Elden Ring (PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X, PC) Coming February 25th, 2022

See, OK- I had Godricks the grafted's great ruin for about 100 hours now. I didn't even know it, or what it was for. How the hell was I supposed to know what to do with it? I just found out following my youtuber instructional. I should have done this ages ago, and I had NO IDEA! How could I?

See, OK- I had Godricks the grafted's great ruin for about 100 hours now. I didn't even know it, or what it was for. How the hell was I supposed to know what to do with it? I just found out following my youtuber instructional. I should have done this ages ago, and I had NO IDEA! How could I?

4BC79511-946D-4715-A5BC-1449C83954AA.jpeg

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
I have defeated the gargoyle twins. Do not congratualte me, as I have yet to defeat the boss that comes after. WHAT KILLS THIS DUDE?! OMG.

Those tree giant things seem to be getting harder. It ALL seems to be getting harder. I didn't follow any kind of "quest line", I didn't know there was one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I went through the under ground city and wound up COMPLETELY MISSING the city it's self. Had no idea how to get in it. I went back to complete the study hall, and found out I needed to get to the city. 😵‍💫.

Had to go BACK to the underground city. I just got out a second time, but I'm CONSTANTLY finding stuff I didn't know was there. Sometimes it takes a third round. I ditched my youtuber thinking I finally had my ish together. Going it alone again. Might have been a mistake. This game is like trying to drive across country with no map or gps at thanksgiving and getting completely lost along the way. Everyone wants to kill you, everything is too expensive. You wind up driving in circles yelling and screaming. I'm hitting close to 400 hours now. Good Gravey.

Whatever those blob things are that morph into naked chicks with super powers and blood sucking maces that tear you to pieces... congrats, the most realistic thing I've ever experienced in a game. I don't know what a silver tear is, or why I need it, but I'm grabbing them.

I’ve thought about trying this again. I just don’t like how it’s so open. Like I enjoy open world games but not in a souls like game. I have literally no clue where to go no clue if I’m strong enough for this boss no clue if I’m going the right way no clue if I’m progressing in the story

It's one of those things where, there is just so much, and it's so complicated, it takes the average man or women a very long time to get into it. It's a complete time sucker. It's really made for the hard core gamers that spend all their time on home made super computers. Every button has three functions, so you are always hitting the wrong thing, and the game it's self will not let you succeed. They like to tell you it's a game of skilll, and maybe that's true for speed runners, with a fast enough computer, but I'm at level 140 now and the game will adapt and take me out on purpose if I'm too successful. It won't let me hold onto ruins anymore. It WILL take them from me. It levels up with you. There is just such a HUGE learning curve to get over, so once you get half way in you wind up spending all night, and any spare moment playing it. You have invested sooo much at that point, and all these youtuber kids are just running through things pissing you off.

At some point you refuse to be outdone. It becomes sort of addiction. A whole lot of it for me is just plain dumb luck. I just happen to be in the right spot at the right time to cheese a ridiculously hard enemy. It may take 10-12 hours to pass one challenge ( that happens a lot for me). It is a form of insanity, as you keep doing it over.... and over...... and over.... hoping that one time, maybe this time, will be the time. You really need the time to get into it. The deeper you go, the more you refuse to let go of it.

It's one of those things where, there is just so much, and it's so complicated, it takes the average man or women a very long time to get into it. It's a complete time sucker. It's really made for the hard core gamers that spend all their time on home made super computers. Every button has three functions, so you are always hitting the wrong thing, and the game it's self will not let you succeed. They like to tell you it's a game of skilll, and maybe that's true for speed runners, with a fast enough computer, but I'm at level 140 now and the game will adapt and take me out on purpose if I'm too successful. It won't let me hold onto ruins anymore. It WILL take them from me. It levels up with you. There is just such a HUGE learning curve to get over, so once you get half way in you wind up spending all night, and any spare moment playing it. You have invested sooo much at that point, and all these youtuber kids are just running through things pissing you off.

At some point you refuse to be outdone. It becomes sort of addiction. A whole lot of it for me is just plain dumb luck. I just happen to be in the right spot at the right time to cheese a ridiculously hard enemy. It may take 10-12 hours to pass one challenge ( that happens a lot for me). It is a form of insanity, as you keep doing it over.... and over...... and over.... hoping that one time, maybe this time, will be the time. You really need the time to get into it. The deeper you go, the more you refuse to let go of it.
I might try it again I’m a avid gamer top 500 in overwatch, it’s just hard to maintain that ranking in that game then play this where I have no sense of direction on where to go

Reactions: Rifleman

My experience of this game was that it was of moderate difficulty because of very strong weapons, magic and likely too powerful summons like mimic tear. My mimic strode through NG+ lazily assisted by me until the final bosses.

It also seemed fairly straightforward if you just look for and follow the very conspicuous places of grace and the directions of their light because you have a very fast horse for outdoors and can really comb over an area at a gallop. NPCs actually offer a lot of direction too for a FROM soft game. I was pleasantly surprised on this front.

The exception being a few too difficult to follow quest lines and hidden areas which are only necessary for completion of the platinum trophy, which most will not care about anyway. I think NG+ and beyond are better for pursuing trophies.

I might try it again I’m a avid gamer top 500 in overwatch, it’s just hard to maintain that ranking in that game then play this where I have no sense of direction on where to go

Very impressive! Overwatch after mid plat is very hard for me. You either have to be elite on one or two heros or really good at a bunch with great game sense and I’m never going to achieve either.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Very impressive! Overwatch after mid plat is very hard for me. You either have to be elite on one or two heros or really good at a bunch with great game sense and I’m never going to achieve either.
I am a wrecking ball player mainly! I 1 tricked him all the way to grandmaster then I learned other characters after that! Game sense is huge in that 1

It also seemed fairly straightforward if you just look for and follow the very conspicuous places of grace and the directions of their light because you have a very fast horse for outdoors and can really comb over an area at a gallop. NPCs actually offer a lot of direction too for a FROM soft game. I was pleasantly surprised on this front.

Well, maybe that was the case for you, but that's not most people. Most people walk out of the cave of knowledge, bump into the tree sentinel and go... I'll come back later, then they go up the hill and bump into stormhill castle and go.... I'll come back later. Before you know it, you are running all off trail looking for what ever you can find and trying to stay alive. Those sites of grace tend to be just off the path, so you have to go looking for them, and you don't know what you are doing until you get far into the game.

Well, maybe that was the case for you, but that's not most people. Most people walk out of the cave of knowledge, bump into the tree sentinel and go... I'll come back later, then they go up the hill and bump into stormhill castle and go.... I'll come back later. Before you know it, you are running all off trail looking for what ever you can find and trying to stay alive. Those sites of grace tend to be just off the path, so you have to go looking for them, and you don't know what you are doing until you get far into the game.

Yeah, but I feel those difficult encounters early are just good game design. It feels great when you later take down the tree sentinel and the dragon which you can encounter right off. It is much more fun exploring mysterious and actually dangerous areas to get stronger versus the typical RPG design of checking off a task list as nearly all enemies are just below your level. They can still improve a lot of things without a doubt but I think Elden Ring has changed the way games will work in the future.

The way too strong too early crucible knight in the evergaol near stormveil did break me little, but he also taught me how to beat crucible knights so I had that going for me.

Imma drop you some real. I'm on my first run. Right about 400 hrs. I went with Mage, but graduated to strength. I have 9 memories. Defeated three boses, and have 12 flasks. I get killed. A lot. I have gone through light armor, all the way to crucible armor. This is where I'm at. You will die. A lot. C4FEDAC2-1150-4268-9AC7-06EC80F50C3F.jpeg

Anyone have great power stance combos to share?

I've been messing around with power stancing the same weapon combos all through NG+. I have two of almost every weapon now and both talismans that increase attack power on successive hits, which helps. You don't need to use the exact same weapon to power stance, of course, but it looks cooler to me. I like symmetry.

Right now running two Godskin Peeler twin blades as blood weapons and it is a hilarious amount of damage. If you jump and do the power stance attack (L1) with any twin blade they just spin multiple attacks before you hit the ground. Most opponents die immediately unless they have a massive health pool.

The others I have tried so far that are OP are probably obvious:

2 x Halo Scythe (this weapon's Ash of War makes Death Birds a joke and they have bleed build up)
2 x Hand of Malenia (great for bosses)
2 x Omen Cleaver or 2x Bloodhound's Fang (curved greatswords all seem pretty strong for this)
2 x Eleonora's Poleblade (close to the Godskin Peeler and also work great paired with that weapon)
2 x Prelate's Inferno Crozier or 2 X Ghiza's Wheel (these weapons are hilarious - Crozier is especially powerful)
2 x Godskin Stitchers

Update: 2x Blood Nagakiba really feels like easy mode. The attack range of a scythe with the attack speed of a katana and crazy bleed damage.

Last edited:
I did the two handed cleaver with sword dance. Sword dance is probs my favorite. At the moment I'm rocking the gargoyle halberd +20 with black flame on quality, and juicing it with incantations. Works well when you get used to the timing. You have to get your timing down in a graceful manner for the wind up tho.

I did the two handed cleaver with sword dance. Sword dance is probs my favorite. At the moment I'm rocking the gargoyle halberd +20 with black flame on quality, and juicing it with incantations. Works well when you get used to the timing. You have to get your timing down in a graceful manner for the wind up tho.

Nice! I’m randomly rolling for my melee weapon for each boss in a third playthrough now and it’s been fun as hell. My main discovery is that fists, claws, and daggers are way better than I expected.

Last edited:
That poison fist! I really have been having too much success rolling through the cleaver and gargoyle weapons to play with fists much, but the poison fist is pretty strong!

In the meantime, I just lost another 80 thousand ruins. I have been adding it up, and I swear I've lost 4 million flipping ruins in this stupid game. If it were cash, I would shoot myself!

That poison fist! I really have been having too much success rolling through the cleaver and gargoyle weapons to play with fists much, but the poison fist is pretty strong!

In the meantime, I just lost another 80 thousand ruins. I have been adding it up, and I swear I've lost 4 million flipping ruins in this stupid game. If it were cash, I would shoot myself!

I lost 2 million last night falling off the Divine Tower of Caelid and didn't go back to them because I was in a dumb spot to begin with and it's easy to rune farm after NG. Especially easy using the sacred relic sword from the remembrance for beating the final boss, and then farming at the palace approach ledge road grace. I run over there when I need to buy the higher end smithing stones and grab a million runes in a few minutes.

The only truly weak weapons I've found in the game so far are the generic whip and the generic club. I fought a Night Rider with the whip and it was a hilariously long fight. He got his horse back twice before I could wear him down.

Last edited:
good grief. Some of you guys.... I watched a clip where a kid went and beat the game with nothing but a bow and arrows. My mind was blown.

There are guys that know the game really, really well, and then there are guys / gals that can PLAY the game really, really well. I guess I'm learning stage rn. I still have no clue what I'm doing. Pretty sure this game should have ended by now. I'm missing stuff, and have no idea whats happening. I think I burned the tree, but I didn't complete the final boss (someone told me I would lose the round table if I did).

I'm just trying to complete everything. I got orphan NPC's and unfinished graces all over the place. I still no idea where I'm going lol. Don't really want to start over, so ... I just keep looking for new stuff while I'm leveled up.

VN Store

Back