ESPN Chris Low Says Tony Elliot & Sonny Dykes Are Names To Watch For

His lawyer's defense was that Pruitt "didn't know anything about what was going on". It's a dumbass argument considering Pruitt's contract explicitly put him on the hook for anything happening with his assistants too. I doubt he gets a dime.

I don't think he deserves anything, but I predict UT settles and pays something, maybe 50%

His lawyer's defense was that Pruitt "didn't know anything about what was going on". It's a dumbass argument considering Pruitt's contract explicitly put him on the hook for anything happening with his assistants too. I doubt he gets a dime.

That's unfortunate for Pruitt if true. But, if you have at a minimum 9 employees committing serious violations and no telling how many players involved......how do you not know? Or, at least have serious suspicions?

This would fall into the not creating a culture of compliance within your organization at a very minimum.

They can say what they want to publicly about Fulmer, but he was ultimately responsible for Pruitt.

Danny White is a human, which means he has at least a tiny ego. He just got the best job of his life. You think his first move would be to hire Sonny Dykes?

No way.

If he can’t make a splash right now he’ll buy time with Steele until he can.

This should be the approach if he can't get who he wants now. Bringing in the wrong person now does NOTHING for the future. Steele could and I repeat could be at least a decent manager and have moderate success. Just because he's been around long enough....

I hope it turns out to be someone all the know-it-alls on these forums and sports writers are not talking about. Be hilarious everybody knows something, somebody is an insider, blah blah blah

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
That's unfortunate for Pruitt if true. But, if you have at a minimum 9 employees committing serious violations and no telling how many players involved......how do you not know? Or, at least have serious suspicions?

This would fall into the not creating a culture of compliance within your organization at a very minimum.

They can say what they want to publicly about Fulmer, but he was ultimately responsible for Pruitt.
JMO, but I think he reached a point when he sold out. I think he knowingly fired guys who were good teachers but not good recruiters. People were brought in who he thought could "recruit" so he could compete with teams like AL & GA, regardless of the consequences.

it’s still very early in the hiring process although I know we need someone in place soon. I’d say if we don’t get one of our top candidates let’s roll with Steele for a while as interim and keep “harassing” our top choices until we land one. Clearly we need a coach in place for recruiting, spring practice etc but for the long term well being we may have to wait. Not my first choice obviously but I’m not keen on hiring a lower level choice that’s been vetted or hiring a coordinator. I just think going down those two roads could be disaster but I’m not discouraged. I think DW is working hard and may pull a rabbit out of the proverbial hat. IDK.

How many coordinators have worked out? Smart? Who else? If we take on anyone it should be a former HC. That said, it is really embarrassing we cannot get big names. Majors is the only big name we have had. He built Tennessee into what we won with. Fulmer took the reigns and did well with them but we let him go. Still he was a crap shoot. He had never been a HC anywhere. I do not believe he could have built UT into what he inherited. It seems there is interest, but some of our fans believe that we are too good for them. Yet it is most coaches who feel we are not good enough. We have had plenty of ADs come through in that time. Two of which did well with Basketball hires. So, what is the constant that is wrong in Knoxville? What are the “haves”’doing wrong?

what is it that SD has done, or not done, to have so many down on him?

just curious to see your remarks

what is it that SD has done, or not done, to have so many down on him?

just curious to see your remarks
dykes.png

I hope that AD White hits a homerun with this one. We dished out a lot of money for him to make good decisions. Can't mess this one up.

VN Store

Back