Emmanuel Moseley

I’d like to point out that Butch Jones spotted both Mosely and Cam Sutton and called the shot on both of them. I know we don’t like to say it but Butch was right on the money with a handful of overlooked talents. He was very wrong in other areas, but I’m just sayin.

I’d like to point out that Butch Jones spotted both Mosely and Cam Sutton and called the shot on both of them. I know we don’t like to say it but Butch was right on the money with a handful of overlooked talents. He was very wrong in other areas, but I’m just sayin.
Cam Sutton was committed under Dooley.

Last edited:
Its funny how Butch recruited guys now balling in the NFL, but when they are here - they are referred to as Butch's recruits and their "soft". The NFL seems to have figured out how to get the most of Butch's recruits, maybe our coaches need to go visit with the NFL coaches at their OTAs and mandatory mini camps to pick their brain. It used to be a common practice to go visit with NFL coaches and their practices. Not sure if college coaches still do that or not.

Blanket statements are so cool. Not all of the players Butchie recruited were bad players. Out of 5 recruits one coach could make 1 bad pick, another coach could make 2 bad picks. The successful coaches make the least mistakes consistently, the not good coaches make more mistakes consistently. Butch would be the latter of the two examples.

EM, Tuttle, Phillips all made NFL rosters as unstaffed FAs. Anyone else?

When Tuttle made that fumble recovery play vs VT, I thought "This guy is going to be a monster". Injuries never let him go here. I hope he balls out in the pros.

What was the “spotting” point about, then. You mean when he enrolled?

He saw and called out the specific talents of both very early in their careers, when they first got onto campus if I recall. Most were questioning the wisdom in starting 3 stars early in their careers and using as a proxy for our dearth of talent.

He saw and called out the specific talents of both very early in their careers, when they first got onto campus if I recall. Most were questioning the wisdom in starting 3 stars early in their careers and using as a proxy for our dearth of talent.
The best thing he ever did regarding Sutton was to keep him in the fold when Auburn was attempting a flip. I’ve always given Butch his due...when it’s due. Sutton had already been identified and would’ve started no matter who was the HC.

The best thing he ever did regarding Sutton was to keep him in the fold when Auburn was attempting a flip. I’ve always given Butch his due...when it’s due. Sutton had already been identified and would’ve started no matter who was the HC.

You win. Don’t care.

VN Store

Back