ESPN Updates Preason FPI - TN=15th

giphy.gif

ESPN has updated their preason FPI for the upcoming season and has our beloved Vols at 15th

ESPN updates preseason Football Power Index for 2019

No way will we even sniff the top 25 in any of the other polls.

Does this mean ESPN loves us again?

SIAP

theoretically this has Tennessee finishing 3rd in the East behind UGA and UF. Not too bad at all if it plays out that way. If UT beats the other 4 teams in the east and wins all 4 non conference games, that's a solid year and if they can throw on top of that a win against MSU well then it's a hell of a year for Pruitt.

I have said all off season that I think the Vols are a 7-5 or 8-4 team this year. 8-4 would be great because it means we beat several teams that we lost to last year.

Reactions: RollerVol
Did they mistakenly juxtapose the numbers? This team will be much closer to 51st in the country than 15th.
I think we will stay around top 25 as long as we stay injury free. Lose a couple of key guys and we'll definitely be more likely 50 than 15. However, should either of our transfers be granted waivers, a few newcomers be better than advertised and our easiest schedule in literally decades, we could just have a big year! I'm predicting that Chaney has a big impact on the offensive side of the ball and Pruitt starts to dial up aggressive defensive calls with our back 7 being the strength on that side. Pruitt is impressive and regional media is starting to pick up on that fact. We will know for sure in a couple of months.

A&M is no joke
Maybe they're not a joke, but they are like a much better version of UT. They'll be viewed as an above average second tier program with deep pockets who recruits well, until they do something different. Only 1 season in past five with greater than 8 wins, and only one double digit win season since 2000. Likewise, UT's gonna be viewed as a door mat until we prove we're not.

Reactions: tbh and RollerVol
Maybe they're not a joke, but they are like a much better version of UT. They'll be viewed as an above average second tier program with deep pockets who recruits well, until they do something different. Only 1 season in past five with greater than 8 wins, and only one double digit win season since 2000. Likewise, UT's gonna be viewed as a door mat until we prove we're not.
About 94 teams are a better version of UT..

Reactions: Volatility
ESPN has updated their preseason FPI for the upcoming season and has our beloved Vols at 15th

ESPN updates preseason Football Power Index for 2019

No way will we even sniff the top 25 in any of the other polls.

Does this mean ESPN loves us again?

SIAP

No way!!! Picking UT higher is espn way of gigging us.They know or think they know we cannot achieve that high of ranking.So it would lead to disappointment.As always espn hates us!!!

Attachments

• Deer in headlights.JPG
    Deer in headlights.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back