Eric Gray top 10 to watch 2020

Ah he did show up in a couple of the games against our weaker opponents. I think he does have what it takes to explode a few games, but he shouldn’t be on any heisman lists jut yet. Here’s to hoping we have an explosive offense and hard nose defense next year...

Ah he did show up in a couple of the games against our weaker opponents. I think he does have what it takes to explode a few games, but he shouldn’t be on any heisman lists jut yet. Here’s to hoping we have an explosive offense and hard nose defense next year...

I agree this adulation is premature. Now, when he does something vs Okla and and Uf, we'll know.

Eric Gray named one of ten ‘players to watch’ for 2020
Oh boy, things are getting interesting with Eric Gray.
I think with him, and the running backs returning, along who is coming in we are loaded folks.
We’re in no way loaded at running back. We have some pretty good guys there, and I think the coaches did a nice job adding Whitehead and Hodge to some size/strength at the position. So we can be good and surely improved at the running back position, but we’re nowhere near “loaded”. Loaded at the position is when we had Lewis, Henry and Stephens or Hayden and Stewart or Cobb and Webb.

We’re in no way loaded at running back. We have some pretty good guys there, and I think the coaches did a nice job adding Whitehead and Hodge to some size/strength at the position. So we can be good and surely improved at the running back position, but we’re nowhere near “loaded”. Loaded at the position is when we had Lewis, Henry and Stephens or Hayden and Stewart or Cobb and Webb.
Tennessee will be damn good at running back in 2020

Pump the brakes just a little bit e'erybody, he had his breakout game against Vandy ... that had already put their season to bed 3 weeks before our game with them. Go over a 100 yards against Bama, UGA, and UF and we'll have something.

I mean I agree for the most part. But Lewis/Henry/Stephens is so, so unfair. That's not loaded. That's unprecedented depth. I think you can be loaded and not measure up to that. But this is all a bit premature.

Pump the brakes just a little bit e'erybody, he had his breakout game against Vandy ... that had already put their season to bed 3 weeks before our game with them. Go over a 100 yards against Bama, UGA, and UF and we'll have something.
I will have to agree with this statement. He had a outstanding game but the Candy Vandy D should not be the measuring stick. Another year in the weight room plus five or ten pounds of muscle and we will see what he has for next year.

Him going over 100 yrds or and number of yrds depends on how well the OL can get him to the second level. Or if he goes outside, he will need a block or two the spring him. The best backs ever, can look sorta ordinary if they don't have blocks "to turn them loose". The real proof of his ability, or any back's for that matter, shows best when they get free of the first level of a defense. Then we know.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think next year, we will rely heavily on the running game and smash mouth defense. We will be in every game we play next year, we just gotta see if this coaching staff can lead us to victory.

I mean I agree for the most part. But Lewis/Henry/Stephens is so, so unfair. That's not loaded. That's unprecedented depth. I think you can be loaded and not measure up to that. But this is all a bit premature.

Actually, it’s rare, but not unprecedented, depth for Tennessee at the running back position. Charlie Garner, Aaron Hayden, and Little Man Stewart, all of whom went on to productive NFL careers, shared the position in 1992-93. Jay Graham and Mose Phillips also saw playing time at running back on the ’93 and ’94 teams.

Gray certainly has more to prove on the field against better competition, but the guy did break Jamal's freshman RB record for yards in a game. That record stood for quite some time. EG has a bright future ahead. GBO!

We’ve had several situations where we essentially had 2-3 all-sec type players on the team at the same time. IMHO, that’s “loaded”, as is the situation at Georgia almost every year, and Alabama most years. Perhaps our definition of loaded is a little different

And for the record, I think we’re gonna have a good situation at running back, 3-4 good SEC running backs who are pretty proven, and we’ll had a couple or 3 young guys, 2 of which we give us some diversity of talent/ability with their size.

Reactions: 08Vol and LittleVol
I mean look who u are comparing them too. Just becuase they are not alltime greats doesnt mean we are not loaded. Jordan, Chandler, and Gray could start on any SEC team except UGA and Bama. Not many SEC teams have 3 guys in the rb room who have had 100yard games, thats pretty loaded. At the very least its one of the top 3-4 rb groups in the league.

VN Store

Back