**update 1/27 N865UT is still on the ground at 10:15 in ORL. PC is at noon. Flight time is about 90 minutes. **update airborne around 10:20.

The dean of the UT Knoxville college of engineering is sitting in the middle of a large conference room on the campus of Davidson College in Charlotte, NC, attending a meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineering, when his phone blows up with dozens of texts.

Most of them are from his secretary, his assistant dean, and a couple of his more senior professors. They're all super-worried because the dean's use of the university aircraft to get to the conference has become a sensation on social media. But way down at the bottom, there's a single text from a fella named Danny White: "good job!" is all it says.

The Dean smiles and goes back to listening to the conference speaker.

The old decoy trick? Works eveytime and all the while DW snuck out of UT and drove to Nashville if he even returned from Orlando yesterday. I hope this ignorance ends before Friday. It's humorous but we need to tell our players something soon and get a little last minute recruiting done. Most recruits want some reliable info before making decisions.

Our fan base is the best. Does anyone remember the video of the guy following Currie around Neyland asking if he was going to “hire Gruden?”

Yesterday evening, Donde Plowman's administrative assistant called the chief pilot of UT's small fleet at home:

"Sir, Ms. Plowman asked me to get in touch with you. Do you remember that request for an increase to your training budget, submitted in August? Well, the Chancellor found a source that can bump your budget up a bit. But it comes with a catch. Can you do the first training flight tomorrow morning? Oh, that's good. Okay, and can you make it a multi-leg circle including these four cities [names them]? Oh, that's perfect. No, no passengers, you guys just have fun training tomorrow. I'll get the funds to you first thing. Go Vols!"

The dean of the UT Knoxville college of engineering is sitting in the middle of a large conference room on the campus of Davidson College in Charlotte, NC, attending a meeting of the American Society of Mechanical Engineering, when his phone blows up with dozens of texts.

Most of them are from his secretary, his assistant dean, and a couple of his more senior professors. They're all super-worried because the dean's use of the university aircraft to get to the conference has become a sensation on social media. But way down at the bottom, there's a single text from a fella named Danny White: "good job!" is all it says.

The Dean smiles and goes back to listening to the conference speaker.
believable almost any other year but doubtful there is an actual academic conference in person right now.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I’ll watch to see it’s destination but they’re probably meeting coaches away from their universities.

Attachments

• 482EBE8E-7B90-4285-B8FB-FAF274FBC038.png
    482EBE8E-7B90-4285-B8FB-FAF274FBC038.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 62

VN Store

Back