EJ Anosike to return to Vols for 2021-2022 season

Assuming Pons/Springer/Johnson leaves, with/without Fulky...

WITH:
Chandler
Vescovi/Bailey
James/Mashack/Gaines
ORN/Walker/Pember
Fulky/Anosike/Plavsic

WITHOUT:
Chandler
Vescovi/Bailey
James/Mashack/Gaines
ORN/Walker/Pember
Anosike/Plavsic

With the increased scholarship limit (returning seniors not counting) I wonder if we look to add a grad transfer or 2. Theoretically in either scenario we have room to add 3 more scholarship players, have to be careful on who you add though as they’ll likely count the next year.

Could we theoretically add 5 senior transfers if seniors don’t count against scholarship caps?

Missouri has 5 seniors that play. They could all come back and Missouri isn’t restrained by their scholarships counting against their roster totals?

I don't know why Fulky wouldn't come back. Another year towards an advanced degree would be great for him. I can't see him ever playing professional level basketball above the NBADL/Overseas regardless of what he chooses regarding next season.

Could we theoretically add 5 senior transfers if seniors don’t count against scholarship caps?

Missouri has 5 seniors that play. They could all come back and Missouri isn’t restrained by their scholarships counting against their roster totals?
Seniors returning won’t count, seniors transferring will count again limit.

I don't know why Fulky wouldn't come back. Another year towards an advanced degree would be great for him. I can't see him ever playing professional level basketball above the NBADL/Overseas regardless of what he chooses regarding next season.

I hope he does come back, but they're paying alot of money to professional basketball overseas these days.

Reactions: sccshortstop
No, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that both are gone, but both are 1st rounders in almost all the mock drafts, it's just hard to pass up that kind of guaranteed money

Oh yea, I totally get it. This seems to be a much stronger class than last year draft-wise. A lot of guys are showing out as well. Didn't know if maybe they had slipped some in mocks.

Reactions: The Dog
Oh yea, I totally get it. This seems to be a much stronger class than last year draft-wise. A lot of guys are showing out as well. Didn't know if maybe they had slipped some in mocks.
It looks like Keon has slipped a little and Springer is rising, slightly. I'm hearing more and more that this draft is so strong that it may be a benefit for both to come back and possibly be lottery picks in '22, tho. So, u never know, if I was a betting man and I am, I would bet one freshman comes back and one goes pro

It looks like Keon has slipped a little and Springer is rising, slightly. I'm hearing more and more that this draft is so strong that it may be a benefit for both to come back and possibly be lottery picks in '22, tho. So, u never know, if I was a betting man and I am, I would bet one freshman comes back and one goes pro
You can bet Pons and Barnes will guide them through the pre-draft process. Passing up the money isn't the only issue, the potential for injury also exists if they come back next year.

Reactions: The Dog
Potentially...let’s see how they perform the rest of the year, returning average players for an extra year doesn’t automatically mean they’re that much better.
They’re just an example. Wisconsin has only 2 non-seniors who play. None of them are likely draft picks right now. Michigan plays 5 seniors. Certainly the teams who happen to have more seniors are at an advantage vs others w this rule change

They’re just an example. Wisconsin has only 2 non-seniors who play. None of them are likely draft picks right now. Michigan plays 5 seniors. Certainly the teams who happen to have more seniors are at an advantage vs others w this rule change
Absolutely, but those teams also could be hurt in the future if some underclassmen who were planning on bigger roles next year now see seniors returning...those underclassmen opt to leave and the following year those schools are hurting, going to be a balancing act.

Absolutely, but those teams also could be hurt in the future if some underclassmen who were planning on bigger roles next year now see seniors returning...those underclassmen opt to leave and the following year those schools are hurting, going to be a balancing act.
True

If Tennessee was to return Anosike and Fulky it definitely gives the staff a luxury to take a big man like Tamba who you can redshirt and try to develop for a year...still would like another post body but hopefully Walker shows more as well as ORN.
Would definitely be preferable to develop another post than to have to rely on some luck in the transfer portal. I’m also not writing ORN off. He was a project from the beginning. Two years to develop into a serviceable SEC post player seems like a reasonable ask

Would definitely be preferable to develop another post than to have to rely on some luck in the transfer portal. I’m also not writing ORN off. He was a project from the beginning. Two years to develop into a serviceable SEC post player seems like a reasonable ask
That kid sure has the physical tools to be a beast.

VN Store

Back