ESPN Way to Early top 25 We are in at #8...

I don’t mind being slightly underrated. Where you end up at is what matters. What jumps out to me is only 2 teams from the SEC in the top 25.
The most all the SEC teams lost a lot via having 5th year seniors and players entering in the portal. Us and SC should be picked to finish 1 and 2, only teams that did not lose alot are us and SC we lost rae and snoop and green but we got Jackson and Powell and maybe one more to make up for that.

random thoughts

Does parity - minus three now exist entering 2022-3?. In my opinion the top teams proved their ratings.

Note: the LVs were I believe the only team to have played all of the final four teams, plus Texas and Louisville. Not a good record against but competitive.

Note 2: two familiar teams Baylor and Texas A&M 25th and nada

Note 3: will be interesting how well Baylor A&M and LSU are able to attract the top talent .

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Honestly, I think 8th is a fair assessment.
The writer is basing their entire ranking on what's leaving versus what's incoming for each team and factoring in where that team ended this season.
So yeah, the seven teams ahead of us have fewer variables in terms of outgoing vs. incoming.

One team I think on this list that is really underrated is Indiana...yes they are losing a lot, but not getting any credit for incoming and remaining talents.

Despite the eventual champion being from the SEC, the SEC performed way below expectations in the tournament, so I think folks are probably going to grade us particularly hard leading up to next season.
Not just that, but no teams outside of SC or Tenn will be particularly good next season unless there is some major portal rebuilding.

what will be the non-conference schedule? with Stanford, UConn , probably Texas maybe VATech don't know what T giving tourney. for sure will not be cupcake entries.

This year we played away games at UConn and South Carolina, it will be good to have those games at home next season, I think we’ll be ready.

We played Texas and Stanford at home this season, so if we’re playing them again, they’ll be away games.

I’m sure our strength of schedule next season will be plenty tough. Our team should be good next season. Hope everyone stays healthy!

This year we played away games at UConn and South Carolina, it will be good to have those games at home next season, I think we’ll be ready.

We played Texas and Stanford at home this season, so if we’re playing them again, they’ll be away games.

I’m sure our strength of schedule next season will be plenty tough. Our team should be good next season. Hope everyone stays healthy!

Yep, and all of those games are likely to have Tennessee as the underdog -- even the home games. We'll stand a much better chance of pulling off the upsets in all of these games if everyone is healthy. Much, MUCH better. :D

We pretty much know what South Carolina will bring next season, but I am extremely excited to see how freshman Lauren Betts and returner Cameron Brink will control the paint together for Stanford, and also how Patterson and Brady will fare as freshmen at CT.

Certainly this next season's schedule is one of the most anticipated, for me, in a long time. It just feels different knowing that it will be much more difficult for me to guess which games are likely wins and losses because right now I can't imagine going into any game feeling like it will be nearly impossible to win. Over the past decade there have been several games each season that I've marked on my calendar the day the schedule came out as "definite loss." I don't know if the word "definite" will be there this year, and that feels fantastic. :D

With what the LVs have coming back and the folks coming in, the LVs are rated too low. They are top 5 and should make it to the Final Four this upcoming season. GBO.

Sorry, but with Kellie coaching a sweet 16 appearance will be a good stretch goal.......same as i posted for last year!

Despite the eventual champion being from the SEC, the SEC performed way below expectations in the tournament, so I think folks are probably going to grade us particularly hard leading up to next season.
Not sure the conference performed below expectations. The results were painfully similar to last year. We spent months admiring the strength of the SEC. Many SEC teams were invited to the tournament, with most fading quickly.

My take is that we had lots of B+/A- teams, and few that were truly first-rate.

Last year 7 qualified, and all but 2 were gone after the first two rounds.
This year 8 qualified, and 2 made it to the sweet sixteen and beyond.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back