Eternal Optimist - Florida Game

JG starts.

He plays like ****.

Offense scores 10 points.

Florida scores 63 including pick six.

Mullen is going to run the score up. You know it. I know it.

Even though we are getting blown out, Pruitt doesn't out HB in until three minutes left in game.

After game, Pruitt says he thought gyt JG played good. Gives us our best chance to win.

This is reality. Accept it.

Groundhog Day.............
SOS, over and over and over and over and over...,

Reactions: tennrich1
Winning this game this year would be the upset of the century. If Bailey starts, its possible though, however unlikely.

Unless we’ve just whiffed completely. We’ve brought in a ton of 4-5 star talent even during these down years.

Pulled up a list of from a Tennessee website in the Spring of potential 2021 Draftees.

Trey Smith (no question here. the question is how high due to medical reasons)
Cade Mays (disappointing season)
Bryce Thompson
Aubrey Soloman (I will lump Soloman, Gooden, and Middleton together as they are all d-lineman.) Have any of these guys truly impacted the game? They have a combined 0 sacks and half a tackle for a loss on the season.
Emmitt Gooden
Brandon Kennedy (He'll be 25 at the start of the next NFL season).
Ty Chandler (I can make a joke about being 2nd string at Tennessee, but so was Kamara. He ain't Kamara).
Josh Palmer (I'll be consistent and say it's hard to judge guys at his position on that team considering who's pulling the trigger.)
Brett Cimaglia (not good enough as a kicker to be drafted)
Shawn Shamburger (I don't think so, but we'll see)
Darel Middleton (see earlier comment)
Jarrett Guarantano (lol)

That's the list. So maybe there are other guys who have emerged that I am not aware of. But, Smith, Mays and Thompson are it. Palmer may be drafted depending on his 40 time. But, when you compare it to other teams in the league, that's not close to good enough.

Reactions: tnutater
Pulled up a list of from a Tennessee website in the Spring of potential 2021 Draftees.

Trey Smith (no question here. the question is how high due to medical reasons)
Cade Mays (disappointing season)
Bryce Thompson
Aubrey Soloman (I will lump Soloman, Gooden, and Middleton together as they are all d-lineman.) Have any of these guys truly impacted the game? They have a combined 0 sacks and half a tackle for a loss on the season.
Emmitt Gooden
Brandon Kennedy (He'll be 25 at the start of the next NFL season).
Ty Chandler (I can make a joke about being 2nd string at Tennessee, but so was Kamara. He ain't Kamara).
Josh Palmer (I'll be consistent and say it's hard to judge guys at his position on that team considering who's pulling the trigger.)
Brett Cimaglia (not good enough as a kicker to be drafted)
Shawn Shamburger (I don't think so, but we'll see)
Darel Middleton (see earlier comment)
Jarrett Guarantano (lol)

That's the list. So maybe there are other guys who have emerged that I am not aware of. But, Smith, Mays and Thompson are it. Palmer may be drafted depending on his 40 time. But, when you compare it to other teams in the league, that's not close to good enough.

I think it’s more development than talent. A competent staff goes a long way.

I’m usually an optimist too OP, but not gonna happen. They will easily put up 50 on us and we can’t compete with that even with HB as QB.

Rumor: A friend of mine’s daughter dates Cimaglia, and he said most of the players dislike Pruitt and don’t want to perform for him bc he’s an a$$****
what does the team think of the QB situation/

Winning this game this year would be the upset of the century. If Bailey starts, its possible though, however unlikely.
If Bailey starts win will still be upset of century
Until HB actually accomplishes something when the game is not lost, why the optimism?

Ever think about how many UFA the Vols have, that make NFL rosters. Coaching doesn’t allow them to show their potential. Once they get into a camp as a FA they make the rosters. Coaching up talent has been the downfall for 15 years. Tenn name and being in the SEC will keep them in the top 20 on signing day, with very little effort.

Dude, we have a terrible defense. Doesn't matter UF will put up 40+ which this offense is incapable of.

Until HB actually accomplishes something when the game is not lost, why the optimism?
Yup a true freshman makes it an even bigger upset/more unlikely. Odds are so low regardless, who cares. Start Holiday or Calloway. All the same if QB1 JG is so broken. All the backups are not good rn. Maybe necks year...

Idk...somehow I still think the App St upset of Michigan will still be at the top. That’s just a guess though. 👌

Reactions: QU1ZE

VN Store

Back