Emmanuel Moseley

happy for the guy. seemed to have a good game in his first start. I saw at least one PBU and that well defended play that yall have mentioned where OBJ caught it, but was out of bounds

hope he can stay healthy and keep on playing well

Reactions: Lane Train 4
I was there the day butch offered Moseley. Dude put down a super fast 40 and walla. Wasn't anything but a boney 2 star.....with speed!

Reactions: RollerVol
I was there the day butch offered Moseley. Dude put down a super fast 40 and walla. Wasn't anything but a boney 2 star.....with speed!
I think he weighed like 140 when he got to campus.
Great story. Butch didn’t have the luxury of projects. He needed more SEC ready players, particularly on the line.

Reactions: lexkyvol and McDad
We have 2 on the team but Butch recruited them,
Its funny how Butch recruited guys now balling in the NFL, but when they are here - they are referred to as Butch's recruits and their "soft". The NFL seems to have figured out how to get the most of Butch's recruits, maybe our coaches need to go visit with the NFL coaches at their OTAs and mandatory mini camps to pick their brain. It used to be a common practice to go visit with NFL coaches and their practices. Not sure if college coaches still do that or not.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Didnt he run down the Texas a&m running back and make him fumble out of the endzone. Then Dobbs drove down the field to tie up the game agter being down 21

Reactions: vollygirl
Near and Far, the Sideline brothers. I though that was a pretty good crack about the them never missing a tackle. I never thought about it that way. It is a very big defender for sure.

Its funny how Butch recruited guys now balling in the NFL, but when they are here - they are referred to as Butch's recruits and their "soft". The NFL seems to have figured out how to get the most of Butch's recruits, maybe our coaches need to go visit with the NFL coaches at their OTAs and mandatory mini camps to pick their brain. It used to be a common practice to go visit with NFL coaches and their practices. Not sure if college coaches still do that or not.
Other college coaches have figured it out too (Riley Ferguson, Peterman, Hurd, Preston Williams, etc.).

Going into the 2017 draft, there was chatter from NFL scouts about if there was "something wrong" with Alvin Kamara given that he wasn't a starter until Hurd quit despite good production. Did he have an injury, did he have a poor work ethic, was he a locker room cancer in college, etc. I remember reading those articles and thinking "No, Butch is just an idiot."

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Other college coaches have figured it out too (Riley Ferguson, Peterman, Hurd, Preston Williams, etc.).

Going into the 2017 draft, there was chatter from NFL scouts about if there was "something wrong" with Alvin Kamara given that he wasn't a starter until Hurd quit despite good production. Did he have an injury, did he have a poor work ethic, was he a locker room cancer in college, etc. I remember reading those articles and thinking "No, Butch is just an idiot."
Don’t have a problem with most of this thinking ceptin the Ferguson/Peterman talk. To embrace this means that they should’ve beat out Dobbs...and they clearly didn’t.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back