ESPN's SEC bowl game predictions

thought it was que pasta...I have the utmost confidence that we will win the game...somehow...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...FLAME THE HOOSIERS!

Reactions: feathersax
I see three bad match-ups in those 9 games involving the SEC. And Tennessee to Indiana ain't one of them.

'Cats are going to have trouble with Va Tech ... Georgia doesn't match up well with Baylor ... and A&M will struggle with Oklahoma State.

One of those three will probably eke out a win. So I think the SEC is gonna go 7-2 this bowl season. And the Vols will be one of the 7.

Go Vols!

ESPN uses their FPI to help determine who they think will win. I added up all the latest FPI rankings of our opponents and the IU and then divided to get the average. IU's final average opponent FPI is 47. Our final opponent average FPI is 52. According to ESPN IU played almost as hard a schedule as did because we played UT Chatt and GA St which count 0 toward our FPI score.

ESPN has us last at a 52% chance of beating IU. I may be a homer, but I bet we have a higher chance of winning our game than KY does beating VA-Tech, or GA beating Baylor.
ESPN’s FPI predicts winner in every SEC bowl game

You may be right about KY. But Ga's defense will need to stay home for them to lose to Baylor. I think even Ga's offense can score lots of points against a Big 12 team. Any Big 12 team. ( If B-12 ain't right, I mean old SWC team)

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I would say Bama and UGA are the most likely to lose their respective bowl games, basically because of the let down of not making the CFP, but also too because Bama's defense is not good and because UGA's offense has gone into the tank the last half of the season. After those 2 I would say MSU because you just don't know from week to week what you will get on either side of the ball.

all this said, I think that we roll Indiana. We have played better opponents and have actually beaten teams with a winning record. We aren't world beaters, but we are much better than Indiana.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
all this said, I think that we roll Indiana. We have played better opponents and have actually beaten teams with a winning record. We aren't world beaters, but we are much better than Indiana.

Yep!

# teams the Vols played that had winning records: 7

# teams the Vols played that would've had winning records if it weren't for the Vols beating them (hehe): 10

The only two teams we played this year who were truly miserable: USCe and Vandy.

Compare that to:

# teams the Hoosiers played that had winning records: 3

# teams the Hoosiers played that would've had winning records if it weren't for the Hoosiers: no change, still 3.

Teams the Hoosiers played who were truly miserable: Ball State, E. Illinois, UConn, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue. Tempted to add Michigan State and Nebraska to that list, but their seasons were just slightly better than all these other pitiful programs.

Reactions: JettVol
The Georgia State game taught this staff they can’t overlook anyone. Lesson learned. We have 3 weeks to prepare for this team. I think CJP has some Hannibal in him when it comes to preparation- also this team bled to get here.

I can only bet they’re all in.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back