Eric Gray SEC Freshman Football Player of the Week

FRESHMAN
Eric Gray, RB, Tennessee

• Finished with 246 rushing yards and three touchdowns in Tennessee's 28-10 win over Vanderbilt.
  • His 246 rushing yards are the fifth-most in Tennessee history and the most ever by a true freshman.
  • His rushing total is also the most by an SEC running back this season and the eighth-most overall in the nation.
  • Gray had a 94-yard touchdown rush, which is the second-longest in Tennessee history and tied for the 10th longest in SEC history.
  • The 94-yard rush is the longest run in the SEC this season and second-longest in the nation in 2019.
  • He also had touchdown runs of 56 yards and four yards.

FRESHMAN
Eric Gray, RB, Tennessee

• Finished with 246 rushing yards and three touchdowns in Tennessee's 28-10 win over Vanderbilt.
  • His 246 rushing yards are the fifth-most in Tennessee history and the most ever by a true freshman.
  • His rushing total is also the most by an SEC running back this season and the eighth-most overall in the nation.
  • Gray had a 94-yard touchdown rush, which is the second-longest in Tennessee history and tied for the 10th longest in SEC history.
  • The 94-yard rush is the longest run in the SEC this season and second-longest in the nation in 2019.

I am loving that UT is being talked about, not sure what next year will bring, but if you look at Georgia and Bama and the performance of Fromm and UGA's offense and Bama's Defense........its worth mentioning that Pruitt has impacted two powerhouses

It was well earned and very well deserved!

CONGRATS to EG!!!

He's a true freshman so he needed time to learn the playbook and for our coaches to be sure he was on top of his blocking assignments too.

The future on the hill is slowly but surely getting brighter.

VFL...GBO!!!

ESPN hates us and we hate ESPN
I have had no love for ESPN since the "trailer park" comment. AT&T/Disney are losing money with them today. I was in hope that some other Network whoul provide better competition, but I guess no other organization i willing to lose the money they do.

Reactions: Ref4Life
FRESHMAN
Eric Gray, RB, Tennessee

The 94-yard rush is the longest run by a FRESHMAN RB in SEC HISTORY!

And when ESPN was recapping the weekend's best performances there was no mention of EG. Just stupid.

More proof of how much ESPN hates Tennessee. Eric turned in one of the top performances of the entire weekend and crickets from those bastards. Ok, hate Tennessee if you must but at least respect the athletes.

It is hard to compete with someone like JK Dobbins running for 211/4TD. Gray's time will come.

I mean 246/3TD is pretty darn close.

I know it was against Vandy but it was a breakout performance for the freshman.

Last edited:
More proof of how much ESPN hates Tennessee. Eric turned in one of the top performances of the entire weekend and crickets from those bastards. Ok, hate Tennessee if you must but at least respect the athletes.
TN isn't making a big bowl or in any sort of contention for a championship.. ESPN could care less. At the end of 2019 the biggest story for UT will still be the Ga State loss sadly.

Dobb
I mean 246/3TD is pretty darn close.

I know it was against Vandy but it was a breakout performance for the freshman.
Dobbins was going to get all the publicity after 4TDs vs Michigan. Gray has the potential to a great SEC back. Chandler also looked great early (career) then fell off into oblivion. GBO.

VN Store

Back