Elden Ring (PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X, PC) Coming February 25th, 2022

good grief. Some of you guys.... I watched a clip where a kid went and beat the game with nothing but a bow and arrows. My mind was blown.

There are guys that know the game really, really well, and then there are guys / gals that can PLAY the game really, really well. I guess I'm learning stage rn. I still have no clue what I'm doing. Pretty sure this game should have ended by now. I'm missing stuff, and have no idea whats happening. I think I burned the tree, but I didn't complete the final boss (someone told me I would lose the round table if I did).

I'm just trying to complete everything. I got orphan NPC's and unfinished graces all over the place. I still no idea where I'm going lol. Don't really want to start over, so ... I just keep looking for new stuff while I'm leveled up.

You have roundtable access after the final boss. The main finger reader won't talk but you can still interact with her to cash in remembrances. The smith will stay though it hints that you can send him away. The two husks will still sell all the stuff so you can stock up for NG+ or hunt any bosses you missed or gave up on.

Third time through and I'm just now figuring some of the story out. The lore is crazy, complex, and fully embedded into pretty much every place in the game. I appreciate what a masterpiece the game is more every time I play.

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
It really is something. It's ridiculously rich and deep. Getting started is no fun tho, so I'm trying to keep the game going while I'm leveled up. I'm assuming the game "ends", and you have to start over. 🤷🏻‍♂️

would be really nice if they let you start + where you left off, but I guess that's not what it's supposed to be, It's supposed to be hard.

As for the lore... I got stuff going on I have no idea is actually going on. sometimes things just "happen", and I'm like... "oh.. ok. I did not know."

No que or quest line, and I'm not going to remember everything that's being said, or even understand half of it. I guess that comes with multiple play throughs. Now I gotta learn how to get those one million when I get home.

It really is something. It's ridiculously rich and deep. Getting started is no fun tho, so I'm trying to keep the game going while I'm leveled up. I'm assuming the game "ends", and you have to start over. 🤷🏻‍♂️

would be really nice if they let you start + where you left off, but I guess that's not what it's supposed to be, It's supposed to be hard.

As for the lore... I got stuff going on I have no idea is actually going on. sometimes things just "happen", and I'm like... "oh.. ok. I did not know."

No que or quest line, and I'm not going to remember everything that's being said, or even understand half of it. I guess that comes with multiple play throughs. Now I gotta learn how to get those one million when I get home.

This is the place. I didn't even start doing this until after the second playthrough and I'm level 300 now.

You can also join groups to increase rune rewards. It does cause pop ups every time someone in the group defeats a significant boss.

These Elden Ring group passwords can give you an easy Rune buff

I thought I was rocking level 165 the hard way. 🙄

edit: You CAN + start the game. I figured that would be impossible. NICE!

I'm getting close to finishing my first game. Basically I have three main bosses left, and two ways to finish the game, if I want to go for it as I understand the game at this time (it's a little confusing still). Anyway, since we are showing and telling, fightin cowboy is your go to for a first time walk through. I would not follow step by step, because it can take away from your first experience. You really should do some indie play through for at least half the game your first time. If you are stuck and need a boost tho, I would look to fightin cowboys walkthrough. Really relatable.

Reactions: Rifleman
The Draconic Tree Sentinel in Farum Azula is really tough journey 3. Not an actual boss but the strongest non-boss by far. It is interesting how some enemies seem buffed far more than others in NG+.

I had to cheese, but even the cheese option (scarlet rot bolts and arrows) wasn't easy because of his long range lighting attack and it's slow wind up.

I'm at level 185 and I cannot get through this damn haligtree. Been working through it for a week now. 😡

I feel your pain. I might have died 100 times there on my first playthrough to envoy bubbles and falling because I had done nothing but fly backwards with Bloodhound Fang up to that point. I left and ranked every ranged weapon I had that doesn't make your character move forward or back. Also arrows, bolts, dragon fire (for the ants), the stealth spell, and the hide-when-crouching talisman for when the bubbles started flying. Armor, talismans and consumables that reduce holy damage help if you have to tank a few bubbles.

So you pretty much have to approach the whole area the way you would defuse a bomb to reap those sweet rewards. I just wish envoy horns were the ICBMs for us players they are for enemies, but they are still a fun meme weapon for lower level areas.

I died less after getting past the canopy but that was more because the game had corrected my arrogance already, not because it gets any easier.

I just ran for my life through that canopy. How can bubbles hurt that much?

Now I gotta deal with these rot crickets.

those holy soldiers are a nice farm tho. racked up 200,000 every time a ran through it.

From the moment you get to Ordina Liturgical Town and open that Evergaol, to the end of the haligtree's unreal boss fight, might be my favorite stretch of gaming cruelty FromSoft has ever created.

Last edited:
THE BOOTCH WENT DOWN. The queen of rot is no more. 🤧

Now I just have to figure out what to do next. I have no idea where I'm going. HA.

Boss: I am Malenia, Blade of Miquella, and I have never known defeat.

Me: Really? Never? I've been butted off a cliff by a billy goat, crushed to death by a fancy chandelier I didn't even know was there, ran over by a large silver beach ball, jumped to my death because someone left a message saying "jump here", and I've been blown up by a baby jar warrior who looked cute but was actually a bomb. And that's just today.

I dove into Elden Ring for the first time about a month ago. The world design is amazing and the combat, while grueling in typical FromSoft fashion, is fair and addictive.

My favorite aspect of Elden Ring, though, is the exploration. There is little to no direction in the game which I find nice for a change. It’s totally up to you how you play the game. You can try rushing into Stormveil at level 20 if you’re a master of FromSoft games (which I absolutely am not) or you can grind your way up to level 60 before ever setting foot in Stormveil. With that being said, it’s really dumb that there isn’t a journal to keep track of side quests you’ve been given and completed as well as your interactions with NPC’s.

I am at level 195 now the hard way, and there is a lot left to this game, and I have NO CLUE how to get to it. I have a couple rings (2) that I haven't even found out how to "unlock" yet... like... where is the tower to unlock this? IDK. I got little squiggles all over the map telling me there is unfinished business, but, as far as I can tell, I got it all?

You just wonder around hopless and abandoned a lot... probably part of the game... but it's like being lost on the road with no map and no gps. I have to stop at the youtube station and ask directions sometimes. Really annoying.

I dove into Elden Ring for the first time about a month ago. The world design is amazing and the combat, while grueling in typical FromSoft fashion, is fair and addictive.

My favorite aspect of Elden Ring, though, is the exploration. There is little to no direction in the game which I find nice for a change. It’s totally up to you how you play the game. You can try rushing into Stormveil at level 20 if you’re a master of FromSoft games (which I absolutely am not) or you can grind your way up to level 60 before ever setting foot in Stormveil. With that being said, it’s really dumb that there isn’t a journal to keep track of side quests you’ve been given and completed as well as your interactions with NPC’s.

Yeah, I think something as simple as being able to re-read all NPC dialogue would have been a huge help. Not having to consult the internet for advice on finishing side quests would have helped immersion.

I think, what I'm going to do at this point, is set goals. I'm going to try to collect all the medallions using the wiki, and I will most likely stumble upon unlocked areas doing that.

Yeah, I think something as simple as being able to re-read all NPC dialogue would have been a huge help. Not having to consult the internet for advice on finishing side quests would have helped immersion.

It would help understanding what is going on as well. It is almost impossible on first play when you are trying to level to remember how the story progresses, and just how interrelated so much of it is.

As far as I know the NPC quests which reward Ancient Dragon Smithing stones are, easiest to hardest:

Nepheli - won’t progress to final unless I rest at Lake-Facing Cliffs then rest at Godrick the Grafted
Gostoc - 1 for sell if he’s alive and you complete Nepheli’s (harder than Nepheli because the temptation to kill him is great)
Latenna - Summon her at Apostate Derelict to get the stone - Somber version which is much rarer
Sorceress Sellen: you have to side with her enemy in battle
Millicent - Very involved and requires you to beat her 4 sisters, Malenia, and make Miquella’s Needle (this has another powerful use in Farum Azula though if you’ve gone the flame of frenzy route)

Does anyone know of any more? I think the last two might take more time than they are worth in a quick run.

Last edited:
Beat Godrick last night on about my fourteenth try. Pretty sure there is still quite a bit I’ve missed in Stormveil, though. Much more exploring to do.

Beat Godrick last night on about my fourteenth try. Pretty sure there is still quite a bit I’ve missed in Stormveil, though. Much more exploring to do.

Still one of the best great runes. I beat journey 4 on a speed run last night and Godrick’s rune was the only one I restored.

Reactions: BisonVol
Beat a few secondary bosses this weekend along with Leonine Misbegotten. Good example of me going out of order by beating Godric before him. Took me a minute to figure out how easy Leonine was to stagger, but once I did he was pretty easy.

As of Saturday night when I called it a day, I was exploring liurnia of the lakes and leveling up before going to the Rays Lucaria Academy. I still have some leveling up to do. I’ve figured out that I among those not so good players that has to be what some may consider “over leveled” before taking on a significant challenge.

VN Store

Back