ESPN

OWB

Never
Staff member
Well, this is interesting. ESPN said that they want no part in the coaches poll anymore. Could that be good news for us?

"ESPN withdrew from the college football coaches' poll Tuesday, the second major news organization to say it didn't want to be a part of the Bowl Championship Series' weekly rankings.

The cable sports network said it no longer wanted its name attached to the rankings unless all ballots were made public, not just the final ones. USA Today will continue running the poll, which helps determine who plays for the national championship."

ESPN

The coaches poll is still in the BCS, ESPN just doesn't want to be in it. USA Today will still do it.

But hopefully, between this and the pullout of the AP poll, it will finally get some reform going in the BCS.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jun 8, 2005 10:55 AM

it will finally get some reform going in the BCS.
[snapback]101862[/snapback]​

Absolutely. The BCS is crap. Notre Dame is getting screwed -- they should be guaranteed a shot in the Championship game if they win at least six games :whistle:

Someone needs to do something! Get the Leprechaun to stop doing Travelocity commercials and get Notre Dame the national respect they deserve! :ph34r:

Notre Dame? Notre Dame?! Notre Dame !!!!

Needing respect? :gun:

OMFG I am going to open a can on someone!!!

The same Notre Dame that is special and removed itself from the Big 10 in Football. Not other sports just Football... Then Signed a 40 gazillion dollar contract with ABC so every Notre Dame game is televised. So now as long as they are bowl Eligible they get a major bowl. MIGHT I REMIND ALL NOTRE DAME FANS OF THE OREGON STATE FIASCO. The final score was in the 48 - 14 ball park. Forget the fact they continue to be overhyped and end up getting swamped in the bowl games. Traditionally they are strong but in the recent past they are the most over hyped team in the NCAA. Palmer won his Heisman based on a good showing against ND. Just because it was ND.

:machinegun:

Notre Dame you wanna prove your a REAL powerhouse. Join a conference. Try actually beating half the BIG 10. Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa. Get real and your year bout with Joe Pa hasn't mean a thing in 5 years. You lucked up and took out a starting quarterback and beat us. If you had played Clausen two weeks later it would have been a slaughter. Much like the game you lost started as.

Take your $%^* Leprechaun to some real fights this is your schedule this year

09/03/2005 at Pittsburgh (Nothing Special)
09/10/2005 at Michigan (Great Opponent)
09/17/2005 Michigan State (Nothing Special)
09/24/2005 at Washington (Nothing Special)
10/01/2005 at Purdue (Good Opponent)
10/15/2005 USC (DEFENDING NC and you wouldnt play them cept for Tradition)
10/22/2005 BYU (WAC Nothing at all)
11/05/2005 Tennessee (Payback is a bitch isn't it)
11/12/2005 Navy (Unless your the Army a total Joke)
11/19/2005 Syracuse (Nothing at all)
11/26/2005 at Stanford (Nothing Special since Willingham left)

They will win 5-6 games and be bowl eligible and push a deserving Bowling Green or Boise out of a good bowl.

Now look at ours

Sept. 3 ALA.-BIRMINGHAM (Joke Warm Up)
Sept. 17 at Florida ( Great Opponent)
Sept. 24 at LSU (Great Opponent)
Oct. 1 MISSISSIPPI (Nothing Special)
Oct. 8 GEORGIA (Great opponent)
Oct. 22 at Alabama (Nothing Special but Dangerous)
Oct. 29 SOUTH CAROLINA (Good Opponent/Spurrier)
Nov. 5 at Notre Dame (Good Opponent)
Nov. 12 MEMPHIS (Nothing Special)
Nov. 19 VANDERBILT (Nothing Special)
Nov. 26 at Kentucky (Joke)
Dec. 3 SEC Championship Atlanta (OH WAIT YOUR NOT IN A CONFERENCE YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY ANYONE TO CALL YOURSELF A CHAMP!!!)

ND plays 4 tough opponents in a 11 game schedule... Ironic when the easy number equates to being bowl eligible.

TN plays 5 Hard Teams several decents and all are Dangerous in the SEC.

AND WE GET NO!!!! RESPECT!!!! You ND get way more than you deserve. When you played Army, Stanford, Navy, USC in the 50's and 60's all contended yearly... Now your a joke. Go back to the BIG TEN and earn your respect back.

Oh I was venting if you couldnt tell.

:gun: :censored:

I stand corrected then. Honestly I like ND's tradition but to say they don't get respect? Thats absurd to my extremely SEC biased mind.

Oh I will correct myself this time. ND is not the MOST overhyped team in the NCAA that honor falls to Texas every time. No explaination needed there look at the consistant top ten pre season rankings versus where they end up after losing to Oklahoma and a few others in the Big 12.

Nice link never saw that one before. I just knew from watching College Football like a heroin addict for 20 years.
Texas is as predictable as daylight. Might not know when they will lose but they will lose.

sweet link , most of the teams at the bottom of the list are not suprising

VN Store

Back