time. I just don't see us scoring enough points to beat the Gators.
They can be scored on no doubt but they can burn up the score board on Offense. To say our Defense has it's work cut out would be an understatement.

How many seasons does JG get to be part of "senior night"? At this point, if he still gets scholarship status, I call him a professional. (thou not a very good one)

Reactions: Vol524

Kids these days are soft

Reactions: FLVOL_79

Possible? yes
Probable? NO

Can anyone give me an instance where UT has played well coming off a bye since Pruitt took over? They usually look like garbage after a layoff. Florida's defense can be scored upon by a half-way competent offense. We don't have that. I have no idea why you're under the delusion that Bailey will start against Florida. It's not going to happen. JG will get us killed yet again.

Even under a best case scenario, Florida is going to make some plays.

Which means Tennessee at some point is going to face at least some level of adversity.

And even if things are going fairly well, as soon as that happens (Tennessee faces adversity)......

Game over.

Two weeks to Prepare!! helps in the First Half. What about the Second Half; when Tennessee has exhibited the Inability to make adjustments? Oh yeah. Fla outscores Ut by 28 the second half. Watch it.

Like that matters. That just gives CJP more time to screw it up

JG starts.

He plays like ****.

Offense scores 10 points.

Florida scores 63 including pick six.

Mullen is going to run the score up. You know it. I know it.

Even though we are getting blown out, Pruitt doesn't out HB in until three minutes left in game.

After game, Pruitt says he thought gyt JG played good. Gives us our best chance to win.

This is reality. Accept it.
Every
Single
Game

Reactions: tbh
The defense is teetering between below average and terrible.

Mullen and company will decide how much they want to score to help Trasks' Heisman campaign before pulling him.

And we know the offense can't keep pace.

Reactions: 08Vol and Johnboy69
Florida will score on every possession, barring turnovers. Their punter doesnt even need to dress, or make the trip. UF 70 UT 23

[QUOTE="tnutater, post: 18995818, member: 64809"]I forgot the last time the Vols weren't blown out vs FL.
I think it has happened though.[/QUOTE]

I remember the last time they were blown by Kentucky.

Reactions: tnutater

Cimaglia must be one who dislikes.... Mr. Groza award nominee who has sucked when given the chance this year

Lets' begin. 2 weeks to prepare, Team Tennessee can't make halftime adjustments, much less prepare 2 weeks ahead of time.
Bailey?
Kentucky did win a major upset, why not Tennessee? LOL
Florida can be scored on, but Tennessee can't score.
Tennessee can't play mistake free football at this time. Florida will create the turnovers.
And, Tennessee can't play defense which is probably the most important point here. Peyton Manning could be QB and UT would still lose with this defense.

VN Store

Back