ESPN High School Games

DickeyD

Do they not do any research on these games to ensure the teams are balanced at least? Jeesh

The one team that got smoked by IMG Academy told ESPN they had a bunch of D1 prospects. They lied.

They "told" ESPN?

Pretty sure ESPN has a recruiting department that tracks such things, ala ..... 247, Rivals, etc,

ESPN knew who they were putting on. Not sure why anyone watches it, if no vested interest, but that's another conversation.

Do they not do any research on these games to ensure the teams are balanced at least? Jeesh

Ducanville, TX was a nationally ranked Texas champion that is littered with D-1 prospects and they've been handled 2 years in row.

There are 4 programs around the country that are in a league of their own.
- St John Bosco, CA
- Mater Dei, CA
- IMG, FL
- St Francis, MD

Unless these teams are playing each other....its a blowout!

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Ducanville, TX was a nationally ranked Texas champion that is littered with D-1 prospects and they've been handled 2 years in row.

- St John Bosco, CA
- Mater Dei, CA
- IMG, FL
- St Francis, MD

St Francis just lost to St Thomas Aquinas it was a good game though.

Reactions: LittleVol
There it is. And now it's coming out that this "Bishop Sycamore" is a fake high school, and they fielded the exact same players on Friday night, and then turned around and played IMG on Sunday. HAHA.

Apparently, I give the "world wide leader in sports" too much credit. And, I didn't give them much before.

Amateur hour!

- St John Bosco, CA
- Mater Dei, CA
- IMG, FL
- St Francis, MD

St Thomas Aquinas from Ft Lauderdale beat St Frances Academy this past weekend.

Edit: Apologize for redundant post. Didn’t realize this info was already posted by @BoroVol93

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
MRA had no business being on tv either. Last years team, yes but not this one. That’s the worst MRA team I’ve ever seen & I've seen them a pretty good bit as I’m sure is the with Oakland for some of y’all on here.

The info about this Bishop Sycamore-IMG game is crazy
-Bishop Sycamore was 0-6 last year
-Bishop Sycamore address provided leads to a duplex
-Bishop Sycamore has a kid that was originally a Florida 2020 graduate
-Bishop Sycamore doesn't provide full roster to ESPN commentators, claims they are full of D1 talent
-Bishop Sycamore played a game on Friday night in Pennsylvania, lost that game, and then traveled to play IMG on Sunday
-They haven't won a game in 2 years
More to come out of this, I'm sure

All that matters is the eyeballs. I'm not motivated to seek out the data but if ESPN got views, why should they care? Maybe it's bad for future ESPN HS views but the American public has the attention span of a flashbulb for that kind of thing.

The info about this Bishop Sycamore-IMG game is crazy
-Bishop Sycamore was 0-6 last year
-Bishop Sycamore address provided leads to a duplex
-Bishop Sycamore has a kid that was originally a Florida 2020 graduate
-Bishop Sycamore doesn't provide full roster to ESPN commentators, claims they are full of D1 talent
-Bishop Sycamore played a game on Friday night in Pennsylvania, lost that game, and then traveled to play IMG on Sunday
-They haven't won a game in 2 years
More to come out of this, I'm sure
The Coaches should be brought up on charges. As soon as they walked on the field , I said to myself "Something is not right here...". Looked like a college team playing a JV high school team. I told my Fiance they should have used that weather delay as an excuse to call it.

Sounds like ESPN got duped. And they were lazy as hell

“According to the Massillon Independent, Bishop Sycamore is an online charter school. It is not listed among the Ohio High School Athletic Association's directory of schools and the Independent reports it is a non-OHSAA school”

Reactions: VolsSince78
Apparently, I give the "world wide leader in sports" too much credit. And, I didn't give them much before.

Amateur hour!

I’m much more interested in HS football than usual because I have a son currently playing. So I’m probably in the minority, but ESPN coverage of HS football just turns me off unless the Vols have one or more solid commitments playing.

Rather than celebrate HS football, and show a good rivalry game between “real schools”, ESPN typically airs “high school” games with at least one football factory playing. Then they spend most of the game talking NCAA recruiting.

I get that ESPN is marketing to the college football recruiting geeks (I’m one when Vols are relevant). But why air a HS GAME for 2.5 hours, then bastardize the actual game by talking non stop about college football recruiting??

Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400. This is outrageous.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Standard tuition for one year of boarding at IMG Academy is $68,500 plus a team sport competition and training gear fee that ranges from $3,750-$4,250 depending on the sport. A single semester costs $39,400. This is outrageous.
what's even crazier is they haven't really produced a ton of successful college and pro talent.

Reactions: American_PitVol
Nobody knows. It just came out that Bishop Sycamore isn't even approved by the NCAA as a legit institute for offering high school courses. MY GOD

That's crazy. I understand the attraction of IMG but you have to at least check out the opponent...one would think.

VN Store

Back