EJ Anosike Enters Transfer Portal

I know he doesn’t count towards scholarships, but this was a good move. He wasn’t going to get playing time here. Hope he lands somewhere he can contribute.
I would like to know why he wouldn't count towards scholarships. Is he a walk on or something? If it's obvious I'm sorry for my ignorance about it. Thanks for any info about this

I would like to know why he wouldn't count towards scholarships. Is he a walk on or something? If it's obvious I'm sorry for my ignorance about it. Thanks for any info about this

All players get a free year for Covid, and any returning senior is a free scholarship and doesn't count toward the 13. Once he leaves, we don't get it back though.

All players get a free year for Covid, and any returning senior is a free scholarship and doesn't count toward the 13. Once he leaves, we don't get it back though.
This will show how much I don't know about scholarships but have seniors never counted toward scholarships or is it just because of covid? I would think it's the latter.

This will show how much I don't know about scholarships but have seniors never counted toward scholarships or is it just because of covid? I would think it's the latter.

Just because of Covid. 13 scholarships at all times. But, in this year, any senior who wishes to return can maintain their scholarship. If Fulky, Anosike, and Pons had all returned, we could have had 16 on scholarship.

Just because of Covid. 13 scholarships at all times. But, in this year, any senior who wishes to return can maintain their scholarship. If Fulky, Anosike, and Pons had all returned, we could have had 16 on scholarship.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, It makes perfect sense.

To be clear, Anosike’s scholarship WILL count against whichever school he transfers to. Otherwise, Duke and UK would just convince any and all SR players to transfer there and field a team of 30 kids.

Those senior players don’t count only if they stay with the school they were already attending.

I have a feeling that a few of these kids will find their way to George Mason or ETSU. I hate this transfer portal nonsense but I understand the thinking behind these decisions. I hope Anosike finds success wherever he lands.
GBO!!

Reactions: myvols1
Same, I would like to hear something definite about him and Corey walker. Prediction is fulky stays and Walker is gone, but I would just like to know for sure. Guess I'm just impatient lol
Agree. But also really want to see news of a 6’9”-6’ 10” incoming portal commit.

It depends on how you look at it. Schools are now able to reset and improve the roster a lot quicker and easier than they were before.
I know and understand completely but I get emotionally attached and remember his sister playing here and him saying that he always loved the Vols.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

I wished it would have worked out better for him here, but I wish him the best wherever he lands.

I know and understand completely but I get emotionally attached and remember his sister playing here and him saying that he always loved the Vols.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

It's clear he wasn't cut out for this level and they tried to get him involved early in the season, but I agree with you on this one.

Reactions: Maxwell865
Lots of positions opening everywhere, so it may not be an issue, but it will be interesting to see where he lands because while he wouldn’t have counted towards Tennessee’s scholarship limit, he WILL count towards the 13 spots at wherever he lands. Given that he was exposed at the P6 level, it will be interesting to see who takes a chance on him.
Etsu would be a good landing spot. Not nearly as many big athletic guys in the southern conference. He seemed to struggle with the length of defenders in the sec.

Reactions: cncchris33
We need a Wayne Chism caliber player in the post. Would completely change the team.

VN Store

Back