Enough With The Investigation.

GoodlettsvilleVol

This "Internal Probe" has gone on for long enough.

How long has it been? Look, certainly the administration has gotten to the bottom of whatever was wrong. There could not have been that many people involved. Talk to whoever you have to and end this thing!

Wrap it up and send it off to the notoriously slow NCAA but get the thing over with. This is taking too long from our end. We are creating our own misery.

Opposing coaches are using this against us on the recruiting trail.

The ADs foot dragging is causing us enough agony.

Get the investigation over!

Enough!

Last edited:

How long has it been for? Look, certainly the administration has gotten to the bottom of whatever was wrong. There could not have been that many people involved. Talk to whoever you have to and end this thing!

Wrap it up and send it off to the notoriously slow NCAA but get the thing over with. This is taking too long from our end. We are creating our own misery.

Enough!

late August or early September now the projection...

I say we send a memo to the NCAA with 3 lines of text:
"We took a bowl ban in 2020 for our coaches/booster's actions"
"We are Paid-In-Full"
"See Ya NCAA"
We all know that the NCAA that exists today will not be the same "Entity" that exists in 5 years. The Supreme Court and NIL has changed that forever. How could the NCAA possibly enforce any penalty they might put upon us (or LSU basketball)?

How long has it been? Look, certainly the administration has gotten to the bottom of whatever was wrong. There could not have been that many people involved. Talk to whoever you have to and end this thing!

Enough!

It is likely that they are intentionally "dragging it out" and will release an update/findings at a more opportune time. It's slow time for football news right now and any update now would dominate the news cycles. If I were the AD, I would either wait until the Olympics were underway or the middle of the season when people are distracted to release the findings.

Reactions: volsknx

Enough!

It's called "billable time" lawyers will be lawyers. May take another 3-6 mos.

Last time I saw Danny White speak on it, about a month ago, he said no projection. Maybe I missed something more recent.

that is not a "public" projection. it has been moving, from July to early August to early September. I suspect if asked, public response would still be no projection

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
It's called "billable time" lawyers will be lawyers. May take another 3-6 mos.

it seems the outside lawyers are not doing all that much right now but perhaps responding to Tennessee inquiries. I think its mostly UT internal that is still working it or finalizing it. Whatever they are doing.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
It is likely that they are intentionally "dragging it out" and will release an update/findings at a more opportune time. It's slow time for football news right now and any update now would dominate the news cycles. If I were the AD, I would either wait until the Olympics were underway or the middle of the season when people are distracted to release the findings.

meanwhile, they are getting hammered in recruiting while they "drag it out".

it seems the outside lawyers are not doing all that much right now but perhaps responding to Tennessee inquiries. I think its mostly UT internal that is still working it or finalizing it. Whatever they are doing.
This. They are trying to determine how hard to come down on themselves in the self reporting. I would imagine they have a team researching several other NCAA cases and self reporting to determine the best action to take. At this point the NCAA is waiting on UT to make a move, which I’ve heard will be before the first football game.

that is not a "public" projection. it has been moving, from July to early August to early September. I suspect if asked, public response would still be no projection
So basically rumor-conjecture, nothing official. I have no problem with that, I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed some announcement.

So basically rumor-conjecture, nothing official. I have no problem with that, I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed some announcement.

there will be nothing official until they announce their findings / impositions. there is nothing official in White saying no idea when. Plowman said a week or so in Jamuary

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
I am all for just simply doing away with NCAA completely. They can not manage themselves, or participating schools. Their death grip they have had on college sports should come to a stop.

There have been people here who had insider contacts.

None have had as many reliable ones or the accuracy % of Larry's. No one will ever have perfectly accurate "insider" knowledge because things change. A kid who tells the staff he's theirs will commit to someone else the next morning. Processes like this one will develop faster or slower than expected at a particular time. A player might heal faster or slower than an insider says on a board like this.

All insiders are subject to the information they share changing by the time they share it.

However Larry DOES have contacts with people in and around the program. He's proven it many times.

None have had as many reliable ones or the accuracy % of Larry's. No one will ever have perfectly accurate "insider" knowledge because things change. A kid who tells the staff he's theirs will commit to someone else the next morning. Processes like this one will develop faster or slower than expected at a particular time. A player might heal faster or slower than an insider says on a board like this.

All insiders are subject to the information they share changing by the time they share it.

However Larry DOES have contacts with people in and around the program. He's proven it many times.

But does he know this guy???
Just adding some humor. Larry, thx & keep up the good G2

Attachments

• 20210720_101355.jpg
    20210720_101355.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: sjt18

Like I said, I don't have a problem with him sharing what he's heard, I just wanted to be sure I had not missed some official announcement. Doug Matthews has been saying the internal investigation was over for several weeks, he's knows people too. IDK what to believe, but I appreciate people sharing what they hear. I'll be glad to hear something from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:
Like I said, I don't have a problem with him sharing what he's heard, I just wanted to be sure I had not missed some official announcement. Doug Matthews has been saying the internal investigation was over for several weeks, he's knows people too. IDK what to believe, but I appreciate people sharing what they hear. I'll be glad to hear something from the horse's mouth.
Me too.

I think Larry is too negative and pessimistic at times. I think it occasionally shades how he shares what he's heard. That said, he's been one of the few whose sources have credibility.

I don't listen to Matthews for the same reason I wouldn't listen to Larry if he had a radio show. Even if what they report is true to what they were told... things change and sometimes that insider simply misconstrues what they hear. That happened a lot during the coach searches. Someone would hear something, interpret it, then spread it to usually reliable guys like Matthews. Good sources do not always produce good info.... and too often multiple sources aren't independent of each other.

Programs/coaches have also gotten much better at information control.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

VN Store

Back