End of Season QB Transfer?

Shrout stays and Guarantano transfers to leave UT with Bailey, Hill and Maurer at the quarterback position in 2020.

But you’re not a master evaluater or QB whisperer are you? If so I’m really confused, because we’ve already been told BM is the future by 2 guys that have never been wrong
BM is the future.

3 guys now

It's kinda a good thing if they do. That means they feel Maurer is clearly the starter and that means he is getting it done.

Does anyone other than myself think that they should play Shrout in a game to see what he offers in actual play before he up and transfers. Using practice as the only measure of a player's talent may not be all that wise.
I’d love to see him firmly take the number 2 spot behind Maurer.

“Not nearly” the weapons doesn’t mean “no” weapons. All of his receivers went D2. No one else went on to college. Competition level looks to be about the same if you ask me given Marietta just faced a team from BMs division just this past Friday night. They gave Marietta all they could handle ranked 71. That “weak competition” argument now holds no weight. Florida HS football as a whole is more competitive than any other state in the nation.

No they didn’t give Marietta all they could handle. It was 31-10 in the 4th and coach took out most of the starting D because of Personal fouls and cheap shot by the butt hurt #2 7a team in FLA. They scored two TDs late on our JV to make it 23-39. That game should have in the 50-10 range if the Wrs would have caught those 2 dropped TDs.
Sorry didn’t mean to interrupt carry on!

No they didn’t give Marietta all they could handle. It was 31-10 in the 4th and coach took out most of the starting D because of Personal fouls and cheap shot by the butt hurt #2 7a team in FLA. They scored two TDs late on our JV to make it 23-39. That game should have in the 50-10 range if the Wrs would have caught those 2 dropped TDs.
Sorry didn’t mean to interrupt carry on!
When you’re ranked 23 in the nation and #71 times to town the score should be lop sided no matter when the second string took the field. A 16 point victory over a team ranked 48 spots behind you isn’t impressive at all. That either says Marietta is ranked too high or Edgewater is ranked too low. Pick one.

With roughly over 22000 teams in america, the difference between #23 and #71 are not that great.

I came by that number of teams by dividing the total number of players (over 1,1oo,ooo) by 50 (average on a team roughly, my average).

With roughly over 22000 teams in america, the difference between #23 and #71 are not that great.

I came by that number of teams by dividing the total number of players (over 1,1oo,ooo) by 50 (average on a team roughly, my average).
Right. The difference is a player or 2, a unit and/or simple matchups. Which is why every year a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked one. Maybe one teams strength happens to line up with the higher ranked teams weaknesses. But a 48 spot difference should spell “a$$ whipping” no matter what. The weakness of a team ranked 48 spots ahead of you should be equal to the lower ranked teams strength.

I wasn’t referring to only him. The kid just went out and put an egg on the faces of everyone that doubted him and yet after throwing for over 250 yards on arguably the best defense in college football he’s still “below” HB? I just don’t get.

And that is with only two weeks preparing a game plan for him with the 1's. If I understand the practices the two backups had no snaps with 1st string offense, prior to that time

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
And that is with only two weeks preparing a game plan for him with the 1's. If I understand the practices the two backups had no snaps with 1st string offense, prior to that time
I wouldn’t say none but certainly not enough to develop any chemistry. I personally think it would be a huge mistake to hit the reset button and go to another freshman qb next year regardless of how the rest of this season goes. Especially when the qb being benched has the amount of upside that dwarfs the upside of the qb replacing him.

Right. The difference is a player or 2, a unit and/or simple matchups. Which is why every year a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked one. Maybe one teams strength happens to line up with the higher ranked teams weaknesses. But a 48 spot difference should spell “a$$ whipping” no matter what. The weakness of a team ranked 48 spots ahead of you should be equal to the lower ranked teams strength.
With there being literally 5 digits of highschools i would say 25 thro 100 is probably a coin toss on who wins.

VN Store

Back