ESPN Coach of Year poll

ESPN has a poll for Coach of Year including Holly, along with Mulkey, McGraw, VanDerveer and Gottlieb (of Cal). Holly is lleading with 37% at this time.
Go here to vote: http://espn.go.com/womens-basketball/:yes:

Well, I copied the URL of the page and pasted it above, but get a message that it is not found. If it doesn't work go to ESPN.go.com, click on "MORE SPORTS" then on "Women's BB."

didnt see your answer

Why answer such a ridiculous comment? If you need an answer, how about picked to finish 5th in SEC and now assured of at least a tie for 1st? And who has McGraw or Mulkey or any others :loco:beat that they shouldn't have?
Hypocritical to say you don't mean to be negative with such a comment.

Reactions: 1 person
During the OK/Baylor game tonight, Rebecca Lobo and the other commentator(can't remember who)were talking about Holly and what a great job she's done this year.

not being negavol but who has she beat that she wasnt suppose to beat

If you read the poll question, it is not about who has coached their team to the greatest number of victories or which teams they have defeated. The poll question is simply

"Who is the favorite for women's basketball coach of the year?"

The FAVORITE for women's basketball coach.

Holly has done a lot this year by head coaching the LVs to no. 8 from something like 25 (can't remember the original ranking but it was somewhere around 20-25 or thereabouts), especially after losing her starters from last year. The team is also 1st in the SEC and was predicted to finish in 5th place at the beginning of the season. This is just from the sports side of things.

Now, Holly also rides her motorcycle along with her good friend Nikki Caldwell to raise money and bring awareness for breast cancer. She is also working with the Rotary Club in their fight to eradicate polio. Also, these activities bring awareness to women's sports because she is a sports person involved with them.

Therefore, she is not only an excellent coach, but also a very nice well respected person that helps to save lives around the world.

I'm sure the other coaches in the poll are doing nice things outside of sports as well, but I'm not aware of what these things are. All I know is that Holly is RAD and I think a lot of people agree with me!

These are probably just some of the reasons why she is leading in the poll for the FAVORITE women's basketball coach of the year.

Reactions: 1 person
not being negavol but who has she beat that she wasnt suppose to beat

Apparently you do not keep up with women's basketball very much. Holly came into a difficult situation; replacing the greatest coach of all time under very touchy circumstances; predicted to finish 5th in SEC; and she is now guaranteed a tie for the regular season championship, and playing the two teams to finish which have a chance to tie her. Yes, she has done a tremendous job, and that does not include the injuries key players have suffered.

Holly deserves COY, just as Pat deserved it many more years than she actually received.

VN Store

Back