Eternal Optimist - Florida Game

If Pruitt does start JG against Florida, he should bring in a hypnotist to try to hypnotize him into believing the game is just a practice.

With 2 full weeks to prepare and with Bailey at QB, this may be the game that the Vols pull an upset. Florida can be scored on as is shown in their previous games. Maybe with no serious mistakes, some turnovers and a dedicated effort, the Vols pull off an upset. Who knows?
Why? Bailey didn't win the job. He just didn't. I'm not sure why you guys continue to live in this fantasy. I hope he's great if he earns the opportunity to play. So far... he hasn't. Why can't you accept that and pull for the guy(s) who did?

Why? Bailey didn't win the job. He just didn't. I'm not sure why you guys continue to live in this fantasy. I hope he's great if he earns the opportunity to play. So far... he hasn't. Why can't you accept that and pull for the guy(s) who did?
This was before last seasons Florida game.

Reactions: KptVFL and sjt18
I guess there was someone in Kentucky that for about 26 years predicted , this would be the season we upset TN. Keep predicting and some day probably not in my lifetime you'll be correct.

I suppose because we seen him play last year as a freshman and he performed much better against much better competition than what we have seen thus for from the other two, Hooker did play much better than Milton; however, I can tell why coach wants to try Milton,, because he does have much more physical abilities than the other two, but at some point coach has to know when to pull the plug to bench him if his poor passing does not improve. I would like to see him be able to connect on some of those long passes, but time will tell. I would have thought he would have been pulled last game without any injury when he was still not connecting on the long passes with receivers wide open. It doesn't matter how strong his arm is if he can't throw accurately. There are many qb who have done very well with just average arm strength. Peyton did not have near the arm that Milton does, but I would take Peyton any time over Milton. nor could he run anywhere close to Milton. And with this said Hooker is a much better runner than Milton is.

I suppose because we seen him play last year as a freshman and he performed much better against much better competition than what we have seen thus for from the other two, Hooker did play much better than Milton; however, I can tell why coach wants to try Milton,, because he does have much more physical abilities than the other two, but at some point coach has to know when to pull the plug to bench him if his poor passing does not improve. I would like to see him be able to connect on some of those long passes, but time will tell. I would have thought he would have been pulled last game without any injury when he was still not connecting on the long passes with receivers wide open. It doesn't matter how strong his arm is if he can't throw accurately. There are many qb who have done very well with just average arm strength. Peyton did not have near the arm that Milton does, but I would take Peyton any time over Milton. nor could he run anywhere close to Milton. And with this said Hooker is a much better runner than Milton is.
Agree on Milton.

Disagree on Bailey. He did some good things but his stats don't reflect reality in significant ways. I believe it was Auburn where they had a lead and went into soft coverage. He kept throwing 5 yard dump downs and they were happy to let him do it. It looked like a great completion % and it produced some yardage. But it wasn't effective QB play. He was young so he couldn't be expected to take more risks... but that's exactly what you need late in the game trailing by 2 or more scores. I'm not against him. But his stats late last fall do not mean he's better than the other two now. He's unproven and apparently ended up 3rd in the QB battle. For all we know he will start this week or get an opportunity over the next few weeks and seize the job permanently. But so far he's where he was leaving spring- 3rd.

The only "proven" commodity is Hooker. He's solid if not flashy. For his career, he's a 63% or so passer. He has a 2:1 or 3:1 TD to INT ratio. He is more likely to make a splash play with his legs than arm but doesn't hurt you throwing the ball. I didn't realize it at the time but he completed over 70% of his passes vs Pitt. If UT had had that the whole game... the Vols very likely win even with some of the mistakes and penalties.

VN Store

Back