ESPN could screw up a one-car funeral

Boston Vol

Seriously? Coaches film room is one the best things that ESPN has done over the past five years. However, this year, they’ve decided to replace the coaches with their god awful Monday night football crew.

Seriously? Coaches film room is one the best things that ESPN has done over the past five years. However, this year, they’ve decided to replace the coaches with their god awful Monday night football crew.

This is dumb . The film room was great.

Coach's Film Room was the only way I have wanted to watch both playoff and champ. games last year and the playoffs this year. This has train wreck witten all over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmax86
ESPN's single biggest millstone might be what they paid for the NBA. The MNF deal too, as @bamawriter said, is insane.

I'm curious to see how they pivot over the coming years in an attempt to stay relevant. A few months ago Jimmy Pitaro more or less repudiated integrating political angles into their coverage. Going political was one angle of their strategy to maintain relevance in an era when their non-live sports programming isn't needed. The obvious way for them to continue to be relevant is to continue to air a lot of live sports - it's basically the only reason you need them anymore - but it is becoming more difficult for them to afford to do that.

what he do to get fired? Guess that shows how long ago I’ve watched SC....

He was just awful at his job.

Basically he was an SEC contrarian whose arguments were easily shot down....loved trolling SEC fan bases, but wasn't very good at it.

Think JaxVol posting that picture a couple weeks ago of Mark Stoops celebrating UK’s win at The Swamp, when UF destroyed his Vols by 26 in Neyland....think of someone being that simpleminded, but for three hours every day, five days a week.

Last edited:
ESPN's single biggest millstone might be what they paid for the NBA. The MNF deal too, as @bamawriter said, is insane.

I'm curious to see how they pivot over the coming years in an attempt to stay relevant. A few months ago Jimmy Pitaro more or less repudiated integrating political angles into their coverage. Going political was one angle of their strategy to maintain relevance in an era when their non-live sports programming isn't needed. The obvious way for them to continue to be relevant is to continue to air a lot of live sports - it's basically the only reason you need them anymore - but it is becoming more difficult for them to afford to do that.

Didn’t they pay Greenberg $5 million, Jalen Rosen and Michelle Beadle absurd amounts of money plus create a multi-million dollar set on the River in Brooklyn? Not to mention getting rid of a lot of good on air talent. Keeping SVP was smart, keeping Gameday crew the same was smart, most of their other choices under Skipper were so poorly managed. A lot of it also had to do with Bob Iger and his political motivations.

I’m more of thinking about how much trouble they will be in when NFL rights are up for grabs again in 2021.

ESPN might not be able to afford it.

My guess is that the asking price will be significantly lower than the last time around.

Didn’t they pay Greenberg $5 million, Jalen Rosen and Michelle Beadle absurd amounts of money plus create a multi-million dollar set on the River in Brooklyn? Not to mention getting rid of a lot of good on air talent. Keeping SVP was smart, keeping Gameday crew the same was smart, most of their other choices under Skipper were so poorly managed. A lot of it also had to do with Bob Iger and his political motivations.
Something like that, yes. I believe Beadle was kicked off the show shortly after it began. Not sure, I've watched a grand total of about 5 minutes of it since it aired.

That's a good point about College GameDay - it is the only old school show they have that still has any relevance.

speaking of God awful, anybody take Chris Doering seriously, should stick to selling mortgages

VN Store

Back