ESPN 2022 Draft Rankings

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
2022 MLB draft rankings 2.0: Which former MLB star's son soars up our top 150?
11. Jordan Beck (21.1), LF, Tennessee
Beck has been steadily climbing this spring, showing massive raw power and peak EVs around 110 mph, with a chance to play in center field, but his hit tool is still up for debate. He's a different sort of player, but the tool grades and broad strokes compare well to 2019 No. 10 overall pick Hunter Bishop.

24. Blade Tidwell (21.0), RHP, Tennessee
Just now returning from a shoulder injury, Tidwell had a loud start last weekend at Florida. He's into the upper-90s with an easy plus slider, an above-average changeup and flashes of starter command. As he gets stretched out, if his medicals check out and he keeps performing like this, he can jump into the top 15 picks.

26. Drew Gilbert (21.8), CF, Tennessee
Gilbert is a 5-foot-9 center fielder who was seen as more of a pitcher by scouts when he got to campus, but he's really hit with a good approach, gap power and strong exit velos.

82. Ben Joyce (21.8), RHP, Tennessee
One of the other stories of this draft is Tennessee rocket-armed reliever Ben Joyce, who is regularly sitting at 100 mph. Given that Arkansas RHP Kevin Kopps, a lesser prospect, went 99th overall last year, Joyce should go ahead of that, but he comes with an injury history and command/consistency questions. Most scouts are guessing late second or early third round for Joyce, which is close to the ceiling for a relief-only prospect.

Other 40 FV players (MLB Bench Player):
Trey Lipscomb (22.0), 3B, Tennessee

I know, I know, I know…but if Joyce slips to round 3 maybe he comes back? I know it’s not likely, I know we still have Hoover and Regionals and shhhhhh, all opportunities to show out and up the stock. This dude after a summer in the Cape…forget about it! Gotta stay healthy.

I know, I know, I know…but if Joyce slips to round 3 maybe he comes back? I know it’s not likely, I know we still have Hoover and Regionals and shhhhhh, all opportunities to show out and up the stock. This dude after a summer in the Cape…forget about it! Gotta stay healthy.

He’s a reliever, so if he goes in the 3rd he is gone, IMO. I don’t think he can break into the first two rounds at his position. First two rounds are typically for high ceiling, top-end high school talent, or big college bats and starters.

He’s a reliever, so if he goes in the 3rd he is gone, IMO. I don’t think he can break into the first two rounds at his position. First two rounds are typically for high ceiling, top-end high school talent, or big college bats and starters.

If a guy is drafted in the 1st 10 rounds, he typically signs.

VN Store

Back