Eric Berry

I think we have a great chance with Donald. I think he is just going through the process for his mom and making sure UT is right for him.

I think we have a great chance with Donald. I think he is just going through the process for his mom and making sure UT is right for him.

I think it is the same thing with Donald, he has been to ut a couple of times and is just going through the process like berry. I hope I am wrong but it looks like berry to georgia right now.

Yeah, if you read his comments comparing his visit to UT and his visit to UGA, he didn't seem to care much for UGA and was blown away by UT. He said UT's atmosphere was better and alot louder amongst other things.

hvwarrior is right. Berry's interview about his Georgia visit was one of the least enthusiastic I've ever seen. He actually seemed disappointed. In contrast, he seemed blown away by his Tennessee visit. Barring something unexpected, I think he will be a Vol.

Talked to a couple of georgia high school coaches that said he is just going through the process and will be a GA commit. This may be total BS. I hope he ends up at UT of course.

dont discount the Rod Garner factor, he may be the best recruiter in the nation, so when he sets his sights on a player, esp one from the state of Georgia, he doesnt lose many

I think they may. He has said that he will go back for an official when they play UGA. He may just be going to see the Dawgs though.

dont discount the Rod Garner factor, he may be the best recruiter in the nation, so when he sets his sights on a player, esp one from the state of Georgia, he doesnt lose many

forgive me if this is a silly question, but who is this rod garner that you speak of?

you cant really fault garner, wasnt he from georgia? Kid, he was the ace recruiter that landed the vols a ton of talent before bolting to UGA

you cant really fault garner, wasnt he from georgia? Kid, he was the ace recruiter that landed the vols a ton of talent before bolting to UGA

Gotcha. That is very unfortunate to hear.

Are we implying that trooper is not in the same caliber as this garner fella? I've heard many people on this board say with confidence that trooper can seal the deal, but last year's class doesn't speak volumes.

Garner has been at it longer and he pretty much concentrates on recruiting while I think Trooper is actually trying to work his way up through the position coach ranks to get himself in position for a coordinator/head coaching opportunity.

This is a quote from new 2008 RB commit from Georgia, Poole...

"I'm sure I'll hear from some fans that think I should go to Georgia, but I love Tennessee," Poole said. "Like I said, it's a great fit for me. The coaches have really made me feel like they want me. I've been to games at Georgia and Tennessee and Georgia doesn't really compare."

just to let everyone know, Berrys team won 33-14 on friday, he had 4 TDs and 185 rushing yards on 10 carries

VN Store

Back