Eric Gray may be our kryponite in future recruiting

I’ll remember. Course I also remember Pete Panuska and Moses Collins.

Who can forget Pete taking the KO to the house in the Sun Bowl?

Also, I can still hear this fan in section W yelling, "Moses. Lead us to the promised land!"

Reactions: butchna
Eric Gray was better than average during his time here. I also think he will have a great year at Oklahoma, but he will still only be so good. Teams don't run or play defense in the Big 12. If you run too much you will fall behind. He will average well pet touche, just would be surprised if he gets enough of a workload to truly display himself.

Reactions: JRich
I hate to say this, but I think Eric Gray will have an amazing year at Oklahoma (possibly Heisman candidate worthy). This is the worst thing that could happen for us because future recruits especially top RB's will see this and see how a RB at Tennessee can be average, but then turn into a star after transferring to a program like Oklahoma
I don't understand how you all think stuff carries over from one staff to the next.

I hate to say this, but I think Eric Gray will have an amazing year at Oklahoma (possibly Heisman candidate worthy). This is the worst thing that could happen for us because future recruits especially top RB's will see this and see how a RB at Tennessee can be average, but then turn into a star after transferring to a program like Oklahoma
Meh... we'll see. Bryce Brown didn't do so well after transferring. Honestly, I would expect him to do well and put up big numbers in the Big 12, but there hasn't been a RB from that conference in serious contention for the Heisman in a long time. Everyone knows the weaknesses of that conference.

No one we are recruiting will care. There are simply to many extenuating circumstances around why they all left. a few thoughts:

1. Completely different offense
2. Completely different coaching staff
3. IF we put up solid or better offensive numbers future recruits will look at RB production and style to gauge themselves in the offense
4. Are our RBs getting paid via NIL deals? (This may be the "X" factor for a lot of recruits and everyone is in the wild west now; who knows)

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back