Elliot turned us down and now coaches Virginia?

He can’t afford to be as selective after this past year at Clemson

I don't think I believe that. They finally had a down year at QB who is seeming to be a bust....

Clemson had Boyd to Watson to Bryant to Lawrence to 5 star DJ. He came on on the last part of the season, but seems like Dabo and Co finally got a 5 star buster at QB after a run of studs. I mean even Kelly Bryant was capable to get them a playoff bid. DJ was just downright awful and it didn't seem to be because of coaching either. However, I think Elliot making bad move to go to Virginia. Its a no win place.

I don't think I believe that. They finally had a down year at QB who is seeming to be a bust....

Clemson had Boyd to Watson to Bryant to Lawrence to 5 star DJ. He came on on the last part of the season, but seems like Dabo and Co finally got a 5 star buster at QB after a run of studs. I mean even Kelly Bryant was capable to get them a playoff bid. DJ was just downright awful and it didn't seem to be because of coaching either. However, I think Elliot making bad move to go to Virginia. Its a no win place.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but….

Miami is finally going to do what they should been doing to the ACC all along sometime in the next 3 years. The Coastal will now be Miami’s division. UVA can compete, but in 3 years everyone will be playing for second in the division .

Reactions: JMSqb11
Thank the lord he didn’t take our job. To me…the fact that green would’ve considered him is insane. I still don’t understand why Tennessee doesn’t throw huge money at big names when going after a coach. I just don’t get it. You get what you pay for most of the time. If you pay a coach 8M per year (instead of 4) you’re going to have a coach that’s drawing a lot more excitement from the fan base. That extra 4M is made up and then some in a single game being a sell out. You look at what all these other schools have done getting their guys. Crazy. But back ti the point…Elliott might turn out to be great but we just have no idea amd I can’t fathom that an ad making a career defining decision would’ve ever considered a first time guy like Elliott. Bizarre.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but….

Miami is finally going to do what they should been doing to the ACC all along sometime in the next 3 years. The Coastal will now be Miami’s division. UVA can compete, but in 3 years everyone will be playing for second in the division .

Idk there’s a big hill to climb before they talk about winning the division

Idk there’s a big hill to climb before they talk about winning the division
That division is not very good; this year's Coastal champ (Pitt) is not a good program year in year out and they lose Pickett. Miami was not very good this year and came in second. They should be competing and probably winning the Coastal within a couple of seasons, especially with Cristobal.

Miami and Virginia Tech are the two programs that really "should" dominate that division, and Miami just made what looks to be the better coaching hire. I've always thought UNC should have a better football program than they do, but they are just too focused on basketball.

That division is not very good; this year's Coastal champ (Pitt) is not a good program year in year out and they lose Pickett. Miami was not very good this year and came in second. They should be competing and probably winning the Coastal within a couple of seasons, especially with Cristobal.

Miami and Virginia Tech are the two programs that really "should" dominate that division, and Miami just made what looks to be the better coaching hire. I've always thought UNC should have a better football program than they do, but they are just too focused on basketball.

I think Miami not only made a pretty good coaching hire, but I think getting Clemson’s AD on board is huge. That’s why I think they’re going to make big moves. Anything Dabo wanted he got for him. If Miami has decided to make that investment they’re going to be in great shape.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I think Miami not only made a pretty good coaching hire, but I think getting Clemson’s AD on board is huge. That’s why I think they’re going to make big moves. Anything Dabo wanted he got for him. If Miami has decided to make that investment they’re going to be in great shape.
I just can't believe their administration, which is more similar to Vandy's than Alabama's, all got on the same page that quickly.

Good for them I guess - I have never cared for Miami but the sport overall is more entertaining when they are a good program, plus they can be a thorn in the side of UF. Tennessee needs Florida St to get good again too.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I just can't believe their administration, which is more similar to Vandy's than Alabama's, all got on the same page that quickly.
I heard on the radio yesterday that on Gameday this season when Herbstreit basically embarrassed/ called out the administration at Miami for being disinterested in athletics everyone decided that something needed to change and it lit a fire under everyone’s ass.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I heard on the radio yesterday that on Gameday this season when Herbstreit basically embarrassed/ called out the administration at Miami for being disinterested in athletics everyone decided that something needed to change and it lit a fire under everyone’s ass.
Probably meant they should consider Schiano.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

However, Sports Illustrated's Richard Johnson reported a "snag" in the negotiations process Thursday afternoon.
Friday Morning Update:
Elliott returned home to Clemson on Thursday afternoon without a new job. The two sides could not come to an agreement for Elliott to be the next head coach of the Cavaliers after Elliott had some concerns about the length of potential assistant coaching contracts and Virginia’s current facilities, multiple sources told Clemson SI.

Apparently they are still talking though and Virginia is also talking with the OC from Michigan. Apparently Elliott wants to hire his own staff and Admin wants to keep some of the current staff for continuity.

However, Sports Illustrated's Richard Johnson reported a "snag" in the negotiations process Thursday afternoon.
Friday Morning Update:
Elliott returned home to Clemson on Thursday afternoon without a new job. The two sides could not come to an agreement for Elliott to be the next head coach of the Cavaliers after Elliott had some concerns about the length of potential assistant coaching contracts and Virginia’s current facilities, multiple sources told Clemson SI.

Apparently they are still talking though and Virginia is also talking with the OC from Michigan. Apparently Elliott wants to hire his own staff and Admin wants to keep some of the current staff for continuity.
That’s not what you said. Twitter rumors of a flight from Clemson to Charlottesville as I type

They threw big money at Franklin and he said no.

I’m

I have friends at Clemson, one on staff in a ST’s analyst role, they would give Elliott away if someone would take him.

I’m

I have friends at Clemson, one on staff in a ST’s analyst role, they would give Elliott away if someone would take him.

I think after where they’ve been to where they are in one year, a lot of people are that way. After all they had another 5 star at QB who showed great play last year vs ND and then laid a dud this year.

Put it this way: Say Lawrence sees writing on wall that jags will have first pick and decides to come back for senior year. Does anyone think their offense wouldn’t be a top 10-20 unit (i think they were like 80-100th, but don’t quote me) in points and yardage and a single digit win team? Of course not. I think Dabo and Elliot finally got a year where a highly rated QB went dud.

For the record, I’m not disagreeing with you. I just think Clemson people and national media are overreacting to their season since it’s first single digit win season in what seems like forever and offense fell off drastically. With that said, Tennessee has seen how a down year has cascaded into a multi year slump.

The Clemson AD arrived after Dabo was already in place. Other than supporting some construction projects and retaining a lousy men's BB coach, he hasn't done much. Don't expect him to be key to anything at Miami.

VN Store

Back