Eric Gray may be our kryponite in future recruiting

GBOplayer

I hate to say this, but I think Eric Gray will have an amazing year at Oklahoma (possibly Heisman candidate worthy). This is the worst thing that could happen for us because future recruits especially top RB's will see this and see how a RB at Tennessee can be average, but then turn into a star after transferring to a program like Oklahoma

I’m not sure who will be our featured back, but I think our RBs will have a much better year this year. Actually having the threat of a passing game for a change should open up some opportunities for them. Gray will have to share carries with another good back at OU.

Gray is a good running back with a lot of upside. Nevertheless, his experience at Oklahoma will probably look a lot like his experience here.

No matter what he does there you really can't validly compare the programs he will have experienced. The program he attended at UT is no longer here. I think any future recruiting propaganda attempting to link what will exist at UT in the future under Heupel with what he experienced in the past at UT will be, largely, invalid.

He will have an amazing year at Oklahoma but I don't see how it effects our recruiting and TN. TN has a new staff in which he has never played under so... lol

Reactions: jonnon111
I hate to say this, but I think Eric Gray will have an amazing year at Oklahoma (possibly Heisman candidate worthy). This is the worst thing that could happen for us because future recruits especially top RB's will see this and see how a RB at Tennessee can be average, but then turn into a star after transferring to a program like Oklahoma

Few players care about playing for a team. Few recruits at look at Tennessee/Florida/Alabama and think “I want to play for that school because they put talent in the NFL”.

Most recruits come to play for a coach, in a scheme. They look at Alabama and say “I’d like to play for coach Saban because his offensive scheme puts players in the NFL”.

EG winning a heisman reflects poorly on the previous staff and not much further.

I hate to say this but horseshat! Conjecture at it's finest. It's unbelievable some of the threads that get started. If you hated to say it, then why say it? Jeez.

I see your argument but I don't think so. That mill stone is too easily hanged around Pruitt's neck. His philosophy of football and limitations on the O suppressed the talent of lots of players. His insane devotion to JG made it even worse.

RB recruits for good or ill will see what the current group does under Heupel.

VN Store

Back