End of Season QB Transfer?

Here's my take. HB said he welcomes competition. So having BM as the starter shouldn't faze him. However, if BM improves and shows the rest of the season he should be the starter, then I think HB will go somewhere else. It's too early to tell at this point. Let's at least wait and see what he does against MSU. We know he'll struggle against bama, but will it be mostly him or the OF and play calling. If he somehow beats alabubba, or shows out, f'm all and we have our guy.

Reactions: LittleVol
Here's my take. HB said he welcomes competition. So having BM as the starter shouldn't faze him. However, if BM improves and shows the rest of the season he should be the starter, then I think HB will go somewhere else. It's too early to tell at this point. Let's at least wait and see what he does against MSU. We know he'll struggle against bama, but will it be mostly him or the OF and play calling. If he somehow beats alabubba, or shows out, f'm all and we have our guy.

Agreed

Wasn’t Swain all Guarantano before the season? Why would he argue FOR you?
Not “for” me. He’s been quoted several times saying he feels BM showed enough that he’s obviously a gamer and believes him to be the qb of not only now but a qb to build a team around for the future.

Not “for” me. He’s been quoted several times saying he feels BM showed enough that he’s obviously a gamer and believes him to be the qb of not only now but a qb to build a team around for the future.
Kinda like he’s the type. Not exactly declaring him as THE GUY. What are his thoughts on Bailey? Has he said he’s gone because he’ll never play like those two guys on this board?

Kinda like he’s the type. Not exactly declaring him as THE GUY. What are his thoughts on Bailey? Has he said he’s gone because he’ll never play like those two guys on this board?
He’s not going to express concern about Bailey on a radio show Butchna. That would set off panic for recruiting as whole. But when he says BM is the qb of the future and we should build around HIM. That pretty much says it all. And that should satisfy those of you that criticize those with the same opinions on a message board. He’s a VFL and an ex receiver, so it’s safe to assume he knows a qb when he sees one. If he’s not enough.....Ben McGee feels the same way.

Reactions: LittleVol
He’s not going to express concern about Bailey on a radio show Butchna. That would set off panic for recruiting as whole. But when he says BM is the qb of the future and we should build around HIM. That pretty much says it all. And that should satisfy those of you that criticize those with the same opinions on a message board. He’s a VFL and an ex receiver, so it’s safe to assume he knows a qb when he sees one. If he’s not enough.....Ben McGee feels the same way.
Did he say that he WAS the QB of the future? Or that he COULD be that? In any case, he’s a VFL, former WR...radio host. Ben’s a radio host. That show isn’t inverse to causing waves...they were ground zero on the Mack Crowder gut punch allegation. It does say it all...they have OPINIONS. Not sure why you’re having problems with this.

This is how I feel too. This is why you and I are getting so much backlash about this.

They're afraid we may lose Bailey if enough "negative" talk continues.
And then Ojukiar, Gilbert, and now we're recruiting White as well. We may get none of them if Bailey jumps ship.

Not “for” me. He’s been quoted several times saying he feels BM showed enough that he’s obviously a gamer and believes him to be the qb of not only now but a qb to build76 a team around for the future.
5he 6666666666666666666666666u666666666666666666666 game 6or
Jjjj6

This is how I feel too. This is why you and I are getting so much backlash about this.

And then Ojukiar, Gilbert, and now we're recruiting White as well. We may get none of them if Bailey jumps ship.
You’re getting backlash (and the requisite D4H comparison) because you’re stating your opinions as facts and taking umbrage at any counter. I’m right and if you don’t believe me? Just ask me! Always gets that VN response. Your partner maintains this is his first rodeo on this board and expresses shock...you have no excuse. 😏

Wanna argue with Swain? Call in tomorrow.
I’ve got more important things to do than argue with someone on their “opinion “,
But when they relay their “opinions “ as if it’s fact, then I am going to say it’s getting deep, and call BS.
Take it how ever you want, I really don’t care!
I think we all want the same thing, to have a legit QB battle between 2 competent ones and not ones bad but the others are worse.

Reactions: cbatey1 and butchna

That’s been my point all along. Of coarse I got called a conspiracy theorist but hey.... Pruitt isn’t stupid. He wants as many qbs as possible in competition next year and rightfully so. Starting BM was risky in the possibility of not only losing HB but others as well along with JG bringing the total to 3 vs the 5 he expected. My opinion is he knew all along BM was the best qb on the roster but the reward of starting him didn’t outweigh the cost in a year of low expectations.

I’ve got more important things to do than argue with someone on their “opinion “,
But when they relay their “opinions “ as if it’s fact, then I am going to say it’s getting deep, and call BS.
Take it how ever you want, I really don’t care!
I think we all want the same thing, to have a legit QB battle between 2 competent ones and not ones bad but the others are worse.
You’re right. We are all after the same common goal. Just different opinions of how to get there. My point was simply that I’m not alone in mine.

Truth is Butchna we all have opinions even after facts are presented. For example if I said Peyton and you said Tom, both arguments hold weight correct? Why? Because we’ve all seen the product on the field from both. At that point we are arguing facts vs facts but the opinions never change. What people are having a hard time wrapping their head around is I’m not saying HB isn’t good. I’m been quoted saying he’s very good in fact. But that doesn’t mean he’s better than BM simply because the ranking (from a totally different class I might add) said so. Especially from a bunch of guys that clearly have no idea what THEY are looking at.

Who’d want to transfer into HERE short of being guaranteed the starting job? Hill isn’t exactly unproven. Started several games over two seasons.

Not sure a juco or grad transfer will find too many programs with an easier path to a starting job than UT next year. Guess it all depends on how Maurer develops the remainder of this year.

As for Hill, he clearly wasn't good enough to hold the job at Maryland much like JG couldn't hold it here. Granted, the video evidence I've been able to find on him is limited, but what I saw certainly shouldn't be enough to scare off a grad transfer looking for one more year as a potential starter.

Not sure a juco or grad transfer will find too many programs with an easier path to a starting job than UT next year. Guess it all depends on how Maurer develops the remainder of this year.

As for Hill, he clearly wasn't good enough to hold the job at Maryland much like JG couldn't hold it here. Granted, the video evidence I've been able to find on him is limited, but what I saw certainly shouldn't be enough to scare off a grad transfer looking for one more year as a potential starter.
Guess we’ll see. Don’t see the easy path myself.

Reactions: 1vol8
Just a thought. If Mauer is the starting QB the rest of the way this year, baring injury, I think that Guarantano and Shrout both may transfer to get playing time. I don't see Shrout sticking around with a younger QB starting unless he just loves Tennessee Football and want's to play second fiddle. That would leave us with only Maurer and true Freshmen Bailey plus Hill as scholarship QB's.
Yall act like Bailey is already on campus.

Unless this team turns it around none of our recruits are safe.

Ok. First, it would leave us with Maurer, Bailey and Hill if the other 2 guys transfer. How many backup qb's do you want? And how many do you want to stick around just to be backups their entire career? It's the nature of the beast at this position. QB's transfer out of programs across the country every year for P.T. somewhere else. As long as the best one stays, who cares?

QB's get hurt!

VN Store

Back