Eric McKnight appeal denied

"We pursued this issue through the proper protocol, and I respect the process," Tyndall said in a UT release. "Although we are disappointed that Eric will not be joining our program, we are focused on moving forward."

It was going to be a tough season already, but now this news really hurts. Who is going to rebound? Pops, we are sorry, don't leave.

just have to be tenacious on the boards, box out, attack the ball and go get it, while running opposing big men to death. Forcing longer shots would help too as longer rebounds benefit us more.
It hurts, but you move on and others step up.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought this was our most important recruit because he was in the post where we desperately need help. I don't know if McGhee Or Carmichael are ready for the SEC or not. We might have to go small and put someone like Reese in the post who can shoot the three and at least stretch the defense out a little.

I want UT Sports to be succesful, but if he has a history of discipline issues, are you sure you want him on the team? These men need to know that talent doesn't trump attitude and actions. Has UT Basketball reached a level of taking these risk just to have a W?

NCAA approved because of the heat they are under, SEC is not......enough said.

Go Vols!!!

I wonder if there is a precedent for this? Has the SEC previously denied a transfer, whom the NCAA cleared, for disciplinary issues ?

Reactions: 3 people
Mostella will be denied next. Watch.

url-20.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Seemed to be trending this way, same for Mostella, that's the risk you run taking kids with issues unfortunately.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Mostella already was cleared by the SEC. I was under the impression that he was awaiting word from the NCAA clearinghouse.

Is it too late to add another walk-on or sign a lower division player or something? It will be hard to even practice with this situation.

Where do we go from here as far as finding more help down low?... all we have is Mcghee, Carmichael, and Owens who is very thin.. hope we get Mostella that would be terrible to lose him also.

What a joke of a denial. The SEC has no problem with high profile schools giving convicted criminals second chances, but a player who is crucial to our basketball program gets denied even after NCAA clearance.

VN Store

Back