Eric Gray for Heisman?

GBOplayer

With the way that Eric Gray finished this season, and with our Trey Smith returning and the addition of Cade Mays, I don't see why we shouldn't consider Eric Gray as a dark horse candidate for the Heisman next year. Things are lining up for him to have a huge year next season!

With the way that Eric Gray finished this season, and with our Trey Smith returning and the addition of Cade Mays, I don't see why we shouldn't consider Eric Gray as a dark horse candidate for the Heisman next year. Things are lining up for him to have a huge year next season!
Good year? Yes. Heisman type season? Probably not

Isn't BH already our dark horse candidate? My god.

Oh... stop with the Heisman stuff. Even if he were the unquestioned best player in the country like, ahem, a past UT QB... the Heisman voters aren't going to give a Vol the Heisman. The Heisman is PURE politics. In any year, there are 30 or 40 worthy players.

How about Trey Smith for Heisman?

Over the past decade, QBs have been the winner of the Heisman with a couple of RBs (Henry & Ingram) sprinkled in. So, in order for EG to win, the past decade has shown the winner needs to be on a Naty contender. Manziel & Lamar Jackson would be the only exceptions of guys who weren’t on contenders. I don’t see that happening in 2020 for UT. We appear to be an 8-4 or 9-3 type of team IMO.

brakes.gif

If Eric Gray is rushing for 28 TDs in his junior year like the last RB to win the Heisman, maybe.

Considering 3/4 rushing TDs and literally half of his season rushing yards came against Vanderbilt, I wouldn't say that there's any indication that he will ever hit those types of numbers at the moment.

VN Store

Back