Elijah Simmons Redshirt

Great idea to redshirt B. Johnson BTW...Our receiving Corp will not be as good as this season, but it wont be anywhere near decimated....Palmer, Johnson, Gibbs, Tillman, Means, Keyton.......

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Great idea to redshirt B. Johnson BTW...Our receiving Corp will not be as good as this season, but it wont be anywhere near decimated....Palmer, Johnson, Gibbs, Tillman, Means, Keyton.......
That’s going to take a lot of growing up fast. I don’t think cHaney took advantage of the WR Corp this year. Or, he just didn’t have the QB play to make it go. Either way it needs to get solved. The concern is Palmer transferring.

Last edited:
I went through all the participation reports and found that Simmons has played in 2 games, UTC and UK. So could he technically play vs Missouri and Vandy and still redshirt? Also do bowl games count or not in regards to the 4 games?

Did Simmons just play the one play on the goal line stand where #48 & #35 made the stop to preserve the win?

On Simmons' redshirt............What does HE want to do? If he wants to play and help the team in whatever capacity, I say play him.

That’s going to take a lot of growing up fast. I don’t think cHaney took advantage of the WR Corp this year. Or, he just didn’t have the QB play to make it go. Either way it needs to get solved. The concern is Palmer transferring.
I agree about them not being able to take full advantage of the WRs, especially earlier in the season. The WRs have made the play just about every time they’ve had even a slim chance to make the catch. I think Palmer will be the go to guy next year, so I doubt he would transfer at this point, but you never know. He’s made some nice catches the last few games when he’s been given the opportunity. Hopefully the QB situation will be a little more solidified next year regardless of which guy is the starter, and Chaney can open up the playbook some more.

Did Simmons just play the one play on the goal line stand where #48 & #35 made the stop to preserve the win?
Only play I saw him in on...Coach Pruitt said he was on their goal line defense package but they just hadn't used it this year. He must have came in when Soloman got hurt

On Simmons' redshirt............What does HE want to do? If he wants to play and help the team in whatever capacity, I say play him.

It's not his decision to RS....I'm sure he'd want to play and start in every game if it were..

Last edited:
Sure...but ultimately playing time is the coaches call.
Absolutely...... I'm just saying that in certain circumstances they may have that conversation. But, yes, ultimately the HC decision.

Absolutely...... I'm just saying that in certain circumstances they may have that conversation. But, yes, ultimately the HC decision.
Then that conversation’s been long had. If he wasn’t going to be redshirted, it would have been burnt after Gooden’s season ending injury. They’ve gone to some intentional lengths to preserve a season of eligibility.

VN Store

Back