Elden Ring (PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X, PC) Coming February 25th, 2022

Use duel wield to stun lock him. He can't do anything but die. I did that for a lot of large health pool bosses, unless they've patched it.
I am dual wielding and I assume you’re referring to the first guy. The second guy (big Plessy-looking thing) stays too far away to hit.

Yeah I don’t get this and it’s pissing me off. There’s zero chance of beating the Elden Beast. I can’t get anywhere near it to hit it.

I am dual wielding and I assume you’re referring to the first guy. The second guy (big Plessy-looking thing) stays too far away to hit.

Someone made a video showing the attacks that work. I didn't have the levels this guy seems to have amassed but I used bloodhound fang and the omen cleaver and he never got away to run and snipe.

Again, that may be patched as it is pure cheese wizard stuff (my specialty) and I haven't played in a while. Individual weapon arts still might be good for locking him down even if they have.

Someone made a video showing the attacks that work. I didn't have the levels this guy seems to have amassed but I used bloodhound fang and the omen cleaver and he never got away to run and snipe.

Again, that may be patched as it is pure cheese wizard stuff (my specialty) and I haven't played in a while. Individual weapon arts still might be good for locking him down even if they have.

Ha! I was so frustrated yesterday I completely forgot about bloodhound step.

Not to throw any shade at anyone, but I beat the Elden Beast with RoB and my Mimic Tear. Took me a few tries, but man that was a good feeling once I got him. But then again I was trying my best to be a pure samurai through the whole play through.

From Soft posting about the Crucible Knights has people thinking that's where the DLC story line is going to be focused. That sounds about right. Those were some challenging fights.

From Soft posting about the Crucible Knights has people thinking that's where the DLC story line is going to be focused. That sounds about right. Those were some challenging fights.

There will probably be multiple DLCs. I would imagine the final one will focus on Miquella.

Reactions: Rifleman
Not to throw any shade at anyone, but I beat the Elden Beast with RoB and my Mimic Tear. Took me a few tries, but man that was a good feeling once I got him. But then again I was trying my best to be a pure samurai through the whole play through.
This worked for me up until NG+4 where I’m stuck now.

Reactions: Rifleman
I actually just got that recently so I like it but I haven’t learned to use it well. Even still, EB os so far away it’s hard to hit even with RoB.

I actually just got that recently so I like it but I haven’t learned to use it well. Even still, EB os so far away it’s hard to hit even with RoB.

You must be playing way too defensive with him the way you keep mentioning how far away he is.

Charge that fool. Get you a holy shield, be ready to take some licks, and charge him.

Reactions: zhangliao04
You must be playing way too defensive with him the way you keep mentioning how far away he is.

Charge that fool. Get you a holy shield, be ready to take some licks, and charge him.
I try to get to him. I’m not using a shield to block though, I’m trying to dodge roll and that’s not going well. Plus my mimic tear isn’t much help. I’ll get him through Radagon with 3/4 of his health and he’s dead in 30 seconds with the EB. My son, who’s on his 9th run now, is watching me play and he said it’s harder than it was in his first run. I don’t know if that’s true or if he’s just being nice though as he played it once with my guy and I had to stop him from killing it. It looked like he could’ve dodged its attacks for hours without getting hit. Crazy.

Hutch if you’re still struggling I have a cheat for you, but I’m going to use spoiler tags because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone else.

Try
Finger
but
hole
I’ll take a look but I’m starting to think I’m just not good enough. I ran into some dude in Dragonbarrow close to the shack at night and I can’t beat him either. I get close but something happens every single time. My shield doesn’t block (I quickly learned you can’t go without a shield), I over swing and he nails me, he’s more aggressive than the other times, something. I’m going to take a break from this game. Maug, Mallenia, the giant bug-looking thing, all of it was hard and took several tries but I eventually beat them all. It’s one thing to struggle with the final boss, and I’d say it’s expected with this game, but to struggle with some random dude in Dragonbarrow at this point in the game is frustrating.

Hutch if you’re still struggling I have a cheat for you, but I’m going to use spoiler tags because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone else.

Try
Finger
but
hole
Ok, I put my “x” where you said and it tickled but it didn’t help with the game.

RoB is a close combat weapon compared to others, but has a longish range with its special attack. I just learned the EB’s moves and how to predict where it will land and so forth. That’s what really helped me in order to get close enough to hit. It is a tough fight no doubt, though.

I’ll take a look but I’m starting to think I’m just not good enough. I ran into some dude in Dragonbarrow close to the shack at night and I can’t beat him either. I get close but something happens every single time. My shield doesn’t block (I quickly learned you can’t go without a shield), I over swing and he nails me, he’s more aggressive than the other times, something. I’m going to take a break from this game. Maug, Mallenia, the giant bug-looking thing, all of it was hard and took several tries but I eventually beat them all. It’s one thing to struggle with the final boss, and I’d say it’s expected with this game, but to struggle with some random dude in Dragonbarrow at this point in the game is frustrating.

The ball bearing hunter you are talking about is one of the hardest fights in the game. Tons of people can’t beat him straight on. So if you almost had him multiple times you’re pretty solid at the game. I eventually just used my horse to jump on the roof of the shack whenever he ran at me - this after about 25 deaths. In the end I just sniped from distance and horseback. I didn’t even try him in NG+.

Reactions: hUTch2002
RoB is a close combat weapon compared to others, but has a longish range with its special attack. I just learned the EB’s moves and how to predict where it will land and so forth. That’s what really helped me in order to get close enough to hit. It is a tough fight no doubt, though.
Yeah, practice. I used to have a lot more patience for things like this. Of course that was before 3 kids, a job that has long hours and more so I also had more time.

Reactions: zhangliao04
The ball bearing hunter you are talking about is one of the hardest fights in the game. Tons of people can’t beat him straight on. So if you almost had him multiple times you’re pretty solid at the game. I eventually just used my horse to jump on the roof of the shack whenever he ran at me - this after about 25 deaths. In the end I just sniped from distance and horseback. I didn’t even try him in NG+.
Ok, fair enough. I’m being a little harsh on myself. Most bosses in the game that I could tell were ridiculously tough at the time I just left and came back so I never had to play anyone a ton of times. I’d say the Ringleader Evergaol guy took the most tries of everyone I’ve beaten.

Hey, have you ever played Immortals Fenyx Rising? It looks decent, not at good as ER or BOTW probably but decent enough to play. Thoughts?

By the way, you should see my son play. He’s 15 and he dodges crap that blows my mind. He stands right next to that ball bearing dude that’s so hard and dodges almost every single thing the guy does. Every now and then the guy lands a hit but it’s rare. It’s unreal. He’s on his 9th run though so he’s pretty good at it.

Reactions: Aesius and Rifleman
By the way, you should see my son play. He’s 15 and he dodges crap that blows my mind. He stands right next to that ball bearing dude that’s so hard and dodges almost every single thing the guy does. Every now and then the guy lands a hit but it’s rare. It’s unreal. He’s on his 9th run though so he’s pretty good at it.

I’ve watched a few videos of people who could just dance around him but I was never able to play close to him at all. Sounds like your son is better than a lot of the content creators out there. I’ve seen that hunter wreck people who mostly play perfect.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back