Eric Gray just muffed a punt for OU

This is called fandom. What a few people post on a message board won’t make us look any certain way. It’s expected for there to be some bad blood when these kids hit the road faster than a kardasian marriage. Truthfully…it makes my heart happy to see them not succeed elsewhere.
Yep

Plus MOST transfers move on because they lose their job one way or the other. That or they are trying to “move up” from FCS or from non-power 5. It’s usually moving up or for playing time but all of our transfers were starting in the SEC. What happened at TN had more of a “abandon the sinking ship” feel when they were part of the reason for the ship to sink.

I was glad Gray fumbled because I was pulling for OSU.

Facts are the 3 that transferred to OU really weren’t that good for them.

Reactions: savannahfan
Can we stop hating on every kid who transfers out like they urinated on the T at midfield before leaving? It makes our fans look ridiculous to turn around and embrace kids who transfer in like they suddenly had a epiphany about how “special” Tennessee is. It’s all about opportunity for these players, coming in and going out and no one should be throwing shade at them for their decisions. Good grief

No they can't.

Some of these guys in here appear to take it as a personal affront to their very existence if a player transfers to another program.

I was pulling for Oklahoma last night.

Guess a lot of posters gloating over that muffed punt had forgotten about all the raises Gundy got from flirting with the Vols during every coaching search.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
I’m ok with that but I hate Henry T. And there’s nothing else for it

I am in the same boat.

He could have gone to any other school and he wouldn't be much more than an afterthought like the rest of the guys that left to me.

Going to Bama is a non starter no matter what though.

I was glad Gray fumbled because I was pulling for OSU.

Facts are the 3 that transferred to OU really weren’t that good for them.

I saw Wanya Morris on the bench consoling the QB when he got sacked late and didn't get the first down......don't say he didn't contribute :)

I don’t hate on these transfers, but I sure don’t celebrate them and call them VFLs. To me they are just huge disappointments. They came here, the team and the fans invested in them and then they just quit and walked away. Maybe there is a good reason, and for the most part I hope they find success but still the word that comes to mind is disappointment.

Another thread asks your favorite Vandy memory. For me it was watching us beat the crap out of Vandy in the rain with my son. Gray ran for 300 yds and HenryT tackled everyone in sight. Then they just walked away...disappointment,

Says a whole lot!!!

Oklahoma has been overrated all season. They actually played their best game last night. I am a life long Tennessee fan and I live in Oklahoma City. I'm so glad Oklahoma State won last night.

Feel bad for the kid. He never hated on UT and he didn’t go to a bitter rival team. Not every decision that goes in a way you didn’t like is a personal insult you know.

You can simply not click on the thread 🤷🏻‍♂️
But other people, including potential recruits CAN click on the thread. I would like for them to know that Tennessee fans are better than this. Was I disappointed that Gray left? You bet! But that doesn’t mean that I am going to dance and laugh at his misfortune. Henry T….maybe.

Can we stop hating on every kid who transfers out like they urinated on the T at midfield before leaving? It makes our fans look ridiculous to turn around and embrace kids who transfer in like they suddenly had a epiphany about how “special” Tennessee is. It’s all about opportunity for these players, coming in and going out and no one should be throwing shade at them for their decisions. Good grief
Dude you think a team is about selfishness? Is it about things are good if only they’re beneficial for me personally? Is the phrase fighting for my brothers a ******** scam? The game is going in that direction.

Keep in mind, innocent people usually don’t break the rules. Follow the money!
This is true. I believe Banks, Taylor and others were a part of this hosting event also. They passed out cash, took the recruits to a "girlie" bar etc. I've not seen any evidence that these players left because they were receiving bags of cash. (Not saying they weren't). But UT didn't kick them out of school nor did they have to leave.

This is true. I believe Banks, Taylor and others were a part of this hosting event also. They passed out cash, took the recruits to a "girlie" bar etc. I've not seen any evidence that these players left because they were receiving bags of cash. (Not saying they weren't). But UT didn't kick them out of school nor did they have to leave.
Hubbs said all players that took money were gone. I find it hard to believe that he doesn’t know exactly who did. The OK 3, and ToTo are real easy to point at.

Pathetic thread to keep popping up. Y'all act like your high school gf broke up with you.
It's called being a fan. Oklahoma aggressively recruited our transfer portal. There is nothing wrong with resenting that, or with being happy to see them (along with our transfers) lose.

VolNation is just a discussion forum for Tennessee fans. It isn't church. You aren't a better person than the rest of us, just because you're quick to play the holier-than-thou role of the level-headed grown up on here.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
It's called being a fan. Oklahoma aggressively recruited our transfer portal. There is nothing wrong with resenting that, or with being happy to see them (along with our transfers) lose.

VolNation is just a discussion forum for Tennessee fans. It isn't church. You aren't a better person than the rest of us, just because you're quick to play the holier-than-thou role of the level-headed grown up on here.

Preach

No they can't.

Some of these guys in here appear to take it as a personal affront to their very existence if a player transfers to another program.

I was pulling for Oklahoma last night.

Guess a lot of posters gloating over that muffed punt had forgotten about all the raises Gundy got from flirting with the Vols during every coaching search.
But it is 100% ok to do it to a coach who does what they all do to make money if they don’t wanna leave. There is zero difference. They left so it is a bed they made.

But it is 100% ok to do it to a coach who does what they all do to make money if they don’t wanna leave. There is zero difference. They left so it is a bed they made.

What are you even talking about? Gundy?

I dont blame him for doing what he did but that doesn't mean I like it. Same as most of the players that transferred out.

Otherwise, when is the last time a head coach willingly left the Vols football program to a better job?

VN Store

Back